Great 'Singles' Holidays' Hunt

Options

Comments

• Basil_+_WAG
    Options
    Is Delwyn still reading this post, if so can he tell me how to get in touch please? I want to go away in July/August as a lone traveller......cheap as chips is good but any thoughts and ideas would be good.

My Aunt has travelled with TravelOne for many years and rates them highly....would like to try one of their trips but they are expensive.

Have found this forum really useful, thank you.
  • MM30_2
    MM30_2 Posts: 142 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Is Delwyn still reading this post, if so can he tell me how to get in touch please? I want to go away in July/August as a lone traveller......cheap as chips is good but any thoughts and ideas would be good.

My Aunt has travelled with TravelOne for many years and rates them highly....would like to try one of their trips but they are expensive.

Have found this forum really useful, thank you.

Send him a PM (private mesage), click on his name in his post.
  • delwynshd
    delwynshd Posts: 2,907 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah im here still lol

If I can be of any help just get in touch

Thanks
    Del
    I am a Travel Agent

My company’s ABTA numbers are P6046. MSE doesn't check my status as a Travel Agent, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Travel Agent Code of Conduct.
  • Tars
    Tars Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    Mich81 wrote: »
    Would definitely recommend Trek America if you want to visit the US/Canada

Some of the treks are more geared towards cities and partying, others are mainly national parks and hiking/activites, and then there's some that are a mix of both. The majority of people travel alone, and then you've got the camping holidays (which are cheaper) or lodging holidays if you don't fancy camping - though I will say that the campsites over there are 10x better than those over here.

As Mich says Trek America are well worth a look if you're travelling alone and want to do something other than sit on a beach & drink. If anyone does fancy giving it a go shoot me a message before you book as I have a discount code for any of their trips (or just give me a shout if you have any questions about their trips as I've travelled with them several times).
  • mandy2901
    mandy2901 Posts: 121 Forumite
    Options
    can you give me some more info on this please?

sorry i thought that would include a link, the buddy system for sight impaired i meant
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE Forum Team
  • jojo90_2
    jojo90_2 Posts: 208 Forumite
    Options
    Any single guys reading this... one word... Thailand :). Just go there and party like a rockstar. Average budget is £1,000 - £1,500 per week including flights assuming you go for 2 weeks or more. My last 3 week trip cost just under £3,500 so it kinda averages out. Only problem is after coming home you won't look at Western girls again! Work hard play hard :A
  • sja9850
    Options
    This is my first post and is for the benefit of everyone (I hope!) Try the following - Travel Republic or On The Beach (Google them) No single supplements, good choice of where and when you go and reasonable prices.:) I've been single traveling with one or the other for years.(Cheapest destination tends to be Turkey)
  • mini-me66
    mini-me66 Posts: 138 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

I am looking for a 10 day (approx) trip at the end of April to make use of all the bank holidays..it could be a few days longer.

I am going to be travelling alone (which i'm quite used to but on longer backpacker trips and fairly westernised places). I'm 28 and am looking for somewhere interesting to go. Possibilities are Egypt, Borneo, Nepal.

As i'm less confident in these type countries, i'd like an organised tour. Have looked at Gapadventures, onthego, exudos and intrepid, which seem similar but the first 2 much cheaper. Has anyone used any of these companies for similar tours and anything to be aware of.

Being very indecisive so just need to book. Just hoping there are enough single travellers and not all couples!

Thanks in advance! I think i need to find a travel buddy, who doesnt want 5* accomodation!!!

Jo
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    mini-me66 wrote: »
    Hi

I am looking for a 10 day (approx) trip at the end of April to make use of all the bank holidays..it could be a few days longer.

I am going to be travelling alone (which i'm quite used to but on longer backpacker trips and fairly westernised places). I'm 28 and am looking for somewhere interesting to go. Possibilities are Egypt, Borneo, Nepal.

As i'm less confident in these type countries, i'd like an organised tour. Have looked at Gapadventures, onthego, exudos and intrepid, which seem similar but the first 2 much cheaper. Has anyone used any of these companies for similar tours and anything to be aware of.

Being very indecisive so just need to book. Just hoping there are enough single travellers and not all couples!

Thanks in advance! I think i need to find a travel buddy, who doesnt want 5* accomodation!!!

Jo

I know a few people who have used Exodus and spoken very highly of them. Not sure about the others. ;)
    Gone ... or have I?
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,153 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I always go on holiday alone (nobody loves me but I'm not going to let that stop me seeing the world)

I've never seen the attraction of "singles holidays", I've never liked being told how to have fun, I much prefer heading off on my own and doing my own thing. An organised tour might be a better idea for some out of the way places (such as the Amazon) but most places now can be done independently.

I usually have two breaks a year, a week in somewhere like Portugal, Spain or the South of France then a big two week blowout in South East Asia - Thailand, Malaysia and beyond. There is no need to spend £1500/week like a post a few up says.

It's great being able to do what you want, when you want, where you want. Some people think that travelling alone must be lonely but I find the opposite, it's easy to meet up with fellow solo travellers - all you have to do in walk into a bar!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure