Slimming World - Extra Easy weight loss!!

Options

Comments

• miamoo
    miamoo Posts: 1,694 Forumite
    Options
    Felicity I'm not sure as I'm new to all this myself, maybe its do do with how we digest cooked fruit compared to raw fruit?

I've ran out of cottage cheese so will have to pop to somerfield. The problem buying it from there is they either have full fat plain, or low fat with chives. Would the chive one be classed as syns?

Edited to add they also have a pineapple one but thats definately classed as flavoured.
    (If it makes any difference, the chive one has exactly the same nutritional content as the sainsburys light one?)
    £100 - £10,000
  • retiredlady
    retiredlady Posts: 2,187 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Felicity wrote: »
    Hi, I was wondering if anybody could give me an insight into why my 'free' breakfast became sinful and healthy B'd once I popped it in the microwave for a minute, if indeed it did?

I had magic porridge (made with Muller in fridge overnight) to which I added 1 banana and 150g fresh raspberries. So far so good just 1 healthy B for the porridge and the rest free.

Then I heated it in the microwave for 2 mins, the banana was only just nice and warm but the raspberries had gone a little stewed and it was gorgeous.

Because of this heating the banana is now 4 syns and the raspberries are 1/2 a healthy B.

Can anybody tell me why? I am more than a little confused.

Thank you in advance!!! x

This has always been a mystery to me also which has never been satisfactorily explained to me. So I ignore it and heat my fruit on occasion! It may have something to do with the fact that if you cook fruit you could in theory eat more of it - for example stewed apples? But I don't think heating up an occasional banana is going to make you gain weight!
    When life hands you lemons, ask for tequilla and salt and give me a call!!!
  • lulurose
    Options
    Hi there, I am new to this site and new to Slimming world.
    I wonder if one of you could give me some advice on eating out. I am going to ASK restuarnt this afternoon for lunch and I am on a GREEN Day... what is it best for me to eat? Can I have a tomato pasta and syn the olive oil?
    Also is it true that you can eat pasta/rice etc in large proportions with other free foods?

Any advice you can give me would be hugely appreciated...
    xxx
  • retiredlady
    retiredlady Posts: 2,187 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lulurose wrote: »
    Hi there, I am new to this site and new to Slimming world.
    I wonder if one of you could give me some advice on eating out. I am going to ASK restuarnt this afternoon for lunch and I am on a GREEN Day... what is it best for me to eat? Can I have a tomato pasta and syn the olive oil?
    Also is it true that you can eat pasta/rice etc in large proportions with other free foods?

Any advice you can give me would be hugely appreciated...
    xxx

Yes you can eat the pasta and syn the olive oil - if you know how much oil they used! If you look at the first post on this thread it explains the plan for you.
    When life hands you lemons, ask for tequilla and salt and give me a call!!!
  • Felicity
    Felicity Posts: 1,064 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    For eating out, to be absolutely sure of free, syns etc I always opt for a jacket potato on a green day with a large salad. I ensure there is no butter or dressing on it and my mind is at rest. OK, not the classiest of meals, maybe for a special occassion I would have been having a red day anyway.

I would never be sure with pasta as to what synful goodies are in the sauce, there is just no way of knowing unless you have the recipe.

For a red day I always opt for grilled stead and again the salad.

HTH!
  • miamoo
    miamoo Posts: 1,694 Forumite
    Options
    For eating out, to be absolutely sure of free, syns etc I always opt for a jacket potato on a green day with a large salad. I ensure there is no butter or dressing on it and my mind is at rest. OK, not the classiest of meals, maybe for a special occassion I would have been having a red day anyway.

I would never be sure with pasta as to what synful goodies are in the sauce, there is just no way of knowing unless you have the recipe.

For a red day I always opt for grilled stead and again the salad.

HTH!

Unless your eating at a wetherspoons!
    £100 - £10,000
  • Vixie_Pixie
    Vixie_Pixie Posts: 886 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All

Karen23 - I am so sorry to hear about your dad :( My thoughts are with you, your dad

Today i weighed in @ Boots. .. This fortnight i have STS... Phew as i thought after the bad fortnight i have had i would definately gain!! So am v happy!

EE day today

B - jordan's museli with milk (heb + hea) with w/g crackerbread + low sugar jam (rest of heb+0.5 syns)

L - Ham salad and melon chunks

D - Shepherds pie ( 4 syns for gravy) with veggies and pickle (1)

Total syns so far 5.5
    All hail to the sale!!!!!! :beer:

new beginnings...... new successes..
  • blackberry-rum
    blackberry-rum Posts: 1,302 Forumite
    edited 20 April 2010 at 1:11PM
    Options
    Karen, sorry about your dad.

There's a dish at Bella Pasta that I always have as I think it's just about free, it's prawns and pasta with just a small drizzle of tomato sauce, and a kebab stick of big prawns on top, it's very good. I can't remember what it's called.

I was amazed to read the other day that spaghetti vs thicker pasta, weight for weight, spaghetti is lower calorie. I wonder why that is. I can't be faffing about trying to eat spaghetti at work, I tend to use taglietelle.
    :jThat's 2 stone 9 lbs gone forever:j

thank you Slimming World!
  • blackberry-rum
    blackberry-rum Posts: 1,302 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, I was wondering if anybody could give me an insight into why my 'free' breakfast became sinful and healthy B'd once I popped it in the microwave for a minute, if indeed it did?

I had magic porridge (made with Muller in fridge overnight) to which I added 1 banana and 150g fresh raspberries. So far so good just 1 healthy B for the porridge and the rest free.

Then I heated it in the microwave for 2 mins, the banana was only just nice and warm but the raspberries had gone a little stewed and it was gorgeous.

Because of this heating the banana is now 4 syns and the raspberries are 1/2 a healthy B.

Can anybody tell me why? I am more than a little confused.

Thank you in advance!!! x

Why did you heat it? The porridge oats don't need to be cooked. (In fact, you don't even need to make it the night before as it is just the same consistency if you make it the second before you eat it). As for why fruit is synned if cooked, I expect it's for the same reason fruit juices are synned - it's much quicker to eat thus you could technically eat much more of it.
    On the other hand, if you just wanted a warm breakfast, why not make porridge with water in the usual way, then add the fruit and yoghurt, and eat it whilst it's still warm.
    :jThat's 2 stone 9 lbs gone forever:j

thank you Slimming World!
  • Waterfalls
    Waterfalls Posts: 439 Forumite
    Options
    Hello there

my mum is on the slimming world plan and doing very well ( shes lost 3 stone!!)
    i was wonderng if i could have ur advise. its her birthday on thursday, and i would like to get her a cake, but dont want to undo the good work she has done so far. any recommendations??

Thank u for ur time!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport