Freecle / freecycle and balloons on sticks

Options

Comments

• Oliver14
    Oliver14 Posts: 5,878 Forumite
    Options
    Wei-Huang wrote: »
    I'm well aware of this, that's why people should give to NO-KILL shelters, of which there are plenty, and I am a trustee of one.
    Yes but these no kill shelters cannot handle the numbers which is why so many go to shelters that have policies of putting animals down
    I'm wearing no rose-tinted glasses, it is you who is, ignoring how many animals fall into the wrong hands because of free to good home ads.

I've already explained to you the problem. Free to good home does not ensure a CERTIFIED home check, or a legally binding contract where the animal can be taken back if abused. Free to good home does not provide spay/neuter services before rehoming so you will have idiots using free animals for breeding. Free to good home is not going to have legal access to a banned from having animals register. Free to good home is not going to have the opportunity to provide inoculations.
    Just because a check is so called certified does not mean its any good. As I said I have worked in charities that have had these sol called checks and seen the mistakes to animal welfare. Home checks do not insure good owners. Anyone can tidt their house and make it look perfect for a home check.
    anyone who wants to get in contact with the new carers for their animal can easily ask the sanctuary to forward them the details. Not so hard. A few successful homes does not make up for the blatant disregard for the danger that free to good homes puts animals in. Countless animals have ended up abused and killed because they were so easily gotten.
    Countless animals have also got abused when they have been rehomed by these charities. I'm confused why you assume just because its so called official it always means its perfect. In the real world its not that easy. So many animal charities cannot handle the numbers coming in so more get put down
    So I'll get off my so called high horse when you and others stop defending the blatant wrong doing of this so called animal loving nation.
    The problem you seem to have is this ultimate faith in these charities. you seem to be supporting the putting down of perfectly healthy animals because they have gone to a shelter. luckily most people aren'y as blinkered as you and realise there are many ways to safely and successfully rehome animals. In a perfect world there would be lots of spaces in No kill shelters but in the real world (where I and meany others live) there are very few places. Most No Kill shelters end up full very quickly.
    'The More I know about people the Better I like my Dog'
    Samuel Clemens
  • Oliver14
    Oliver14 Posts: 5,878 Forumite
    Options
    Back on topic
    Hi
    I was wondering if anyone has the following, can collectXXXXXXX

jodhpurs age 9-10
    boots size 1 riding and muckers
    indoor and outdoor jackets age 9-10
    anything else considered

I'm amazed they didnt ask for the Horse as well.
    'The More I know about people the Better I like my Dog'
    Samuel Clemens
  • warehouse
    warehouse Posts: 3,362 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    This in ours today:

hi everyone,
    we have an aupair coming over shortly and are in need of an adult bicyle for her
    to get out and about.

If anyone has a spare one (if it needs work, no problem at all, we can fix it!),
    would be much appreciated....

Can collect at your convenience.

Am I the only one who replies to some of these people asking if they are for real?
    Pants
  • chickywiggle
    chickywiggle Posts: 5,203 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Hi,
    If anybody has an air fryer which is not necessary anymore, but in working condition, I am happy to collect it from any place in xxxx.
    Thank you.

i thought they meant hair dryer.....till i googled it....hmm only £200 i'm sure he'll get lots of replies.
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • EssexGirl
    EssexGirl Posts: 977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi, i am in real need of a dishwasher and a fridge if anyone can help i would be most grateful.

kind regards

thanks in advance

carla x

I have a spare pair of Asda smartprice rubber gloves...... :rotfl:
  • somethingsgottogive
    Options
    I do understand that the topic of animals on Freecycle is worthy of discussion, but it can get a little heated for what is essentially a lighthearted thread. Maybe you should open a new thread, as I'm sure there are a lot of people who don't read this thread but would be interested in the discussion? :)

In other news, this made me chuckle!

'Old bricks. These would probably be best for building up garden areas as I'm digging out an old garage foundation from the garden. They could be cleaned down, but obviously a fair bit of work. (although some are quite decent)
    I've also bagged up the broken ones which could be used for rubble/cementing work.
    Will have more coming up over the coming weeks.

Can help moving them to your car/van/trailer.

Old Trafford.

Regarding collection. It seems to be beyond some people how to organize themselves. I do not ring mobiles. I do not need to speak to you several times. What happens is you email saying "yes I'd like & I can collect at XXX time on XXX day. If that's ok with me (I'm pretty flexible with work so it probably will be) I email you back saying ok, or no, and arrange a different time. Then you stick to it, turn up & collect. It's quite simple. I don't need to know about your neighbour's dog who is on the roof, or a distant cousin who's arriving from Bolivia, or even that you simply must get your nails done before you can collect. That's your life & I wish you all the best with it, but honestly & don't take this the wrong way, I don't really care. Having said all that I'm quite a nice bloke who is more than willing to facilitate your busy life & lift whatever needs lifting to your car.

Have a lovely day'
    Paying off CC in 2011 £2100/£1692
    Jan NSD 19/20 Feb NSD11/15March/April ? May 0/15
    Sealed pot 1164 it's a surprise!
  • pleasedelete
    pleasedelete Posts: 2,286 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think the au pair bike is a perfectly reasonable request. All they requesting is for is a broken bike to do up.

Au pairs are paid low wages, people who have them are often not rich, it's much cheaper than a nanny or childminder (and lots of remote places don't have these) , they usually study at the same time and as a family you often get the experience of someone who speaks language.
    June challenge £100 a day £3161.63 plus £350 vouchers plus £108.37 food/shopping saving

July challenge £50 a day. £ 1682.50/1550

October challenge £100 a day. £385/£3100
  • iieee
    iieee Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    Options
    This one tickled me...just the thought of pushy grandmother going on and on to her son/daughter about how "today's prams aren't good enough". Might be just me though.:o
    WANTED Silver cross Parade or Carnival Pushchair from the 1970's

If you have one of these pushchairs lurking in your loft or attic I would love to have it or borrow it for my grandaughter as I hate the new pushchairs that you have to have a plastic rain cover for. I can collect
    :www: :: MFi3 ::
    Original mortgage free date ~ January 2030 :sad:
    Current mortgage free date ~ July 2028
    :tongue:
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Again, in English perhaps?
    hi all just wondering if eney one can halp please my sisters son is after a minimotow to play on thay have got a big back garden it is there own land not spere land he is mad a bout bikes we have all the safty gear so he will be safe i can collect from most areas i live in the *** area thanks verry much for looking looking
  • suited-aces
    suited-aces Posts: 1,938 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Again, in English perhaps?
    Give me a very expensive and elaborate toy for free

There you go
    I'm not bad at golf, I just get better value for money when I take more shots!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure