We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 12

1…123124126128129…1488

Comments

  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    I'm not using a parasol, I'm using this...http://www.silvercross.co.uk/our-range/accessories/buggy-sail/
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Mleh, I got it for under a fiver from Amazon, and if it is airy fairy, I can re sell it on ebay :D

    If nothing else, it will be interesting.

    Now, Chris is snoring on the couch, so much for him not being tired ha!
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    edited 28 April 2010 at 7:55PM
    delain wrote: »
    My DD1 is being tested for Dyspraxia (my brother had it and she's just like him) aand my little 2 have autistic tendencies so I'm happy to answer questions about either :rotfl:

    I didn't know it had been linked to traumatic births, DD1 was big and needed forceps after a long hard labour :(

    There are mostly unconfirmed links but it makes sense really with the neurone wosits and stuff, totally can't get my brain going today!
    My DD has it, I'm certain of it but the school keep saying the tests are inconclusive. Her problem is her gross motor skills are pretty good its all the other bits that go along with it she has.
    Her birth was truamatic as I had eclampsia.
  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Oh, I forgot to say, I test drove the BMW 3 Series Touring today, didn't like it.
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    For all you Hairy Bikers fans - Dave has put his house up for sale, I really want to view it just to see the fab kitchen :) but DD1 said Im not allowed

    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-28591400.html


    I bet there will be an open day you can sneak along to! The EA would be run ragged otherwise!
  • redmel1621
    redmel1621 Posts: 6,010 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    Evening all

    I'm back:) We all had a lovely time, the lodge was fab, the lakeside views were fab, the weather was fab, the hottub was fab, the champagne and choccies were....yep, fab:D

    We would definitely go back there again, although I am not really one for returning to the same place twice.

    Kai decided he would 100% walk whilst we were there, so no more grabbing onto stuff or walking from object to object he is a fully fledged toddler:eek:

    We went into York and visited the Jorvik viking centre and york minster which were both brill and had a nice walk around York too. The rest of the time we either stayed around the lodge/lake etc or took a little trip into the two local villages.

    The ONLY thing that wasn't fab...was the kids, especially Kai having temper tantrums, and not going to sleep for hours after I put him down EVERY NIGHT accompanied by plenty of screaming....I was not happy with his behaviour, although I know he was probably just weirded out being in a different place, but it did put a cloud over the whole holiday and I swear, if I trusted anyone to have him, I would have driven back and dumped him on them for the last couple of days:o

    He also had bad nappy rash (the bloody kind) and so was obviously in some discomfort with that...the older two were 'fairly' well behaved and loved collecting the Free Range eggs that were free of charge for as many as you want to collect. There were also ducks and horses to feed:)

    Anyway, hope everyone is well. Is there any fanatastic news that I have missed?

    Will try and check back in a bit as the curry has just arrived and I have only had a bacon on toast and a packet of crisps all day, so am absolutely starved!!!

    xx
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.
  • kindofagilr
    kindofagilr Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    I am having a weird day with Elliot

    He was awake at 4.40am and had 6oz then went back to bed, I write down every day what he is eating and when so I can just see if he is having more every day

    Well I start his day in the book from 8.00am for every day, so at:
    8.00am he had 3oz
    2.00pm he had 2oz

    He has had NOTHING since then!! Ive tried to give him milk when he woke at 4pm and nothing, he is still asleep in his pram now!

    I just dont get it, he usually eats every 3 hours sometimes sooner without fail, I mean he seems happy in himself

    He was awake from 8.00 till like 9.00 then slept on the way to the Drs, then was awake from 10.45-11.45 (till we got out of Drs) then he was awake again 2.00 - 5.00 and is still asleep now

    Should I wake him and try and feed him? Cos it takes a while to settle him after feeds etc and I go to bed at 9.00-9.30 :o

    I mean I am not concerned as he seems totally fine (just sleepy and not hungry) even played on his mat a lot longer than he normall does

    Has anyone else come across this with thier babies?
    Debt £30,823.48/£44,856.56 ~ 06/02/21 - 31.28% Paid Off
    Mortgage (01/04/09 - 01/07/39)
    £79,515.99/£104,409.00 (as of 05/02/21) ~ 23.84% Paid Off

    Lloyds (M) - £1196.93/£1296.93 ~ Next - £2653.79/£2700.46 ~ Mobile - £296.70/£323.78
    HSBC (H) -£5079.08/£5281.12 ~ HSBC (M) - £4512.19/£4714.23
    Barclays (H) - £4427.32/£4629.36 ~ Barclays (M) - £4013.78/£4215.82
    Halifax (H) - £4930.04/£5132.12 ~ Halifax (M) - £3708.65/£3911.20

    Asda Savings - £0

    POAMAYC 2021 #87 £1290.07 ~ 2020/£3669.48 ~ 2019/£10,615.18 ~ 2018/£13,912.57 ~ 2017/£10,380.18 ~ 2016/£7454.80

    ~ Emergency Savings: £0

    My Debt Free Diary (Link)
  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Sounds lovely Mel, well done Kai, you needed a break hun! X
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • aless02
    aless02 Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    For all you Hairy Bikers fans - Dave has put his house up for sale, I really want to view it just to see the fab kitchen :) but DD1 said Im not allowed

    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-28591400.html

    OMG, £250,000!! :eek::eek::eek: Look at that kitchen!!!

    (that bed :rotfl::rotfl:)
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

    would like to win a holiday, please!!
    :xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j
  • csh wrote: »
    I bet there will be an open day you can sneak along to! The EA would be run ragged otherwise!

    Especially as our local paper ran a 2 page spread about it tonight :)

    Elle - this place comes highly recommended (albeit by my brother whose childless and loaded!) He's been a few times now

    http://www.aphroditeslodge.co.uk/

    I dont use a parasol after the 2 I had broke and were a real pain so I got one of these and love it

    http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Clearance-Bargains__W0QQLHQ5fSellerWithStoreZ1QQ_sasiZ1QQ_sidZ66512606?_nkw=whole+new+world
    19.6.10 Weight loss 6lb :D
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.