Great UK's Top Designer Charity Shops Hunt

Comments

• evab_2
    evab_2 Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    HI,

I've just been to Banardos in Rhyl, and although I haven't seen any designer gear yet but I brought some clothes for my little girl that were Boots Mini Mode and George brand new for £1-£2!

They are donated in kind and are all brand new.
  • Hello, I am new here but I just had to register to let you know that there is a site that lists charity shops in the UK http://www.charityshops.org.uk !! Whenever I go to a new town like Bath or Bristol (I live in Cardiff) I print off a list so I know where they are. I have now given a big secret away. Darrnnn!!!!

threadbanner.gif
  • poorbutrich
    poorbutrich Posts: 1,349 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I've been pretty impressed with Shaw Trust shops - not only are their items reasonably priced, but they're the only ones in my town who've said "thank you" for donations, instead of "put it over there".
    Overpay!
  • As you'd imagine for that sort of area, the Oxfam at the top of Gloucester Road is full of very nice, recent, exc cond hardbacks, and loads of very expensive-looking shoes and handbags!
  • ayla261
    ayla261 Posts: 450 Forumite
    rochester (medway, kent) officially has the most charity shops in one high street, i think its 8 or 9!
    I got a bargain in help the aged gravesend at weekend, pair of faith shoes (rrp new £60), obviously only worn once, you could tell they were nearly new, for £3.99 :T
    This time next year Rodney... :D
  • juno
    juno Posts: 6,553 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    ayla261 wrote:
    rochester (medway, kent) officially has the most charity shops in one high street, i think its 8 or 9!
    I got a bargain in help the aged gravesend at weekend, pair of faith shoes (rrp new £60), obviously only worn once, you could tell they were nearly new, for £3.99 :T
    If you're in Rochester, go over the Bridge and on the High Street in Strood there's a Shelter charity shop. I got a brand new Ralph Lauren bag still with tags on for £6.99 there! They have lots of new stuff
    Murphy's No More Pies Club #209

Total debt [STRIKE]£4578.27[/STRIKE] £0.00 :j
    100% paid off :j

• JennyB
    JennyB Posts: 224 Forumite
    Just found this:
    telegraph article
    by Hilary Alexander discussing the best charity shops for designer bargains! :T

I'm going shopping this weekend :D
  • angeltoad
    angeltoad Posts: 43 Forumite
    MIND in Camden - 20 Camden road, NW1, just a minute from Camden Town tube stn. It is arranged rather irregularly, but that meaans for those willing to hunt there are some great bargains and it seems to be cheaper that all the other charity shops in the area.
    In terms of best town for charity shops, I nominate BARNSLEY. there are enough to keep you occupied for a whole afternoon or more and they are all cheap and have good stuff.
  • I bought a fab cashmire mix winter coat by Calvin Klein for £20 in the middle of the summer from one of the Notting Hill shops (sorry can't remember which) it looks brand new so they were probably just getting rid of out of season stuff.
  • hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    My favourites are the Ian Rennie hospice shope in Tring, where I got Phase 8 trousers for £1, and the Scope shop in Watford High St, where I got unworn Karen Millen trousers for £3.95.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure