Slimming World - Extra Easy weight loss!!

Options

Comments

• Circes_2
    Circes_2 Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    4li5on wrote: »
    As far as I see it it's 100g of the dried mixture before you do anything to it, surely? Otherwise, why else would it say dried?
    I take it as 100g of the dry stuff, then make it up the way the packet says (I would assume water so it'll be free? Same principle as pastry mix???)

I'm pretty sure that the dried refers to the product - in that it comes in dried form - and that the syns are for 100g made -up weight.
  • Circes_2
    Circes_2 Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    lisa26 wrote: »
    Hi all, can anyone help me with something? I've been working by way through the whole thread and I'm sure I read somewhere that Belvita breakfast biscuits are either HE of low syns. I've just bought some on half price offer in Morrison's but now I can't find where I read about them.

I've been away camping for the weekend. I was good on Friday but fell off the wagon slightly on Saturday and sunday. Brekkies were ok but lunch and tea were fairly naughty. However, we did do 5 hours of fell walking on Friday and 7 hours on Saturday so hopefully that will have burnt off the naughty stuff!! WI is on Wed and its * week so fingers crossed I've done ok!!!

Depending on the variety they are either 2.5 or 3 syns per biscuit. As there are four biscuits in each pack it could turn out to be an expensive choice. Having seen the nutritional info I would be surprised if they are HEBs as they are relatively low in fibre and high in fat. IMHO it's just a marketing ploy ;)
  • lisa26_2
    lisa26_2 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Options
    Circes wrote: »
    Depending on the variety they are either 2.5 or 3 syns per biscuit. As there are four biscuits in each pack it could turn out to be an expensive choice. Having seen the nutritional info I would be surprised if they are HEBs as they are relatively low in fibre and high in fat. IMHO it's just a marketing ploy ;)

Thanks for that, not sure where I read that then!!! I'll feed them to OH instead!!!
  • bright_side
    bright_side Posts: 1,799 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Not a good day for me. Found out at 7am this morning that my dear Daddy has Lymphoma and now have an upset tummy, presumably due to the chip I pinched off my son on Saturday which had been inside a bread roll. So feeling completely rubbish and shocked to say the least but have managed to stay on plan today. Suddenly losing weight doesn't seem so important right now :(
    Some people see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty - the enlightened are simply grateful to have a glass :)
  • Pitlanepiglet
    Pitlanepiglet Posts: 2,129 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all, I've been lurking on the old thread for a while soaking up the inspiration but now feel able to come out of the closet! :wave:

I've been doing SW since just before Easter, this will be my third WI today. Lost 2.5lb week 1, only 1lb week 2 which was a bit disappointing but as this was period week perhaps this was quite normal?

I've been following the plan better this last week, although I often work away at weekends in an environment that makes it really difficult to control what I eat - need to get a bit better at that for the next one. This weekend lunch was sandwich (not wholemeal), crisps and a kit kat! I did get vast amounts of exercise though so hopefully that will balance out.

I started off doing EE, but I think I was eating too much pasta, yesterday I did my first green day. It's difficult to get a feel for whether I'm eating enough/too much or what! I was disappointed with week 2 but perhaps that was more period related that I thought? Hopefully after today's WI I'll have a better idea of how I'm doing.

Good luck everyone!
    Piglet

Decluttering - 127/366

Digital/emails/photo decluttering - 5432/2024
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    karen23 wrote: »
    Not a good day for me. Found out at 7am this morning that my dear Daddy has Lymphoma and now have an upset tummy, presumably due to the chip I pinched off my son on Saturday which had been inside a bread roll. So feeling completely rubbish and shocked to say the least but have managed to stay on plan today. Suddenly losing weight doesn't seem so important right now :(

<<HUGS>> Karen sorry to hear about your Dad. Losing weight might not seem as that important but you would end up feeling even more down if you gave it all up. Just keep on track whenever you can, but without pressuring yourself. It would do your dad the world of good to see you happy and healthy.xx
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ive had to change my WI to Monday nights as im starting a college course on Wednesday nights. I went last night and have lost 3lb this week. Im quite chuffed as id gained 2lb after my holiday. Oh lost 6 lb so hes even more happy and focussed.

Green day today -

B - half a cantaloupe melon, muller light
    L - baked potato with pasta salad.
    D - bubble and squeak patties with spicy beans (they were so yummy), side salad
    pud - lemon cheesecake muller

snack - ill have some toast for supper with a nice cuppa.

my oh is going out tonight so ill keep myself busy catching up on House and Doctor Who and making somemore teapots for my folksy shop. that should keep mind off nibbling.
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • bright_side
    bright_side Posts: 1,799 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    nic2075 wrote: »
    <<HUGS>> Karen sorry to hear about your Dad. Losing weight might not seem as that important but you would end up feeling even more down if you gave it all up. Just keep on track whenever you can, but without pressuring yourself. It would do your dad the world of good to see you happy and healthy.xx

You are so right, thankyou very much xx
    Some people see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty - the enlightened are simply grateful to have a glass :)
  • whoopidoo
    whoopidoo Posts: 1,549 Forumite
    Options
    sukibix wrote: »
    FYI all - Morrisons have reduced their offer on Muller Lights - it's now only 6 for £2 and not 12! How cheeky, I went in there tonight having bought 12 on Saturday and was surprised to say the least. Grrr, all the good flavours were gone too. Still got Shape for £1 tho.

Thanks for this - my Morrisons is 20 minutes drive away and was going to make the trip to stock up on them later this week, may as well just go to the Co-Op for their 5 for £1.50 offer ;)
    karen23 wrote: »

So sorry to read this, upset tummy could be stress too. Big hugs.
    :staradminHuuuuuuge thank you hugs to all posters:staradmin
  • yoemma
    yoemma Posts: 317 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone tried this diet who has had their gall bladder removed & if so, how are you finding it? I would be looking to do the veggie version of this diet plan.

hello! I had my gallbladder removed in August 2008 and finding the diet no problem at all - I found I put more weight on after having it removed as I could eat what I liked with no nasty side effects that's why I started SW last year. I love the veggie version of the plan - I'm currently tucking into a boiled egg salad for brekkie with a side of melon and mango. yummy.

Good luck! x
    "I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and... I believe in miracles."

:heartpuls proud mummy to gorgeous girl twins born 13th july 2012 :heartpuls
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure