PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Knit Your Square to Give Your Share - PART 4

Options

Comments

• Pippa.S
    Pippa.S Posts: 2,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 10 July 2010 at 8:43PM
    Options
    :hello:hello its only me

Been AWOL again, busy, busy as usual. Spent a few hours at MIL's washing ironing:eek: and clearing out her wardrobes, at her request I might add. Took a huge bag of clothes that have either never been worn or worn very rarely down to the charity shop, she also had a pure wool Witney blanket with satin edges, so that went as well.

k2tog - aw thanks, Mum is still waiting for the appointment to come through, I am going to ring the Doc on Monday as she still cant eat anything except mushy stuff and is losing sooo much weight.I am getting quite worried about her now as she never says she feels ill so when she does I know she is.
    Shelley - I am full of admiration for your Mum such a brave and positive lady, all I can say is "Go for it girl and good for you":T
    chalky - glad the squares arrived. Hows the derrier(sp)? now;) bit more comfortable I hope.Just had a look at the Wooligan site and the blankets are lovely well done with all that sewing up:TI did have a pattern in my favourites for crochet blanket squares and that was darkish with all sorts of bobbles and cables on.I will have a look and see if I still have the link
    kathy - love the photos :)
    PTB - its not pants at all, everything you have done will help someone out there :)
    ISOM - glad the probs at work seem to be sorted now.
    Salome - what a lovely looking family you must be so proud of them....I think it's so nice to see young people spending time with their grandparents, after all, time is the most precious thing you can give to anyone
    Pam :wave:nice to see you back
    PSSO - well done on the gardening did you get the borders finished? cheese,crackers and chutney... you really know how to push the boat out :rotfl:
    kinsey -ahhh what a shame poor thing
    mrs-m - just to let you know I am thinking of you, and sending gentle hugs and prayers your way xx
    MrsTwins - have done a few blue and white squares, will get them off to you next week, the latest blankets you have done are lovely, I really must try some of your edging's they are so effective:)
    BTW thanks for the cards its lovely x
    sock-knitter - hope things are ok with you and the boy's x

Lots of (((HUGS))) for all MIA's hope things are ok with you all
    yoo hoo :wave:May,Lorna,Orkneystar,Jean,f1,Kinsey and anyone else I have missed.

Off for an hour or so with my crochet now...and hope I stay awake long enoiugh to get at least one row of the ripple done :rotfl:
    I am really trying to get it finished now this is one for my sister.
    I want to start one for DGD1 as I have already done one for DGD2 but I won't give it to her yet until they can both have them at the same time;)

Wow what a marathon post....sorry :o

Anne
    x
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all. Thanks for good wishes. Took the cat to rehoming and think she will be fine there - woman knows whats what! Feeling v tired after this week - emotionally but thats to be expected. no wooly stuff done but hope to get into more of a routine soon.
    Good for you doing sommat for you chalky.
    Rnjoy the garden
    hugs pippa! Odd to bed I go...sleep tight!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• Kinsey
    Kinsey Posts: 887 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    Shez your Mum sounds great, hugs to you all.
    PippaS I do hope you get some joy ringing the doctor, they do seem to leave things a long time. Hope your Mum impoves soon.
    ISOM here's hoping Poppycat finds a nice new home quickly. How's your Mum? What's your next step re work?
    Chalky I know what you mean about dogs trying to help! You might find this interesting http://grandmotherspatternbook.com/?p=1935&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+GrandmothersPatternBook+%28Grandmother%27s+Pattern+Book%29
  • roamin_in_the_gloamin
    Options
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Sorry folks – stuff got in the way - I have managed to log on and read some of the posts as the weeks went along but it became impossible to post. SIL and Beau left on Tuesday (thought they were staying for the whole summer at one stage), DS left on Thursday (could only stay one week – he has an appointment at the hospital and didn't want to cancell) and I have been washing, ironing and cleaning ever since. [/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Update – that's a joke!![/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]1 boob[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]As I skimmed through the posts I know each and every one of you have lots going on around you, so I am sending hugs to everybody with love and positive thoughts going out to you all.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Starting tomorrow I am back on the case – well I hope I am. I have made a start on the Snowmen – got caught out by my sister for the school fete so I aim to get ahead! [/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Jean[/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]x[/FONT]
    The Hooligan Wooligan – age 9¾
    Charity Knitting 2015-
    2xSIBOL butterflies -86x squares
  • psso
    psso Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Good to see you Jean, you must be cream crackered after all your visitors. Sit down for a wee while and get your breath back before you start the production line again.

Pippa - re crackers and cheese and chutney - it was a deeelicious lunch. Krackawheats with a `nice bit of Wensleydale Gromit` and some Baxters crushed pineapple and red pepper chutney - never tried it before and was a wee bit dubious to be honest, as it says it has a hint of chilli in it. I don`t `do` hot stuff so was very cautious to start with but it was lovely, so went back for more. DS was impressed too, he`s usually a cheese and pickle lad, but he had his fair share too.:D

Sat down last night with the pattern box looking for something to inspire me - the four ply matinee jacket has been relegated to the `must try again when I`m in the mood` corner - couldn`t decide on anything so it`s back to preemie hats for a while till things settle down again and I can concentrate on a pattern. Head seems to be all over the place just now - butterfly brain syndrome.

DD has her appointment with the orthopaedic surgeon tomorrow to get the results of the MRI scan she had at the end of April, to see if she will need the op on her wrist to shorten one of the bones. Have this dreadful feeling that DS will be in one hospital having his op and DD will being another having her op and I`ll be going between them with little J in tow. Oh well, at least it would be all over at the same time, and things migt get back to normal - or at least as normal as can be in this house ;).

Suppose I`d better go and do something constructive.......well I think I`ll need a caffeine boost first.
    Have a good Sunday and hugs to those who need them, for whatever reason.

See you later.

Elaine.x
    Fully paid up member of S.A.B.L.E.
    Stash Accumulated Beyond Life Expectancy :D

Charity knitting 2015
  • shezmit
    shezmit Posts: 781 Forumite
    Options
    Well thats one job done :j:j:j:j:j:j BLOG is UPTO DATE :j:j:j:j:j:j

the next job on the list is to sort out the items which needs finishing off eg cardies needs buttons, buntings needs ribbons oh the joys we have

But i have done 6 massive boxes ready to be sent out to the hospitals and 2 which needs to be finished off, just need more boxes now so i can get more done.

this what happens when you have a break from sort stuff out:j:j:j:j:j
    Knitting for premature babies and babies that are born to soon :T
    TOTAL: 4 SANDS BLANKET, 18 CROCHETED BLANKETS, 4 GOWNS, 2 SLEEPING BAG (PRIVATE REQUEST), 1 BIB, 8 BOOBS, 3 CARDIES, 9 VENTS, 3 KNITTED BLANKETS, 1 PAIR OF BOOTIES, 1 HAT,
  • chalky_75
    chalky_75 Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    Options
    Hello to one and all
    Lovely to see you Jean and Shelley and of course lots of love to anyone else who is just reading along with us right now.

Well DMIL and I went out for a carvery lunch before picking up DOH who has been away with his sticks for the weekend.
    I showed her all the Lapppys before we wnet out and she loves them so that was nice. It is amazing how such a joint effort can result in so much good!
    PSSO Hope there is good news tomorrow for DD

Had a text from Kathy this morning and she has no phone or internet at the moment but I am sure she sends her love and is itching to get back with us all.

I am quietly hooking with Operation Stitch Up and loving it.
    So lots of love to one and all
    Try and do a good deed every day.
  • f1widow
    f1widow Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    Options
    Evening ladies - wow what a weekend - feel a bit down tonight as its all over and back to normal tommorow ... - thanks for your enquiries into catering - it has pretty much been cold meats, pasta, rice salad etc all weekend - with some burgers with salad and last catering was only good old cake and biccies - got to see my best friend who I have not seen in about 6 months (must be longer as she had not seen my new look enamel tee hee) - the boys have had a fantastic weekend - DS cant stop saying thank you which is really very sweet - he got to meet the drivers and big boss of the team yesterday - staff family party - got a trophy in sports events etc BUT my biggest smile came when the Red Arrows came right over the house (if I had fillings it would have shook them out ha ha) - I miss seeing them they were a big part of my childhood

Its really great to see so many of us on here together at the moment

shelley - thanks for letting us know how Mum is getting on - tell her from us "go for it girl"!!! xxx
    chalky - good for you doing some bits for yourself xxx
    kathy - helllllooooooooo when you get back on xxx
    psso - cold and wet lordy loo its been sweltering here - in fact my friend (who lives in wales now) said it was so hot - I said to her its actually cooler - apparently 10 degrees hotter than wales here xxx
    good luck with the hospital visits xxx
    isom - keep smiling sweetie xxx
    roamin and prfungi - lovely to see you xxxx
    Hugs and love to anyone i have missed - short term memory loss - do you think HRT would help :rotfl:- infact if its the menopause I could go round doing alsorts of crazy things and get away with it (apparently!!!) sugar ... Ive been doing crazy things
    I really need some needle time so am off to have a quick click
    Night night all - jaqui xxxx
    PS Is there not a baby due soon DON was it ???????
    Debt Diary: Im not going to be an Ostrich anymore -LBM - 16/1/12 /
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all...no wooly stuff as spent ALL afternoon trying to find a dress for wedding Im going to and could I find it? ~No!!
    thanks for good wishes...I will be ok in the long run but will take some time to get my head round it all. Hindsight is a wonderful thing isnt it eh!
    chalky lunch sounds yummy!
    Poppy cat is settling in her foster home, isoke is remarkably relaxed and gome alot more than she was of late...
    Did enjoy nice dvd this eve with mum! Hope to finish cardi this week!
    Sounds like hard work but fun F1? Did you watch today?? Mum was banished!
    Hugs for people lurking...hope you are all ok
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• salome
    salome Posts: 352 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi

Will catch up on posts later. Just a quick pop on to say hi :-) Hope you all had a good weekend. Mine was hectic lol, but fun.
    Have a blessed and prosperous day. Hugs to all who need them ((((hugs)))) Love you all :-)

x
    A work in progress :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family