Great 'Singles' Holidays' Hunt

14567810»

Comments

• Suggestions welcome for travelling to Cuba in May 2015 for approx 10/12 days! I have asked several friends who are unable to go for various reasons so I am now thinking of travelling alone, or with a like minded group, to share costs.
    I have holidayed alone previously to Turkey, Spain etc but it would be good to share such a brilliant experience. I would love to see Havana, Varadero etc, so a mixture of sightseeing, culture and beaches would be good. I am female, 50+, in good health so lots of walking is fine, but not into abseiling, white water rafting etc! lol. I have even looked at activity holidays as I have done volunteering work for the likes of Chester Zoo, but would like to chill out at times and also explore the country too.
    With the help of previous posts, I have looked at several single traveller sites but all quite expensive at £1 - £2k, when compared to £600 - £700 with the commercial companies, such as On the Beach etc, when booking for 2!
    Can anyone suggest other avenues to explore please?
    Cheers and all the very best to everyone for 2015!
    Rescued by MSE! Profile name out of date as, thankfully, with lots of help from this site, have cleared my debts! Many thanks to MSE and good luck to all !!:dance:
  • jay213
    jay213 Posts: 270 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    where do you find lastminute singles deals, just broke up with my gf and feel like holidaying before I go back to work. No friends are up for going on holiday this year, accept maybe a few days to Amsterdam.
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,280 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    jay213 wrote: »
    where do you find lastminute singles deals, just broke up with my gf and feel like holidaying before I go back to work. No friends are up for going on holiday this year, accept maybe a few days to Amsterdam.

Just book a flight and arrange accommodation separately. Greece looks like good value at the moment...
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Just book a flight and arrange accommodation separately. Greece looks like good value at the moment...

Yes - these late availability package holidays are usually designed for couples or families rather than singles.

Greece sounds like a great idea. Book the cheapest flight you can find and then do some islands hopping. Accommodation can be booked as you go. Just remember to take cash.

If you feel more like a city break and you are in the South East then BA's flight + hotel deals can be surprisingly good value. I've done several long weekends to eastern Europe with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure