We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 12

1…130131133135136…1488

Comments

  • 3onitsway
    3onitsway Posts: 4,000 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    redmel1621 wrote: »
    Awww...when did V start walking? Is it full on walkies now:)

    Only yesterday - she suddenly decided to get up and walk!

    tiamai_d wrote: »
    And I'm not saying anything bad about BLW, I understand, and agree with it in principle, but I don't see that it is all that different from regular weaning, I mean, babies eat finger foods anyway. Just seems a bit too much like a fancy label and the new 'in' thing to do.

    Exactly! When J & L were babies, i'd put food on the highchair tray for them to pick up and eat. It was part of weaning before 'they' gave it a trendy new name!


    I'm so bored!
    OH is sat at the table doing his homework! :(
    :beer:
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,187 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    I've not seen that before and I thought it was lovely.
    jillie1974 wrote: »
    K has a patch of dry,rough skin on his torso any ideas on what it might be?? not sure what to put on it so have put a little baby lotion on tonight

    If it is just dry skin, then Johnsons baby cream is fabulous. It's in a white tube and costs about 90p.

    It's thick like expensive creams like Neutrogena. I get really dry hands and feet so I use it myself. I slap loads on before bed and wake up with lovely hands and feet :D

    Charlotte is three next week and I still haven't lost my pregnancy weight :o For those who don't know, I had the pregnancy from hell and developed SPD early on, polyhydramnious (way too much amniotic fluid) and very severe swelling in my legs. My ankles were the size of thighs and I had no movement in them and little movement in my knees, so I was almost imobile. Consequently I piled the weight on as I was just laying on the sofa comfort eating crap as I had so much to do, but couldn't actually move to do it!

    Anyway I had a leaflet through the door about a fitness boot camp and they have classes just down the road from me. I'm seriously thinking about going but a bit nervous too. Has anyone else been to anything like that and how did you find it?
    Here I go again on my own....
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    thanks again for the tips for his dry skin.

    BLW- just calling it that so you know what i'm kinda on about but i'm just going to put food on his highchair, ignore him and see what he does with it. lol!!
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • redmel1621
    redmel1621 Posts: 6,010 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    Yay V:D

    I wish I was talented and could sew!!! I really need to make a sofa cover to cover my horrible brown leather sofa in the 'other' room, but they cost a fortune and fabric is sooo much cheaper, but I wouldn't have a clue how to even start it??

    Hopefully we can get the hire car cleaned and back nice and early, if we can then we are off to Ikea, to do a mammoth spend... 2 or possibly 3 bookcases, cot and mattress, king size bed and mattress, chest of drawers...

    Oh in the lodge they had loads of Ikea stuff, even the highchair was the antilop!!!

    xx
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    3onitsway wrote: »
    Exactly! When J & L were babies, i'd put food on the highchair tray for them to pick up and eat. It was part of weaning before 'they' gave it a trendy new name!


    I'm so bored!
    OH is sat at the table doing his homework! :(

    They should re name it as 'No faffing about weaning' or 'just give the baby some of your grub, weaning' or 'if it can eat it, it can have it'.

    Lets go and sit in this 'old and stuck in our ways' corner. We have cake :rotfl:(but the babies aint getting any of it due to uhm... well they can't pick it up if we keep the plate above their heads!:rotfl:

    Anyway, before I go and upset someone... Paddling pool worked great today, I think I should have saved my cash on her fancy pants highchair :D
  • I have never done anything like that Becles but really admire those who do.

    I am thinking of joining the Weight Watchers class in the next village, I need to do something or I will end up mahoosive. It is quite depressing to know that I am significantly bigger now than I was when Benjamin was 3 months old. I was comfortably in pre-preg trousers (albeit baggy ones) 10 days after giving birth and I continued to lose the weight after...but those trousers are tight on me now :o
    r.mac wrote: »
    please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D
    Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14oz
    A new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 2012
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Becles, I lost my pregnancy weight very quick, then found it again and it had friends that wanted to come too :D

    I had SPD with Chris, could walk, but not much. Couldn't sit in a chair, couldn't get in and out the car without DH more or less lifting me, getting in and out of bed was hard, I came down stairs on my bum. Lucky I had him early I think. But I was fine with Amber. Thought I was getting it at about 16 weeks, but it turned out to be just normal pregnancy pain.
  • 3onitsway
    3onitsway Posts: 4,000 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    redmel1621 wrote: »
    I wish I was talented and could sew!!! I really need to make a sofa cover to cover my horrible brown leather sofa in the 'other' room, but they cost a fortune and fabric is sooo much cheaper, but I wouldn't have a clue how to even start it??

    Could you get a huge Ikea throw and tuck it in around the cushions so it looks like a cover?

    I have never done anything like that Becles but really admire those who do.

    Seconded. Becles is it one of those where you go and stay for a few days - like an evil army type camp? We could have an MSE wobbly mummys weekend away! :rotfl:

    I was thinking of going back to weightwatchers, i'm a gold member dontyaknow! But I think it's more wobblyness than overweightness. Maybe I should exercise - but I think my belly is beyond help. :(
    :beer:
  • tiamai_d wrote: »
    They should re name it as 'No faffing about weaning' or 'just give the baby some of your grub, weaning' or 'if it can eat it, it can have it'.

    Lets go and sit in this 'old and stuck in our ways' corner. We have cake :rotfl:(but the babies aint getting any of it due to uhm... well they can't pick it up if we keep the plate above their heads!:rotfl:

    Anyway, before I go and upset someone... Paddling pool worked great today, I think I should have saved my cash on her fancy pants highchair :D

    Or bought her an antilop! Mel - did Kai like it?
    r.mac wrote: »
    please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D
    Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14oz
    A new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 2012
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Right, a wee TMI question, in white...

    Since being ill with the diarrhoea, I've been having really bad period pains (af was teh week I got ill). I'm not constipated or anything and DH has had the snip, so anyone any ideas? My tummy hurts where my section scar is as well as the still numb bits too.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.