PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Knit Your Square to Give Your Share - PART 4

Options

Comments

• chalky_75
    chalky_75 Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    Options
    Crochet 200 squares is about to bounce off the wall !
    Try and do a good deed every day.
  • prfungi
    prfungi Posts: 539 Forumite
    Options
    chalky_75 wrote: »
    Crochet 200 squares is about to bounce off the wall !

Hi chalky - whats the problem?

luv:smileyhea
    Pam.:hello:
  • roamin_in_the_gloamin
    Options
    Well the fireworks and bangs started just after 11 last night and again 5 am this morning, HAPPY BASTILLE DAY folks

bastilleday.gif

It has been tipping down overnight and the meteo has promised us a load of wind into the bargain, so we rushed out last night and dismantled the gazebo having lost at least two previously!

Anne sounds like you and your mum had fun at the shopping, what a smashing way to spend a day
    Chalky - for why you chuck the book at the wall? Too many choices perhaps and not knowing where to make a start? Take it easy - yep machine is going great guns - more today - might even move up a size.
    Pam - lovely to see you posting
    Kathy - fingers crossed the rotten weather misses you this time around. Did I see you had family due for a holiday soon??

The dogs have now realised I am up and at em, so I had better go and at least let them out, that way DH might just get a bit of a lie in
    Love, cuddles and positive vibes going out to everyone, yep that means YOU - have a great day what ever you get up to
    X
    The Hooligan Wooligan – age 9¾
    Charity Knitting 2015-
    2xSIBOL butterflies -86x squares
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    HI all

Jean - I think we've had yet another thunderstorm overnight. I woke up late (after 8, which is late for me!), plugged the Livebox in, heard a distant bout of thunder, then unplugged it again. I think the storm was going rather than coming! For some reason, I can't sign into Yahoo but I'll try and sort it later - I need that for one of the online jobs I do. DS1 and his family are arriving on 27th for a few days - DH is busy getting a big bedroom room ready upstairs for them.

Chalky - is your 200 squares book the same one that I've got? I've done about half a dozen of the squares in it. Some of them do look challenging!

Well, I'd better get the breakfast on - don't feel too guilty about sleeping in because, as Jean has said, it's Bastille Day here and a bank holiday!

Jean - I loved your little French man!

Will catch up with you all later and will read the last few days of posts that I've missed.

Pam - great to have you back posting again.

Hope you all have a great day wherever you are!

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • chalky_75
    chalky_75 Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning to one and all
    Lovely to see it a bit busier on this lovely little thread of life!
    Happy Bastille day to the Francophiles!

Well it is the week of appointments this week--- Hygienist, routine check at the hospital and dentist tomorrow. You can guess what comes with me to the waiting rooms! I also have to do 3 treatments on the same person to finish my training for Reiki Level Two. 1 done but I love that so much it does not fall in the same league as the dentist!!

Wall and book !!!!!!! ---- Don't you keep learning about yourself. I have come to know that my real love comes in the completion of things. Hence my love of sewing up and finishing the Operation Stitch Up blankets!

I love big projects not tiny fiddly things. So double crochet which in American terms for the book is single crochet and bobbles do NOT suit me . My daughter in law must have the patience of a saint. I love trebles and grannying. However I will retrieve the book and have a look for something different but in trebles!!!

I hope more people come out to play today -- It would be lovely to catch up with our MIA friends.

Lots of love and gentle thoughts
    Try and do a good deed every day.
  • Pippa.S
    Pippa.S Posts: 2,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    morning all,
    Bit cool here today, but up to yet it's dry :)

Been pithering about so far doin a bit of this and a bit of that, washings out under the back cover blowing nicely, no ironing to do....can you see my halo :rotfl:Just got bathroom floor to do before we go out.

chalky - try the corner granny square, its easier than it looks and starts off like a granny sq, then you work on just 2 sides with dc.Its on page 37 and its no:7..... go on give it a go you can do it :)
    Jean - yes it was a lovely day we both enjoyed it, talked Mum into taking her 3 wheel tripod thing, its easier for her to walk with it, and anyway saves carrying all the bags ;):rotfl:
    :wave:Ianna nice to see you
    kathy - glad to see you back online
    ISOM,PSSO big ((HUGS)) for you after all you have been through this year
    May - missing you and your lovely posts x

I have both of the 200 books now my lovely sister bought me the Knitted one, was'nt that nice of her:A

Better go OH wants to get going and I am getting "THE LOOK"
    and I've still got the bathroom floor to do:eek:

Have good days everyone sending a gentle :grouphug:for all
    Anne
    x
  • psso
    psso Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, bloomin` cold, wet and windy here, had to put on the heating as the little people were feeling a bit chilly.

Chalky - "but I was walking past the wool shop and the blessed doormat came out and tripped me up. I landed right by the wool!!!!"

Naughty doormat !! Not more bruises I hope, and well done for rescuing some of the `inmates`. Good to see I`m not the only one who chucks stuff across the room when things are not going right. Hope DH wasn`t in the line of fire ??

I got a couple of crochet books from the library last time I was there. They didn`t do me any good at all because I discovered they were American - bad enough trying to understand Lucy in attic24 without having to `translate` language as well.:o

quote ; psso x for Jayward ;quote :think::think:

Had me a bit confused there for a minute as I don`t have one of them..............presume you meant Jayden - did you bang your head when you tripped over that doormat :rotfl:???

ISOM - glad to hear things are settling down for you. Be a good idea to have a breathing space before you have to go back to w***. Have you found a dress for the wedding yet ?

Pippa - rather you than me with the shopping lark. I really do not like shopping for clothes. Only time I enjoyed being near shops was when we were on holiday and found little antique/junk/bookshops to browse in, and of course the wool shops.I like those places where there are lots of little independent shops and avoid those big faceless chainstores like the plague. Just as well everyone isn`t like me or they`d go out of business.

Kathy and Jean - enjoy your Bastille day holiday. :T

Hello Ianna - I`ve just finished a Sands blanket and ready to start another, shame they are always needed.

Well I had a phone call from the cardiac surgeon`s secretary yesterday asking if DS could come in on Thursday for op on Friday - yes, as in the day after tomorrow, well tomorrow now ;). Definitely not, was his response, but slightly stronger IYKWIM.
    Next date offered was middle of August - no way, that`s his birthday - so looks like it will be 24th/25th of the month.

Then DD1 came in from work to collect kids and tells me the bone scan DD3 will be having means she has to avoid children for 24 hours as she will be very radioactive, so she`ll have to steer clear of little J. Told her she`ll have to sleep in the greenhouse or shed.

Looks like it will be an afternoon in front of the telly with my knitting today as it`s faaar too cold and wet to be out in the garden. Hope there`s a Midsomer Murder or something on. Hmmm, cuppa - knitting - John Nettles.....sounds good to me, but I`m easily pleased.

See you later, :wave: to any lurkers or MIA`s too busy / `down` to post - hugs if you need them.

Elaine. x

Fully paid up member of S.A.B.L.E.
    Stash Accumulated Beyond Life Expectancy :D

Charity knitting 2015
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all

We've just had yet another thunderstorm so I had to unplug the Livebox. It really gets on my nerves because I didn't have to be so paranoid about unplugging things in the UK, but the Liveboxes are so sensitive. I wonder if the technology will ever catch up?

Anyway, Elaine - bug ((((hugs))) to your DS. It must be such a worry for you both. I'm with you with the shopping thing - I only like shopping for wool and things for the grandchildren. The chainstores have to do without my custom, too!

Chalky - hope you are getting to grips with your squares.

Well, I still haven't caught up with all the posts that I missed but send lots of (((hugs))) to all in need.

Off to put the kettle on.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • dpixie
    dpixie Posts: 315 Forumite
    Options
    hi all - i have been missing for about 2 weeks now due to the fact that i have been in the uk with OH tidying up the last of our stuff here and organising small loads of stuff to go out to france. i have also been saying goodbye to everyone, so thats been rather fun.

chalky - i have to admit to being the remiss person who forgot to put her name on the squares - the pink and blue ones - so sorry. i was just trying to send out so many parcels that it must have just slipped my sieve of a mind.

isom - so glad that w**k is now sort of sorted out, i am sure that its a huge weight off your mind. i am sure that things will work out just fine.

oh well - having caught up and stuff, i think that i have used up all my computer time. will be back online from sunday.

best wishes to everyone and a special hug to may - we miss you.

dpixie
    1 oxfam jumper, 19 hexagon jumpers and 1 beanie!
    :)
  • psso
    psso Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    Options
    Crikey, no-one been here since yesterday afternoon !!!!!

Everyone must be superbusy - better go and be busy too then.

Back later.

Elaine.x
    Fully paid up member of S.A.B.L.E.
    Stash Accumulated Beyond Life Expectancy :D

Charity knitting 2015
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts