Great UK's Top Designer Charity Shops Hunt

1234568»

Comments

• Spikey_2
    Spikey_2 Posts: 14,119 Forumite
    any of these in West Yorkshire area?
    Use your judgement, and above all, be honest with yourself. :)
    I walk with the world & the world walks with me!
    I don't make bad choices!!! Other people just fail to see my GENIUS !!!! :D
  • Shirley in Solihull has 9 charity shops all really close together on the same high street!
  • I have never seen designer clothes in any charity shops I have been to :( I have got a vintage M&S (with the old "St Michael" label) black lambswool cardigan with gold buttons for a few pounds, my favourite buy! I have found quite a few lambswool cardigans actually in my area, and some lovely cheap 60s style dresses..not to mention amazing belts for 50p and vintage scarves for £1! Unfortunately all these charity shops closed down and there is 1 left :(

Going charity shopping in London tomorrow, can't wait!
  • Oh I just love charity shops for a good rummage through. Great finds there many's a time:)
    Do a little kindness every day.;)
  • I have a green vintage M&S lambswool St michael cardi with the gold buttons as well! Haha.. I also got some great vintage jumpers, and some really cute vintage earrings :) And i always get books in charity shops - even though oxfam are expensive, they have the newest books in! I got a £9 in whsmith book for £2, great holiday read! But if you're really looking to cut down costs, avoid the "big names" as such - like British Heart Foundation, Oxfam, etc - the smaller charity shops are always less expensive.
  • Hi all, seeing as this thread is a few years old i thought maybe a new thread could be started of the best charity shops around.
    Thanks
    :heart2:Mummy to a beautiful little girl:heart2:

£2014 in 2014 challenge. £71/£2014
  • All over priced around here (Herts). Such a shame because they must make more for charity if they actually sell the items that have been donated.
    Make £2 a day challenge - doing well so far.
  • I love charity shops, but felt very annoyed when I recently visited our local Red Cross shop.

They had a brand new touch screen till, god knows how much it cost. Why waste so much charity money.

(I googled the words "red cross till" and saw a photo of the same till in another red cross shop. Maybe all the shops are getting the same till. Why the need?)
  • British heart Foundation in York is an AMAZING shop. I get nearly all my clothes from charity shops being a student, and i wear labels like, topshop, morgan, miss selfridge and DKNY. The ladies in there are really good and they are always moving the shop around to make it different when you go in. I never fail to buy a designer top in there. But no one knows where i get all my designer gear so dirt cheap. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure