Credit Reference Agencies - Who Really Uses Who? II

Options

Comments

• Dr_Cuckoo3
    Dr_Cuckoo3 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    Options
    No they don't!

I have a credit search for current account on Equifax, Bank of Scotland Reward account!

I think Bank of Scotland used Equifax prior to the merger with Halifax - so it seems that the Experian listing may have been based on an assumption that they use the same CRA simply because the websites look similar

Equifax did have its contact centre in Glasgow at the time , as seen here http://www.tescobank.com/personal/finance/finance/loans/elh/obtaining-a-credit-report.html
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • andyuk01
    andyuk01 Posts: 150 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    VERY loans searched Experian only for a recent application
  • MrYeti
    MrYeti Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    I've had a look but can't find the answer - who do the Post Office search for their Personal Loans?

Thanks in advance.
  • MrYeti
    Options
    Oh and to add my personal input I applied for the Creation Card on 30th April and was accepted with only a search on my Equifax file. Two weeks later I applied for the Silver Card also from Sygma and just had a table 2 enquiry at Equifax and also accepted. Happy days on my way to credit recovery :j
  • Debt-Regret
    Debt-Regret Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    MrYeti wrote: »
    I've had a look but can't find the answer - who do the Post Office search for their Personal Loans?

Thanks in advance.
    Equifax (its Bank of Ireland)
  • MrYeti
    Options
    Equifax (its Bank of Ireland)

Cheers for that
  • MrYeti
    Options
    Well just found out that the Post Office actually use Experian only for credit checking with their loans, no search on the other two.
  • jen245
    jen245 Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone know which credit reference agency Natwest use for their Platinum card? Do they use both Equifax and Experian like for their World Points card, or just Experian like for their Classic card. I keep getting adverts for the Platinum card on my online banking, but dont want to to apply if they use Equifax (not as green as my Experian!) Thanks :)
    Debt free and staying that way! :beer:
  • izools
    izools Posts: 7,513 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    RBS Group (natwest et al) are a bit random. Typically they will search Experian, and if there is insufficient data to make a decision, they will search Equifax.

Any time I've applied for an RBS Group product they've searched both, and passed me.
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • jen245
    jen245 Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hmm, when I applied for my current account they checked both and passed me OK (offered me a £4000 o/d!! :eek:), and at the same time I (stupidly!) applied for their world points card, and again they searched both, and it was declined, and a friend of mine applied for their Classic card and they only searched Experian, so youre right, they do seem a bit random, might just give it a go and see what happens. Ive been running my current account like an angel :A and have had it for almost a year, so hopefully that will help. My Equifax report isnt really that bad, theres just an AP which was paid back to up to date about a year ago (and account closed), everything else is fine
    Debt free and staying that way! :beer:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure