Kleeneeze or Betterware?

Options

Comments

• geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Peter_Pan wrote: »
    From what i can see its the education arm of the Company that is having a challenging time.

You need to look harder.

However, when the recession arrived, Findel was hit by a tide of falling sales and bad debts, while owing bank debt of £344.7m. Findel decided to focus on its core home shopping and education supplies arms, while making savings and offloading non-core businesses.

Last year it closed its mail order brands Cotswold Company and Letterbox to cut debt, but about a month later announced a profits warning, sending shares plummeting.

The accounting error in the eduction arm of the company has added £5M to the total debt of the company.

Not a lot in grand scheme of things, is it?
  • thehog
    thehog Posts: 105 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    andye32 wrote: »
    cmon stopping kidding us, you aint working your socks off are ya?
    If your putting in orders for less than £100 then you aint working very hard. You should be making 10% just off your own retail not combined with the team. If you earn £50 from kleeneze in a month you must be putting 5 catalogues out in a week. :naughty:

Are you really being the best that you can be??

Er, can you read? I have a FULL TIME JOB and I do Kleeneze in my SPARE TIME. I am out Saturday and Sunday delivering and collecting catalogues and delivering goods. When I get home of an evening, once the little one is in bed and I've had a quick bite to eat I'm out again collecting and delivering catalogues. When I'm not out working I'm at conferences or BOMs trying to improve my business. How dare you make such patronising assumptions about me, with your silly pointy finger.
  • thehog
    Options
    Come on, answer the question

Are you saying you can earn £50 just from putting out 5 catalogues a week?

I wish!! Lots of distributors in our area, one of whom has been doing it for many many years, most people are lovely and are kind enough to tell me they buy from him.
  • Noname29
    Noname29 Posts: 68 Forumite
    Options
    can anyone join in ?
    We joined Kleeneze 10 years ago and are still doing some retailing.
    Why have we not built a huge team ? We obviously haven't worked hard enough ?
    Or so we kept being told by uplines !!!
    Andy, you have been brainwashed, you will see the light in a few months, or years depending on how long you stick with it.
    And then it will be your fault for not working hard enough.

The Distributors sell the vision, basically so they dont have to put out catalogues.
    Kleeneze is in a mess. they tried germany and Holland and failed.
    They were propped up by farepack.
    The education side has failed.
    87 years and a profit every year ?, check your facts , please before you post. And in particular check last year .
    10,000 distributors at the moment but 100,000 have been in and out obver the last 10 years.
    The people at the top remain there, the people doing the work at the bottom and generating the sales are different people all the time. 80% of sales are generated by people who have been in for less than 18 months. Ask CMP if you dont believe me.
    How many people that have joined in the last 5 years are now earning more than say £3k per month ? and are not related to existing high earners in the company ?
  • thehog
    Options
    I totally agree NoName29, as I said earlier, if it wasn't for my lovely customer base I'd have jacked it in ages ago. Andy does talk like he's at a BOM - I'm glad it's working for him, but the area I live in is saturated with distributors. I started my business last July and have around 130 customers, of whom around 50 order each month. I started at just the right time - many are now starting up and giving up as there are too many distributors around here.
  • JennyJewell
    JennyJewell Posts: 1,574 Forumite
    edited 18 June 2010 at 11:15PM
    Options
    Hi :)
    As I stated earlier I loved Kleeneze when I was doing it - however it started spoiling when there was a lot of pressure from above and the other thing that really started to bug me is that when you were doing well everyone loved you but when you were struggling you suddenly became an outsider which was a bit playground for me :(
    Team work to me means praising your people when they are doing well and getting down in the trenches with them and helping them out of it when they are struggling, (nobody is perfect - it happens to the best of us and every day life and it's varying situations do occur).
    In any business it shouldn't be the sole existing thing in your life either - there are other things to enjoy such as your children! When I became heavily involved in Kleeneze I turned round one day and realised that my kids had suddenly grown up! I did it for the right reasons at the time but no business should rule your life over anything else.
    It's great to make money but much more rewarding to watch your children grow up :) After all time is non-returnable.
    Please don't get me wrong - any business you are passionate about is rewarding both financially and personally but I would advise anyone to keep your life balanced :)
    Good luck in all your ventures everyone :)
    Jen :)
    Everything happens for a reason :)
  • Slatts
    Slatts Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Iv been unemployed since March and im claiming job seekers allowance. If i startup with betterware, do i pay tax and have to declare income?
    Is betterware classed as a full time JOB?
  • Noname29
    Noname29 Posts: 68 Forumite
    Options
    Do you get paid per hour for the work you do ?
    No, you don't with either B/ware or Kleeneze.
    Therefore you are self employed on a commission only basis.
    Is it a full time job ?
    No , you are self employed so however many hours you choose to work is up to you.
    Keep a record of your earnings and the number of hours you work, and then you can work out your average hourly earnings.
    You will have to tell the revenue.
  • thehog
    Options
    In any business it shouldn't be the sole existing thing in your life either - there are other things to enjoy such as your children! When I became heavily involved in Kleeneze I turned round one day and realised that my kids had suddenly grown up! I did it for the right reasons at the time but no business should rule your life over anything else.
    It's great to make money but much more rewarding to watch your children grow up :) After all time is non-returnable.
    Jen :)

But that's what bugs me most of all - the Kleeneze dream stating that working from home means you spend more time with your kids and don't miss anything. You have proved that this isn't right and I am finding it out for myself. :(
  • JennyJewell
    JennyJewell Posts: 1,574 Forumite
    Options
    Hi thehog :)
    It was great in the sense that I was there for both my children if either of them were ill and especially as my youngest was a baby in a pushchair at the time so it did have it's advantages - if they needed anything it was me who was there for them and not a stranger,ie, nannies or childminders but as time went on I realised that they were growing up right before my eyes and I didn't have the time I thought with them. It can work but I would suggest to anyone to write down your hours you intend to work as well as leisure time with family and stick to it no matter what the temptation, after all if you are working a 9-5 job you would stick to them :)
    Jen x
    Everything happens for a reason :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family