Pay off mortgage and start having fun!

Options

Comments

• newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,965 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Argh, the 3 night cruise price seems to have dropped another £50 each :eek: would be £794 three nights all inclusive or £832 with upgraded room like we have currently or £1386 for 5nts. Still the same cost per night , I wish I hadnt looked :rotfl:

I am trying for less time in bed on the iPad first thing in the morning from now on, I will be trying to get some actual cleaning done every day , so it's not a whole day or two on my days off I should be able to squeeze an hour doing chores before every work day easily really. :D

To do list Monday:

Quick kitchen clean
    Hoover whole house
    Go to Zumba tonight
    Stop at mr t on way home from work to change up coin jar and look for a yellow stickered ds for ds1 I spotted on Hukd.

Happy Monday :)
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • Hollyboll
    Options
    Morning NG ... belated happy new year!

Brilliant weightloss :j:j:j

Still got to catch up on your diary but just saw this morning's post .... not sure if this is everywhere but the change machine in both my local Tosscos charge a commission / fee, but M3tro banks let you cash in for free (even if you don't have an account).

xx
    Fleabay + Weebuy + Gumfree since started diary 94 items sold, £649.71 clear profit
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hollyboll wrote: »
    Still got to catch up on your diary but just saw this morning's post .... not sure if this is everywhere but the change machine in both my local Tosscos charge a commission / fee, but M3tro banks let you cash in for free (even if you don't have an account).
    Or just use to pay for your shopping at the self service tills :D, pay yourself back with 'proper money' :).
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • newgirly
    Options
    Hi hollybol , thanks for popping in and happy new year to you too :rotfl:

GG, I can't I'm am too embarrassed! Although 9.9p in the £1 now perhaps I should man up :D

Killer Zumba tonight with a sadistic teacher, I will need to get a stannah stairlift to get me upstairs into the shower soon. Made it back in time for xfiles, very creepy and now I don't want to go on a cruise and leave poor dd home alone with monsters lurking, freaked us both out which is unusual as we both like a bit of scary stuff :eek:p

Managed a bit of cleaning and sheet changing this morning before work, Hoovering still waiting for me. Tomorrow its manic again, crematorium for grandad on way to work ( he died two days before his 80th bless him) very busy day (squeezing weds work in too as I took it off!) then a cancer fundraising night with the girls at the Indian restaurant round the corner, one of the girls has just lost her mum two weeks ago to breast cancer so it will be much more poignant than usual :(

Anyway, trying hard to not spend too much, not eat too much , not stress too much and have as much fun as possible :D
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • newgirly
    Options
    It's my birthday today, I have the day off work, much to the disgust of the guys I work with, who can't see why I would waste a days holiday :rotfl: I am taking mum to bluewater to mooch about at the posh shops.

Paid the maths teacher last night for the missed lessons an extra £120 :eek:

Did the change jar at the coinstar and it was £35.69 to add to the extra £150 op target this month, £125.67 so far.
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Now I'd flip it round and say why would you work? Though I must confess I'd rather go to work than shopping...! I can honestly I haven't been 'shopping' (food shop doesn't count) since I took a stance in January 2008!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • newgirly
    Options
    :rotfl: I still like to wander aimlessly around, have a coffee and a chat, it's nice and warm! This only includes quiet weekdays not busy weekends and school holidays :D
  • ourcornercottage
    Options
    Happy birthday :) enjoy your mooching about!
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Happy Birthday and enjoy your mooching :)

Tilly x x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • newgirly
    Options
    Thanks, very kind :)

I am getting cards and presents after school when dh gets home, but ds1 has bought me a box of chocolates and card and brought them in while I was in bed! So sweet :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback