We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
MSE Parents Club Part 12
Comments
-
-
Kindof, I'd wake him for a bit, but would always get a very sleepy baby checked out too.Too many children, too little time!!!
0 -
Kindof, wake him and if he doesn't take anything, call NHS direct/24. He may be coming down with something?0
-
There are mostly unconfirmed links but it makes sense really with the neurone wosits and stuff, totally can't get my brain going today!
My DD has it, I'm certain of it but the school keep saying the tests are inconclusive. Her problem is her gross motor skills are pretty good its all the other bits that go along with it she has.
Her birth was truamatic as I had eclampsia.
When DD1 was in infant school (and it's a damn good infant school too) I kept asking for her to be tested because she was showing so many signs, and they went 'well, she's left handed that's why she finds writing hard' 'well yes she is clumsy but she's very tall and gangly'
Now she's gone to Junior school, and their SEN lady who's been at the school for years and taught myself and my brother asked me whether she had been assessed, then she sorted out the referral I'd been asking for for 3 years
We have an appointment at the hospital OT for her on the 10th of June to be further assessed and get a diagnosis, but the hypermobility etc and everything else led the community paediatrician to say she probably is dyspraxic.Mum of several with a twisted sense of humour and a laundry obsession
:o
0 -
Jack had one day when he just slept all day and I mean all day - he literally woke up for feeds and then went straight back to sleep. No idea why but if you are worried then try to wake him up.
Jack whacked his head when I was getting him ready for bed so now I'm mega worried and keep checking on him
A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea
Where does the time go? :think:0 -
Can't say it ever happened so young but Alice did have odd phasesof seeming to hardly feed. Never had random extra sleep though.kindofagilr wrote: »I am having a weird day with Elliot
He was awake at 4.40am and had 6oz then went back to bed, I write down every day what he is eating and when so I can just see if he is having more every day
Well I start his day in the book from 8.00am for every day, so at:
8.00am he had 3oz
2.00pm he had 2oz
He has had NOTHING since then!! Ive tried to give him milk when he woke at 4pm and nothing, he is still asleep in his pram now!
...
Should I wake him and try and feed him? Cos it takes a while to settle him after feeds etc and I go to bed at 9.00-9.30
I mean I am not concerned as he seems totally fine (just sleepy and not hungry) even played on his mat a lot longer than he normall does
Has anyone else come across this with thier babies?Any question, comment or opinion is not intended to be criticism of anyone else.2 Samuel 12:23 Romans 8:28 Psalm 30:5
"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die"0 -
Hi all, just on page 59 trying to catch up!! Hope ur all good!!
Well today I tried Toby on an ellas kitchen pouch for lunch mixed with baby rice, as someone said to me its worth knowing if they like them incase I need to use them quick one day, as usually just use my own purees. Well he ate it very well so pleased with that, as it does seem easier if I am out and about. Just read some bits about BLW on here. At 5 and half months, and having just fed T purees so far, could I start doing a combination of spoon feeding and BLW? Would it just be a case of putting finger foods on his tray as well before I feed him the puree, or would this not work? Sorry if this is obvious!!
xxBaby Toby born 17th Nov 09 :j0 -
Is anyone else finding themselves welling up at the new John Lewis ad?
Especially at the bit where a baby crawls into a play tunnel and when she comes out the other end she's about 3? I'm welling up just thinking about it.
This is not like me at all (No I am not pregnant OH is only home Fri Sat Sun nights and we are both so knackered by then that we are just sleeping)MFW Start Sep 07 £79484, Now £587740 -
Aww Glam, hope he's ok! XXXToo many children, too little time!!!
0 -
When DD1 was in infant school (and it's a damn good infant school too) I kept asking for her to be tested because she was showing so many signs, and they went 'well, she's left handed that's why she finds writing hard' 'well yes she is clumsy but she's very tall and gangly'
Now she's gone to Junior school, and their SEN lady who's been at the school for years and taught myself and my brother asked me whether she had been assessed, then she sorted out the referral I'd been asking for for 3 years
We have an appointment at the hospital OT for her on the 10th of June to be further assessed and get a diagnosis, but the hypermobility etc and everything else led the community paediatrician to say she probably is dyspraxic.
My DD is 14 this year and I've known from she was 3yrs that something wasn't quite right. Been fobbed off so many times by 2 primary schools and the secondary. The problem is she is quite good academically so they are not interested enough to invest any time in her.
However since she started at Academy the !!!!!! has hit the fan and its apparent she can't cope with whats its expected of her. eg has no personal organisational skills, no sense of time or appropriate behaviour for a situation etc.
I'm at the school tomorrow as she is on the verge of permanent exclusion and they still fob me off.
I'm meeting the HOY and the Deputy head and the SEN. I want retests and copies of all the apparent 'inconclusive' tests they have.
I'm aware that reads like I'm trying to excuse her bad behaviour but its not like that.
They are trying to apply normal people logic to her and she doesn't possess normal people logic.
Its like telling a blind child to try harder to see.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards