Northern Ireland Delivery Charges

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• dmxdave
    dmxdave Posts: 1,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    AFAIK Royal Mail and Parcelforcel charge the same for all UK postcodes except for Channel Islands. It might be an ebay thing, I thought there was a thread on this but I can't find it!
    Dave
  • dzug
    dzug Posts: 2,260 Forumite
    Options
    dmxdave wrote: »
    AFAIK Royal Mail and Parcelforcel charge the same for all UK postcodes except for Channel Islands. It might be an ebay thing, I thought there was a thread on this but I can't find it!

Royal Mail charge the same to anywhere in the UK.

Parcelforce (for some categories at least) do have different rates depending on distance - the remoter parts of Scotland for example, Can't recall about NI but it's possible that it also applies there.
  • declanh
    declanh Posts: 133 Forumite
    Options
    Folks
    From the logs i I can see some people are still accessing the old site which is at
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/declan.higgins/ni

http://www.hisdancingleg.com/ni used to redirect to it. I'm no longer with NTL/virgin for broadband so dont have access to take this down or update it.

please stick to http://www.hisdancingleg.com/ni
    as it is the correct address and will contain the latest updates.

cheers and happy new year.
    I used to have a signature with links to the League Tables for good/bad shipping charges for Northern Ireland. But I have since learnt that this is against site rules - so they are no longer here! PM me if you need them
  • Holiday
    Holiday Posts: 361 Forumite
    Options
    One for Green list.
    www.morecomputers.co.uk
    Same delivery charge (£4.95 plus VAT) for mainland UK AND Northern Ireland.:j
    Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
  • NDK49
    NDK49 Posts: 177 Forumite
    Options
    One for the red list if it is not on it already.

The Book People

They want £5.25 to deliver a single book to Northern Ireland on a 5-7 day service. When they are just selling books why not use Royal Mail first or second class and get it there quicker and cheaper.

Even when using a free dlivery code up comes the same £5.25
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    One thing strikes me here, the companies that offer free or cheap shipping in the mainland seem to make up the difference by charging scandalous prices to post to N.I, and next day delivery never applies to Northern Ireland, its always 3-5 days and twice the price as the free next day delivery to the mainland.
  • Lindsay-Lou
    Options
    NDK49 wrote: »
    One for the red list if it is not on it already.

The Book People

They want £5.25 to deliver a single book to Northern Ireland on a 5-7 day service. When they are just selling books why not use Royal Mail first or second class and get it there quicker and cheaper.

Even when using a free dlivery code up comes the same £5.25

I'm reviving a bit of an old thread here, but i ordered from the Book People last night and on the first page of the checkout process i got a big message congratulating me on qualifying for free delivery - but my only delivery options further sown the same page were to Ireland for £3.50 or Islands for something like £7.50 (paraphrased).

Sure enough on the confirmation page i was charged for delivery. I decided to ahead with the order and query it later (which i did as soon as I had an order number)

They just replied to say i will not be charged for delivery. So I’ll just wait for the credit card statement to come in and confirm.

I don't know whether they refunded me or it was the website was incorrect but it's defo worth querying - and the book people can have their own 'make you jump through hoops for free delivery' list :D
  • Jon_C
    Jon_C Posts: 465 Forumite
    Options
    Add Whittard of Chelsea to the red list.

To send even a small bag of coffee to my exotic home town of Donaghadee they want £19.95 and say delivery will take up to seven working days!

I emailed them today to complain at the price hike (they charged much less until fairly recently and even had no surcharge at all for a while) and said I would not buy from them again until they wised up.

I told them that instead I would be continuing to use www.hasbean.com (who recently charged me about £7 for delivering about 10 kilos of coffee beans - and by FedEx too!) or www.coffee-direct.co.uk (who don't charge for delivery - not a bean, in fact:rotfl: ).

Taking time to give such negative feedback is the only way companies will ever change things. True, most of them won't anyway but it's worth trying.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure