We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 12

1…127128130132133…1488

Comments

  • Nicki
    Nicki Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    jillie1974 wrote: »
    what foods do people who are BLW give at the this age (7 months).

    Edward is only just 7 months (a few days ago!) and though it is very early days for us with BLW, I have just given him exactly what everyone else is eating. So he's had cereal or toast at breakfast time, for lunch he's had part of a jacket potato with tuna, the curry yesterday and today some grilled salmon and bread. For tea he's had sausages, mash and baked beans, salmon (again!) with new potatoes, beef casserole with rice and grilled chicken with pasta. For snacks he's had toast, rice cakes, fruit, rusks
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    csh - I love Keiren's day. Maybe you could add what he likes you to do when he gets upset or what his favourite toys are atm too? When I wrote 'Introducing Benjamin John' for the CM I tried to include everything I could.

    If anyone wants to see a copy of my introduction for the CM just give me a shout...

    One of the most important things for us was that we didn't know if he did something momentus like walking or talking with the CM...we are still happily convinced that he did both for us first :D

    I don't want to put too much in it cos its for family IYKWIM? They know him already so its more of an outline. Don't want to offend them and have them thinking that I think they know nothing about him? Am I waffling yet?!

    Shes only have him 1 day a week and maybe not every week. OH will have him the other two. They won't tell me if he crawls or walks!
  • kindofagilr
    kindofagilr Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Kindof - Benjamin was born on 14 March and I left him overnight on 4th June. My mum looked after him in my house whilst hubby and I went to a charity event.

    Horses for courses. I would personally go mad if I never had a chance to escape LOL. I also think it does babba good to be in someone elses care for a while.

    And grandparents deserve dedicated babba time imho ;-)

    Thats how I feel, I need a break lol

    And mam can't wait to watch him
    Debt £30,823.48/£44,856.56 ~ 06/02/21 - 31.28% Paid Off
    Mortgage (01/04/09 - 01/07/39)
    £79,515.99/£104,409.00 (as of 05/02/21) ~ 23.84% Paid Off

    Lloyds (M) - £1196.93/£1296.93 ~ Next - £2653.79/£2700.46 ~ Mobile - £296.70/£323.78
    HSBC (H) -£5079.08/£5281.12 ~ HSBC (M) - £4512.19/£4714.23
    Barclays (H) - £4427.32/£4629.36 ~ Barclays (M) - £4013.78/£4215.82
    Halifax (H) - £4930.04/£5132.12 ~ Halifax (M) - £3708.65/£3911.20

    Asda Savings - £0

    POAMAYC 2021 #87 £1290.07 ~ 2020/£3669.48 ~ 2019/£10,615.18 ~ 2018/£13,912.57 ~ 2017/£10,380.18 ~ 2016/£7454.80

    ~ Emergency Savings: £0

    My Debt Free Diary (Link)
  • My_Fathers_Daughter
    My_Fathers_Daughter Posts: 8,691 Forumite
    edited 28 April 2010 at 9:26PM
    jillie - try not to stress hun, he won't starve himself - babies aren't that clever, they are creatures of instinct.

    At 7 months there is practically nothing he can't have. Anything you can make into chip shapes will be fine. Cooked veg - carrots, potatoes, green beans, parsnip, florets of broccoli and cauliflower, anything you can think of. Pitta and hummous is good, as is toast, breadsticks, sandwiches cut into soldiers (ham, jam, soft cheese).

    The rules are basically give them chip shaped things and as for smaller stuff - when they can pick it up they can eat it (the body develops so they can pick things up and cope with eating them at the same time).

    Crumpets, pancakes, muffins, teacakes are all good too! :D



    Edit - the only things he 'can't' have that I can remember is honey and runny eggs....and I think I might be making the runny eggs one up LOL
    r.mac wrote: »
    please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D
    Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14oz
    A new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 2012
  • Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Would it just be a case of putting finger foods on his tray as well before I feed him the puree, or would this not work? Sorry if this is obvious!!

    xx
    Yep, that's pretty much it... keep it low key, let him play with the food... Any that goes down is a bonus. :)

    While we're talking about babysitting... My Mum's having the girls while we go to the gymnastics, I mentioned the possibility of us going for something to eat afterwards (hubby's desperate to go for sushi!) and you would have thought I was on about stopping out all night! Honestly... My sister dumps her kids at 5pm one night and picks them up the same time the next day... I'm dropping my girls off at 2pm and am expected to be back to fetch them at 6:mad:... It's not like she's always babysitting either... Apart from 1 free trip to the cinema a few weeks ago, I think the last time we went out was when we went to see Michael McIntyre!
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

  • aless02
    aless02 Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    ladybird - nooooooo, you can't quit Farmville, you're my best neighbor! LOL...:rotfl:
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

    would like to win a holiday, please!!
    :xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j
  • Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Oh Sami, I used to know someone who travelled all the way from Ayre to Mary Cronk in Chichester on the night train, in labour with a breech baby!! Her own consultant had refused to let her try and deliver naturally and told her the only option was an elective caesarian, or an emergency CS once in labour...
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

  • csh wrote: »
    An Average Day in The Life Of Me.
    By Kieren Xxxxx Xxxxx

     Lunch time is usually between 1-2pm depending on nap time.

     

    I love it!!!
    jillie1974 wrote: »

    what foods do people who are BLW give at the this age (7 months).

    As everyone else has said, you can give him some of whatever you are having to try. Other than steamed vegtables (so they are soft enough to gum) are good, bananas, chunks of cheese, mini sausages, bread with cashew nut butter, hummus, marmite (but it is salty, so maybe not for every day), or maybe even with some of your purees spread on if you have some made up that you can't get him to eat? When he gets a bit bigger and can pick them up then rasins are good, frozen peas and sweetcorn (you can defrost them first ;) ), cheereos... anything teeny.
    aless02 wrote: »
    ladybird - nooooooo, you can't quit Farmville, you're my best neighbor! LOL...:rotfl:

    Sorry, not enough hours in the day ;) I'm sure you will manage without me!
    :heart:Isabella Molly born 14th January 2009:heart:
    New challenge for 2011 - saving up vouchers to pay for Chistmas!
    Amazon £48.61 Luncheon Vouchers £24
  • 3onitsway
    3onitsway Posts: 4,000 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    tiamai_d wrote: »
    Has anyone (mums of Autistic types) read The out of sync child?

    It's been recommended to me by another Hemi-mum after I asked about Christopher's reaction to loud noises (he has started walking around with his hands over her ears if there is anything 'loud', like the tv). But it looks a bit... airy fairy to me.

    It's been recommended to me but I thought it looked a bit arty-farty. :p
    But, reading on, you've bought it. I'd be interested to see what you think.
    J always has his hands over his ears, unless it's just him & me in the house.

    Is anyone else finding themselves welling up at the new John Lewis ad?

    Yes :o. I saw it for the first time last night, and was going to mention it but thought you'd all think I was strange.

    jillie1974 wrote: »
    what foods do people who are BLW give at the this age (7 months).
    (and fattybooboo)

    I didn't 'do' BLW as that also sounds arty-farty to me. But I did put a bit of whatever I was having on her tray to eat. If she ate it good, but she enjoyed playing with it too.
    I think the only things to worry about are honey & nuts at that age.

    Nicki wrote: »
    There was at one point some research into the link between traumatic births and autism, though not sure if this has been completed. They had noticed a correlation between forceps/ventouse deliveries and autism, and were hypothesising that perhaps the autism was operating even at that early stage to prevent the unborn child understanding the signals to get into the optimum position to come down the birth canal.

    My DD was a ventouse delivery, and was born looking off to one side, so if the theory is right, even in the womb she wasn't good at maintaining eye contact with anyone!

    OOh, that's interesting! I've actually wondered about that before. If J's birth was rubbish because he was already autistic and didn't know how to be born iykwim!
    :beer:
  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    I just put the wrong flippen length in my email for my bridesmaids dresses, tooooo tired!!!
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.