🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The debt free journey of an easily distracted Moog

Options

Comments

• Choc-addict
    Choc-addict Posts: 1,894 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Jules!

Just wanted to say hello after reading your diary! You sound so like me at the moment, i'm running - training for Great South Run in October! Well done on the 4 miles :T We're just in process of buying our first home (SO EXCITED!) hoping to complete in Aug, I live about 45 mins from home town of friends and family, it's not so bad and i've made lots of new friends through OH's mates and so on where I am now. Strangely enough OH and I were talking about little ones yesterday and we said towards then end of next year, to start trying that is....i'm very excited but as you can see I have a LOT of debt to tackle before then....hard work starts now :eek: We're really lucky in that OH has no debts and was able to get a mortgage in his own name therefore my debt/bad credit didn't affect us...although had to move buy about 20 mins from where we live now as like you guys would only be able to afford a 1 bed flat and we are now buying a nice 2 bed house with little conservatory....bliss :) It's still fairly rural so we're happy and it's a start.

Anyhow, enough of my wafflings :o Have subscribed so will pop back again soonxx
  • LittleMoog
    LittleMoog Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Jules!

Just wanted to say hello after reading your diary! You sound so like me at the moment, i'm running - training for Great South Run in October! Well done on the 4 miles :T We're just in process of buying our first home (SO EXCITED!) hoping to complete in Aug, I live about 45 mins from home town of friends and family, it's not so bad and i've made lots of new friends through OH's mates and so on where I am now. Strangely enough OH and I were talking about little ones yesterday and we said towards then end of next year, to start trying that is....i'm very excited but as you can see I have a LOT of debt to tackle before then....hard work starts now :eek: We're really lucky in that OH has no debts and was able to get a mortgage in his own name therefore my debt/bad credit didn't affect us...although had to move buy about 20 mins from where we live now as like you guys would only be able to afford a 1 bed flat and we are now buying a nice 2 bed house with little conservatory....bliss :) It's still fairly rural so we're happy and it's a start.

Anyhow, enough of my wafflings :o Have subscribed so will pop back again soonxx

Hiya,
    Thanks for popping in :wave:
    Wow the Great South Run, is that a 10K or a half marathon? My husband's younger brother did the Great Manchester Run (10k) a few weeks ago, didn't really do any training, and finished in under an hour. Git! I keep having crazy thoughts about doing a half marathon next year, but I think I'll need to do serious serious improving before then! Will wait and see how I get on with my 5 mile and 10k races this year I think!

I was just reading Jody's thread and thinking how weird that so many of us are at the same stage!
    Little monkey born November 2012:j
    Froglet due March 2016 :D
  • LittleMoog
    Options
    Just back from family bbq, lovely time had by all. no actual bbqing though, due to the revolting weather :( still we had sausages, burgers, kebabs and salad, so it felt summery. As suspected sister no 2 stole all the cuddle time with niece no 2, so will have to arrange to meet up with sister no 4 to get lovely baby cuddles on another occasion! Spent lots of time playing with niece no 1, so don't mind too much really! :D Think my sibling notation system might confuse me before too long though. ;)

Off to bed shortly, going to try and get out for a run first thing and try out my new shoes. *does a little paolo nutini dance*
    Also on my list for tomorrow:
    1) tidy up the flat, it's a tip!
    2) sort through boxes containing 2 years worth of unfiled paperwork. :eek:
    3) sort the bookshelves and make a list of unread books.

That should keep me busy for a while!

Short run done: http://rnkpr.com/a67tm0
    Loving my new trainers, they're so comfy and light. No numb toes today :)
    It's really hot out, typical after yesterday's BBQ weather, so only did a mile. Also I didn't want to do too long a distance as I'm racing on Tuesday lunchtime and I really want to beat my time from last month!
    Have finally got round to mapping out some 3/4 mile routes on runfinder though, so hopefully will manage to start running at the weekends. It's so much easier for me to run at work, as there's no need to consider the route once you've decided how far to go, as there are set 3/4/5 mile routes.

Plan for this afternoon:
    1) lunch, I'm starving!
    2) paperwork mountain :eek:

think the housework and bookshelves will have to wait until tomorrow, thank goodness for long weekends :p
  • Choc-addict
    Options
    Glad you liked the new running shoes! I'm starting to think about getting a new pair and settling into them for the race at end of Oct....hmmmm decisions decision.

Good luck with sorting the paperwork, i've loads of that to do too but it can wait for now.

Great South Run is 10 miles :eek: I've done it before twice now but not with a lot of training (thankfully OH and I do a lot of walking!!!) so this year I intend on training better for it and hopefully it'll be easier this time round.
  • jtr2803
    jtr2803 Posts: 3,232 Forumite
    Options

I was just reading Jody's thread and thinking how weird that so many of us are at the same stage!

I think we are all quite similar in age as well - might explain it :)

I am glad the BBQ was good, sounds like lots of cuddles were going on :T. The trainers also sounds like they are going to be a great investment, can't tell you how envious I am of you girls running. It's something I would really like to be able to do but I am SO unfit that I don't really know where to start and I know I would do about 50m then want to keel over :(. Maybe once I have the debt busting well under way I will make an effort to lose some weight and then start trainging :cool:

Hope the paperwork filing doesn't cause too much grief, I did mine 2 weeks ago and it took hourssssssssss :o

Very happily married on 10th April 2013 :D
    Spero Meliora
    Trying to find a cure for Maldivesitis :rotfl:
  • LittleMoog
    Options
    Three and a half hours later and we've demolished paperwork mountain. All filed and sorted: 2 binliners of recycling, one plastic crate of shedding and 4 lever arch files of paperwork!
    I'm knackered!
  • jtr2803
    jtr2803 Posts: 3,232 Forumite
    Options
    That sounds like quite a feat! Are you allowing yourself tomorrow to relax? :)

Very happily married on 10th April 2013 :D
    Spero Meliora
    Trying to find a cure for Maldivesitis :rotfl:
  • Mrs_Jojo
    Mrs_Jojo Posts: 169 Forumite
    Options
    Well done you, much easier to manage life when it is all filed neatly!
    Aiming to be debt & mortgage free by November 2018!
  • Choc-addict
    Options
    Blimey! Well done you, bet you feel better for doing it :)
  • LittleMoog
    Options
    Been chilling out tonight, homemade pizzas, wine and the new terry pratchett adaptation on sky :)
    Still need to do a bit of housework tomorrow, but shouldn't take too long as we've only got 3 rooms ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills