🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The debt free journey of an easily distracted Moog

Options

Comments

• OrangeFairy
    OrangeFairy Posts: 2,630 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh flip - Was the Terry Pratchet last night!!!! :mad: We forgot to record it :(

Well done on the paperwork mountain! I don't have toooo much paperwork yet it has built up in the cupboard again. I sort through it every couple of weeks.

MMMMMMM homemade pizzas sound good. When dieting Pizzas are the food i miss the most!
    Orange Fairy
    House Purchased April 19 :) CC1=? CC2=? DH CC= Mortgage Overpay = £0 Savings = £0 Xmas savings = £0 Weightloss = 0 lb

• LittleMoog
    LittleMoog Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    Options
    The first part was yesteray, part 2 tonight, but being Sky, I'm sure it will be repeated 5 million times in the week! It was excellent, a great adaptation, so make sure you catch it :)

Our homemade pizzas aren't too calorific - I use my low calorie tomato sauce to top them, and if you have lots of veggies and lean meat toppings (no pepperoni though! :( ) you can work them into a calorie counted day (about 800 calories)

What diet are you doing? I gave up on all the official plan ones a few years ago because I can only stick to them for about 6 weeks, and then I go a bit mental and eat everything in sight! I did the Atkins diet back in 2003, lost 2 stone in 8 weeks, then went nuts and ate sooooooooo many carbs that I put it all back on plus another stone and a half :eek: I was not made to live without potatoes for that long! Similar stories with Slimming World and the F-Plan.

I went back to just counting calories, reducing portion sizes and exercising. It's sort of worked, I lost 1.5st 2 years ago (and have kept it off since) but then I stopped going to aerobics and sort of stalled. The running's kicking in now though, and it's starting to creep down again. I want to lose 3.5st by the end of next year, but I'm hoping to do it gradually and instill good habits along the way!
    Little monkey born November 2012:j
    Froglet due March 2016 :D
  • LittleMoog
    Options
    jtr2803 wrote: »
    I think we are all quite similar in age as well - might explain it :)

I am glad the BBQ was good, sounds like lots of cuddles were going on :T. The trainers also sounds like they are going to be a great investment, can't tell you how envious I am of you girls running. It's something I would really like to be able to do but I am SO unfit that I don't really know where to start and I know I would do about 50m then want to keel over :(. Maybe once I have the debt busting well under way I will make an effort to lose some weight and then start trainging :cool:

Hope the paperwork filing doesn't cause too much grief, I did mine 2 weeks ago and it took hourssssssssss :o

Hi Jody,
    Meant to add yesterday, that I can send you the training program that our beginners group used if you like. It starts out quite slowly and builds up. You wouldn't believe how hard I found it to run even 2 minutes at the start, so it really does work! I've been running twice a week or so (I aim for three times, but rarely manage it!) since January and I've seen a steady improvement. Have to admit that i'm still not really enjoying it, my carshare's a marathon runner and she keeps going on about how I'll suddenly start loving it. no sign so far! :o
  • LittleMoog
    Options
    Morning diary,
    I can't believe I'm back to work already, where did the long weekend go? I spent most of yesterday just sitting still as I woke up with a pain in my back, just above my right hip when I lifted my leg :(. It was fine if I didn't move, so DH was my slave for the day :p.

Seems to have eased off overnight, just the odd twinge, so I'm going to go for a run at lunchtime, and hope that sorts it out. Timetrial day today, and I'm hoping to beat my record for the course (51 minutes 39 seconds), I'd love to do it in under 50 minutes.

DH borrowed a shredder from his Mum yesterday, to deal with all the stuff from paperwork mountain that we decided shouldn't be thrown away whole, and it broke only 1/4 through the box! I'll have to bring it to work and try to shred it without anyone seeing :rotfl:
  • jtr2803
    jtr2803 Posts: 3,232 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Jody,
    Meant to add yesterday, that I can send you the training program that our beginners group used if you like. It starts out quite slowly and builds up. You wouldn't believe how hard I found it to run even 2 minutes at the start, so it really does work! I've been running twice a week or so (I aim for three times, but rarely manage it!) since January and I've seen a steady improvement. Have to admit that i'm still not really enjoying it, my carshare's a marathon runner and she keeps going on about how I'll suddenly start loving it. no sign so far! :o

I would like to take a look at it if that's ok, I shall PM you my email addy a bit later! Even the thought of 2 mins running is killing me :rotfl:.

Good luck for the time trial today and I hope your back pain clears up today, it sounds nasty!

Let us know how you get on :j

Very happily married on 10th April 2013 :D
    Spero Meliora
    Trying to find a cure for Maldivesitis :rotfl:
  • OrangeFairy
    OrangeFairy Posts: 2,630 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning!! GGGRRR at going back to work. I don't work tuesdays so i am not back until tomorrow! It has gone really fast!!

I am not on a particular diet. Just cutting down really. Smaller portions and healthier snacks. Also trying to cut down especially on bread and potatoes as i eat a lot of them. I'm still eating these but not quite as much!

Also i am avoiding cheese! Tring very hard. Though OH made a picnic yesterday for us and when we got out there he had done cheese! So i enjoyed a lovely cheese sandwich without the guilt that it was my willpowers fault! :A

I hope your back starts to feel better soon. :(x
    Orange Fairy
    House Purchased April 19 :) CC1=? CC2=? DH CC= Mortgage Overpay = £0 Savings = £0 Xmas savings = £0 Weightloss = 0 lb

• LittleMoog
    Options
    Well I've managed to stretch out my back, no pain anymore :) and I beat my time for the timetrial - 51mins 13 secs! Not quite sub-50 mins, maybe next month :)

Am now scoffing my lunch very quickly, that's the only problem with running at lunchtime, I end up taking a 2 hour lunchbreak, so have to stay later on running days to make up the time. Luckily loads of people in my building are runners, so as long as I have it in my calendar no one minds.

Off to catch up with diaries before heading back to the lab ;)
  • jtr2803
    Options
    Well I've managed to stretch out my back, no pain anymore :) and I beat my time for the timetrial - 51mins 13 secs! Not quite sub-50 mins, maybe next month :)

Am now scoffing my lunch very quickly, that's the only problem with running at lunchtime, I end up taking a 2 hour lunchbreak, so have to stay later on running days to make up the time. Luckily loads of people in my building are runners, so as long as I have it in my calendar no one minds.

Off to catch up with diaries before heading back to the lab ;)

So pleased that the back pain has gone :j and that's a great time on the run, very very close to that 50 minute goal!

Spero Meliora
  • LittleMoog
    Options
    Very tired today, I always hate the week after the BH, it seems to go on forever, even though it's shorter!
    Struggled to sleep last night as DH had the fan on due to him overheating. I was cold! It's a bit of a constant battle between us, he's always too hot, when I'm just right, and vice versa. No idea how he's going to cope with the summer in our tiny flat. Even in the winter we only had one storage heater on, at the lowest setting, and had to open the windows whenever we used the oven! It's nice to be so well insulated in the winter, means our heating bills are pretty low, but it's like an oven in the flat whenever the temperature gets over about 20°C!

Nothing exciting to report on the debtbusting front, just waiting for cheque to clear so we can pay off the RBS card and start the balance transfers.

Had to buy flowers for step-MIL's birthday tomorrow, but went through quidco and got 10% off and 15% cashback, so will work out at about £26, so not too bad. Her birthday (and my uncle and niece who are 1st and 4th October) always sneak up on me. You know, "oh that's not until June, I've got loads of time to sort it out" and then when it is June, there's only 2 days left!

Still after DH birthday next week, no more family birthdays until the crazy TWELVE birthdays between September 4th and January 13th (and that's not including mine on Boxing Day!) Next year it'll be 13, as niece/nephew no 3 is due on 3rd October! The joys of a large family! :o Luckily my sisters and I do a Secret Santa to cut down on Christmas costs, and don't buy for each others husbands, or we'd all be bankrupt in January!

Better get back to work, I'm supposed to be drafting my three year development plan. Latest corporate bull-poo ;)
  • jtr2803
    Options
    Very tired today, I always hate the week after the BH, it seems to go on forever, even though it's shorter!
    Struggled to sleep last night as DH had the fan on due to him overheating. I was cold! It's a bit of a constant battle between us, he's always too hot, when I'm just right, and vice versa. No idea how he's going to cope with the summer in our tiny flat. Even in the winter we only had one storage heater on, at the lowest setting, and had to open the windows whenever we used the oven! It's nice to be so well insulated in the winter, means our heating bills are pretty low, but it's like an oven in the flat whenever the temperature gets over about 20°C!

Nothing exciting to report on the debtbusting front, just waiting for cheque to clear so we can pay off the RBS card and start the balance transfers.

Had to buy flowers for step-MIL's birthday tomorrow, but went through quidco and got 10% off and 15% cashback, so will work out at about £26, so not too bad. Her birthday (and my uncle and niece who are 1st and 4th October) always sneak up on me. You know, "oh that's not until June, I've got loads of time to sort it out" and then when it is June, there's only 2 days left!

Still after DH birthday next week, no more family birthdays until the crazy TWELVE birthdays between September 4th and January 13th (and that's not including mine on Boxing Day!) Next year it'll be 13, as niece/nephew no 3 is due on 3rd October! The joys of a large family! :o Luckily my sisters and I do a Secret Santa to cut down on Christmas costs, and don't buy for each others husbands, or we'd all be bankrupt in January!

Better get back to work, I'm supposed to be drafting my three year development plan. Latest corporate bull-poo ;)

That's a hell of a lot of birthdays in a short space of time! I have 4 in four months and I thought that was bad enough!

We have the opposite problem with our flat but that might be because we are at the end of the building so only have one neighbour. During the winter it got really cold in our bedroom and we try not to have the heater on much because the storage heaters cost so much, mind you at the moment we have all the windows open because it has gotten so warm. Never satisfied!!

A 3 year development plan?! Blimey, I dont think I have had an appraisal for well over a year, we are far too laid back about such things :D

Spero Meliora
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business