I am a Bridezilla and my confession is....

Comments

• I hope it will be lovely, I'm really looking forward to it - have even got father Christmas paying a visit (for the kids not for me......honest)

It's a place called the flow house in Bedford (bit of a trek from Colchester) where were doing the surfing, indoor skydiving in a wind tunnel, a sky jump where you are held up by a giant fan and rock climbing then heading out for food, drinks and dancing.

It should be fantastic but I have to pay in full before they will even hold the date and I'm worried that even with getting the girls to pay to confirm that my date will be gone before they pay up :( might just have to book it myself for the minimum and add people to the booking as and when
  • firebird082
    firebird082 Posts: 577 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I had my first real bridezilla moment this week - have been obsessively organising, well, everything. We've decided where we're staying the night before and after the reception, and let close family and bridesmaids know so they could get it booked. 1 bridesmaid (who is starting to irritate me for a number of reasons, but I'm cutting her some slack as she's getting married in Nov) failed to book, and then said 'the only room left is a family room, can we stay somewhere else?'. Had a few moments (well, nights) of stress over her passive-aggressive messaging re accommodation, before calming down and telling her that as long as she was at the hotel in time for getting ready in the morning, I didn't care what she did.

Turns out she'd booked the room anyway in the meantime, so now I feel a bit guilty for making her spend the money. On the other hand, she'll be spending considerably less (and undergoing less stress) being my bridesmaid than I already have being hers!!

/rant aaaaaand calm :)
  • stewby
    stewby Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Been a while since I wandered on to here...

I'm a bridezilla because... OH is now only getting to plan the stag do.
    :eek:

We have been watching a lot of the TV show "Don't Tell The Bride" and we decided it would be good fun for OH to pretend to plan the wedding.
    The wedding dress would be navy (okay), short (erm...) and strapless (no, just no).
    This man has known me for five and a half years, I have only ever once wore a dress which was for my brother's wedding and OH wasn't even there for it.
    :doh:

Even the guys on "Don't Tell The Bride" know that the bride wears white. OH really is clueless about weddings.
    :rotfl:
    Mortgage: £0/£80,329.91
    Savings: £0/£6400
    :love:
  • benjus
    benjus Posts: 5,433 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    stewby wrote: »
    Been a while since I wandered on to here...

I'm a bridezilla because... OH is now only getting to plan the stag do.
    :eek:

We have been watching a lot of the TV show "Don't Tell The Bride" and we decided it would be good fun for OH to pretend to plan the wedding.
    The wedding dress would be navy (okay), short (erm...) and strapless (no, just no).
    This man has known me for five and a half years, I have only ever once wore a dress which was for my brother's wedding and OH wasn't even there for it.
    :doh:

Even the guys on "Don't Tell The Bride" know that the bride wears white. OH really is clueless about weddings.
    :rotfl:

Sounds to me like he spotted an opportunity to let you take over and leave him with an easy life...
    Let's settle this like gentlemen: armed with heavy sticks
    On a rotating plate, with spikes like Flash Gordon
    And you're Peter Duncan; I gave you fair warning
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    stewby wrote: »
    Even the guys on "Don't Tell The Bride" know that the bride wears white.

I didn't..............
  • weeclick
    weeclick Posts: 1,051 Forumite
    Thought I needed to bring this thread back to life (firstly Ive really enjoyed having a good giggle at the previous posts!!) but I have had my first bridezilla moment and I actually shocked myself at how "short" my temper has been with some people.

We only got engaged at Christmas and started making a rough plan for numbers (more so for budget) for the wedding. We live in N. Ireland but getting married in England (where my OH is originally from and where I lived until earlier last year) and so Im keeping the guest list to family and very close friends (especially on my side where they will have to travel and stay in hotels).

Anyway a "friend" (basically someone who I only met last year, and been out drinking with twice...) text me out of the blue asking if I had set a date yet...I said yes...gave the month and said once a deposit is put down on our potential venue we would be letting everyone know...so she said "hope I get an invite" and I said "of course, we are keeping the ceremony to family and bridal party (which basically covers basis of my closest friends) but you are more than welcome to join us in the evening"

She replied with a very typical and polite response of "awk, not the day too, that's a shame would of been a great day!" Normally any sane person, Im guessing, would of seen the nice side of her reply but I just saw red, kicked off to my OH that why are people making me feel so awkward we aren't inviting them to the day...do these people not realise how much it costs to feed them just so they can have a nice day out! lol needless to say....bridezilla has reared her ugly head already!!
    Life is what you make it.
  • xxlouisexx56
    xxlouisexx56 Posts: 2,267 Forumite
    We sent out invites last week and have had many responses already.

One of DP's work colleagues asked if the invite was just for him. We said he could have a plus one if he wanted (I've never met this man. DP works with him and has never met his wife either)

It turns out he wants to bring his wife and FOUR KIDS!!!!!

Is he mental? I hate taking my kids to weddings!
  • weeclick
    weeclick Posts: 1,051 Forumite
    definitely sounds mental lol - I wish I could say only kids at ours will be family but nope I fear OHs friends will be "with kids" so I feel your pain.

My OH will also have her ex civil partner at our wedding (they are still best friends and parted on mutual terms and I don't have an issue with their friendship but on paper does seem funny lol) and also her ex girlfriend is invited on the basis they are still friends but she didn't take the news of our engagement well - shes 2 years to get over it or just not come, we aren't bothered either way lol
    Life is what you make it.
  • RachRubyD
    RachRubyD Posts: 418 Forumite
    I've had a mental breakdown and gone bridezilla because my cousin has decided to get married the month before mine. Wouldn't mind but we had our save the dates out even before they got engaged. Only kicking off because literally more than half the guests now have fork out for 2 weddings close to one another and its gone and taken the shine of my wedding. We also have a 50th in the same week as their wedding and a 70th, an 18th, two 21sts and also my Hen do all in literally around the same time. Just don't know everyone is going to afford it all. Plus I literally looked like Regina George from Mean Girls screaming when they posted their save the dates and the brides ring is the main focus of the save the date as a large photo and its the EXACT SAME ENGAGEMENT RING AS MINE!!!!!!!!!! Like how popular is a ruby engagement really? I got mine as our dog was called ruby and died just before we got engaged sadly so was a nice memory of her and now that's even been ruined . Trying to be happy for them but really am fuming inside. I can just tell nearer the time am going to go full bridezilla haha.
  • xxlouisexx56
    xxlouisexx56 Posts: 2,267 Forumite
    rachrubyd wrote: »
    i've had a mental breakdown and gone bridezilla because my cousin has decided to get married the month before mine. Wouldn't mind but we had our save the dates out even before they got engaged. Only kicking off because literally more than half the guests now have fork out for 2 weddings close to one another and its gone and taken the shine of my wedding. We also have a 50th in the same week as their wedding and a 70th, an 18th, two 21sts and also my hen do all in literally around the same time. Just don't know everyone is going to afford it all. Plus i literally looked like regina george from mean girls screaming when they posted their save the dates and the brides ring is the main focus of the save the date as a large photo and its the exact same engagement ring as mine!!!!!!!!!! Like how popular is a ruby engagement really? I got mine as our dog was called ruby and died just before we got engaged sadly so was a nice memory of her and now that's even been ruined . Trying to be happy for them but really am fuming inside. I can just tell nearer the time am going to go full bridezilla haha.

i would be livid!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport