🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Great 'Singles' Holidays' Hunt

Options

Comments

• lvm
    lvm Posts: 1,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ok...so at the risk of (a) sounding like a lonely old spinster (ok, a young spinster) or (b) getting shouted at for reviving an 8 month old thread:

Anyone also looking at solo holidays but fancy some company?

I've been thinking about holidays for next year and year after and fancy something a bit different (the Exodus holidays look amazing! Actually want to go on the 31 day India Grand Tour in 2013 but a shorter holiday (on a MSE budget) in 2012 would be great! Never been interested in boozy party holidays...

Interest to be noted on a postcard (or a Private Message if you want the simpler option!)

P.s. 25 year old female! x
  • Bronnie
    Bronnie Posts: 4,165 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lvm wrote: »
    Ok...so at the risk of (a) sounding like a lonely old spinster (ok, a young spinster) or (b) getting shouted at for reviving an 8 month old thread:

Anyone also looking at solo holidays but fancy some company?

I've been thinking about holidays for next year and year after and fancy something a bit different (the Exodus holidays look amazing! Actually want to go on the 31 day India Grand Tour in 2013 but a shorter holiday (on a MSE budget) in 2012 would be great! Never been interested in boozy party holidays...

Interest to be noted on a postcard (or a Private Message if you want the simpler option!)

P.s. 25 year old female! x

Never used it, but did come across this site in the past, which might be worth a look

http://www.thelmandlouise.com/
  • Jesspixie
    Options
    Have a look at the GiddyLimits website for tips and advice on singles holidays for over 50s a few money saving ones : )
  • northwestphoto
    Options
    I was looking for a great value singles holiday last year and ended up booking a photography holiday in Scotland.

I was really good. Only 8 other people, everyone stayed in a really nice country house (with snooker room etc).

The holiday was £850, which may seem expensive, but it included all accommodation (no single supplement), all food, photography tuition and transport.

As the holiday involved a lot of walking everyone on the holiday was quite fit (physically I mean!) and so there wer no 'couch potatoes'.

If you like photography this is a great holiday to meet some lovely people (I still keep in touch with two of the women I met)

The holiday was run by a company called picturesque scotland. They have a webiste at picturesque-scotland dot com

Enjoy!
  • mutley74
    mutley74 Posts: 4,022 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Shame Spice is not in my area.
    I am a single father with a 11yr old and would love to more overseas travel where we can do more "local things" but meet /travel with likeminded people as well. Live in NE if anyone interested.

I have used Intrepid when i did backpack alone a few years which was good, but think prices are too steep now.
  • bcl999
    bcl999 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    Options
    mutley74 wrote: »
    Shame Spice is not in my area.
    I am a single father with a 11yr old and would love to more overseas travel where we can do more "local things" but meet /travel with likeminded people as well. Live in NE if anyone interested.

I have used Intrepid when i did backpack alone a few years which was good, but think prices are too steep now.

Www.shoestring.com do similar sort of trips but prices are keener, particlularly their single supplements.

Have never used them so this is not a recommendation. Don't know if they accept children.
  • Obviously_the_best
    Options
    I don't know whether this has already been mentioned on here, but Archers Direct are offering no single room supplements on quite a few of their holidays.

http://www.archersdirect.co.uk/single-travellers
  • bcl999
    bcl999 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    edited 2 February 2013 at 12:08PM
    Options
    I don't know whether this has already been mentioned on here, but Archers Direct are offering no single room supplements on quite a few of their holidays.

http://www.archersdirect.co.uk/single-travellers
    I just tried the booking process for this and it looks like the no single supplement is only if you use their "single-share option" e.g I clicked on links from the single travellers page, I then clicked prices & availablity for 1 person (and the prices do stay the same) but when you get to the next page it shows it's the share option at the same price but if you want an actual sole occupancy room the supplements are £400 or more! Maybe it's just the combination of dates & trips I tried but I think it's a bit misleading of Archer's.
  • Patr100
    Patr100 Posts: 2,592 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options

The holiday was £850, which may seem expensive, but it included all accommodation (no single supplement), all food, photography tuition and transport.

You don't say how long it was for, so it's hard to judge if it might be expensive by most standards.

-
  • Travel1
    Options
    I have travelled with Solitair in Turkey and Exodus in Morocco and I had a good time in both holidays. The age groups were mixed from late 20s to late 50s but it was fun.
    There are many companies out there where you don't have to pay the single supplement but often even in these singles holidays, you will have to share the room with someone of the same sex.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport