Warning about Fires Galore.

Options

Comments

• Salopian0784
    Options
    All the previous posts would have been helpful if only I had seen them before ordering from FiresGalore! It's now September and it seems like I'm in the same boat as earlier posters from April and May. Despite all the activity here, the situation seems to remain unchanged. Is there anyone out there who can clearly state the current legal position of Fires Galore - who owns it (same people as before?) and what can I do to get my money back as it seems the scam is continuing despite referrals to Trading Standards, Consumer Direct etc (I paid by MasterCard after liquidation date). Has anyone tried 'Watchdog'?
  • s_b
    s_b Posts: 4,463 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    the listed shop is in huddersfield which is an 01484 code
    why would they have an 01924 code i wonder
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Neil, you've done the right thing in initiating the visa chargeback. You could contact your local trading standards department or Consumer Direct, although they all seem pretty toothless.
  • andynmaz
    Options
    Neil - YOUR NOT on your OWN.
    Your story is ours to a 'T'
    I places an order for a fire last week £600 and the rest of the story - might as well be that of yours!
    Automated e-mail, 7-10 days delivery, No Fire, No answer from Phone or E-mail - SCAMMERS! BEWARE!
    I have contacted SAGE pay who confirmed they were in liquidation last year but were brought out . . and as far as they are concerned - fully functional! THEY ARE SURE NOT!
    I now want to bring some sort of justice - so have reported it to police and now to trading standards! HOW DARE THEY!
    Processing refund from MASTERCARD - BUT HOW DARE THEY!!!!
    PLEASE SOMEONE PUT A STOP TO THEM!!!
  • oldfoolsclub
    Options
    Same story unfortunately I didn't do any searches until I got no answer from their "SALES HOTLINE"01924 423296 and found this forum with a long long history of fraud. I paid by Mastercard so will hopefully be reimbursed. Does anyone know of a gas fire supplier you can trust?
    THIS FIRM MUST BE STOPPED<BUT HOW???
  • trixiegirl
    Options
    Same thing has happened to me, initially tried sales line to speak to someone but kept getting voicemail as they were very busy! and if I wanted to place an order to do so online which i did. After 14 days left messages and e-mailed with no response. Have paid with mastercard but does anyone know if they will refund as payment was processed through sagepay.
  • faysweeney
    Options
    I ordered a fire back in June for my parents. On one occasion I managed to speak to someone and was advised they were receiving the fire 18th July and would despatch same day!!!!. Not received any fire. I can't believe they are able to still take orders via the internet presumably laughing all the way to the bank.
  • verian
    verian Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    I wish I had not found this forum as now I am getting worried, on the 20th July 2011 I ordered a fire from Fires Galore despite E mails asking for a delivery date and constant telephone calls today there has been no reply, it is possible that I have joined the many that have been conned, I paid by Visa debit though Sage pay, what are my chances of a refund as a disabled pensioner I cannot afford to lose this money as I will have to purchase another fire from someone else.
    Ian
  • Fliberdygibbet
    Options
    Just to say I ordered a fire from Fires Galore early July. I was informed by email that it would arrive within 7 - 10 working days. After this period had passed, I telephoned and managed to speak to someone who gave me a ridiculous story about the manufacturers all being sold out despite it being summer. He said the fire would be delivered week commencing 18th July. Of course it did not arrive. I sent emails and phoned constantly, leaving a number of voicemail messages. No reply received to any of my communication. Eventually, I was forced to contact my bank and initiate the Visa Chargeback system. This worked fine and I have the money back in my account now without any hesitation from my bank (LLoyds TSB). I have now ordered from another company - it's £90 more expensive but worth it if I get the fire!!

I noticed they have taken the telephone number down from their website now. And many of the prices for fires have been removed too, with only "call us now for best price" put against my fire whereas previously it had a price against it.

I would hate to think what would happen if I hadn't had visa Chargeback protection. So I would not recommend you trade with this organisation.

Ian, in response to your query, VIsa Chargeback is there for you if you order and pay for goods which are not delivered. Contact your bank and they should help you and get your money back for you, as mine did.

Wish I had bothered to check this site before I ordered!!
  • verian
    Options
    I informed Sagepay of my failure to contact Fires Galore and received an Email back stating that they have stopped taking payments for Fires Galore from the 29/07/2011 also that they have informed their merchant bank which granted them the ability to trade online. So hopefully this is the last we see of these cheats and rogues. thank you for this forum and the help i got.
    Ian :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport