We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

The Great 'Shrinking Food' Hunt

Comments

• Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I'm sure bags of cadbury mini eggs are smaller; the bags look the same size but are only half full with 100g
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • BigMummaF
    BigMummaF Posts: 4,281 Forumite
    Shock: the price of value pre-packed corned beef in MrT.
    Dawning Realisation: the slices are now the same size as a standard white sliced loaf where once upon a time, there was about 2cm surplus that was my treat for making the sarnies :o
    Shock: there are only 7 slices now, where last time there were 8 in a pack :mad:
    Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• alex21
    alex21 Posts: 553 Forumite
    Mr A does that offer of 3 meats for £10 which I usually get for chicken prawns and bacon. Yesterday I noticed that there had been a change in bacon packaging. It normally comes in 2 packs and totals 14 slices but is now 12 slices in one pack. Annoying to think we can't count and also from opening bigger pack there is a freshness issue. Anyway managed to find some bacon in original packaging stuffed down the side so cheers for the bacon sarnie!
  • monkeytalk
    monkeytalk Posts: 29 Forumite
    Asda lower salt baked beans pks of 4, size of tin smaller, they had both sizes on the shelf when I purchased!
    Thats what made me realise.
  • peaceandfreedom
    peaceandfreedom Posts: 2,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Tesco had packs of 25 meatballs at £4 each or 3 for £10. Now the packs only have 24 meatballs but same price. Can't compare the actual weight of the packs, but the packs are now smaller than they were before so I suspect the weight of product has reduced.
  • DaisyFlower
    DaisyFlower Posts: 2,677 Forumite
    Kellogs Nutrigrain, used to be 8 in a box but now 6 for the same price.
  • Middy
    Middy Posts: 5,394 Forumite
    Wrigleys Extra Mints were 4 tubes in a pack and now only 3 and charging 2p more.
  • thelawnet
    thelawnet Posts: 2,578 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    There is now an irritating trend, introduced by the Innocent juice company, to sell juice in 900ml, rather than 1l bottles. This is 10% less and the bottles are shaped differently with the hope that the consumer will not notice they are being short-changed. Tropicana are also now doing it.
  • Esoog
    Esoog Posts: 1,489 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    MitchMcK wrote: »
    A year ago I was buying 10 Turkey Dinosaurs in a pack. A few months ago it reduced to 8 in a pack. Last week the pack contained 6!
    What is Bernard Matthews doing to the Dinosaurs!
    (The dinosaurs also seem to be smaller than they used to be....)

Guess what? (this post from last year..) now it's five! :mad:
  • This might have already been mentioned but PENGUIN biscuits are now absolutely tiny. They used to be quite a substantial chocolate biscuit but now you are lucky if it lasts two bites. They are so small it's easier to just throw it in your mouth whole.

Shockingly small!
    There is nothing better in life than writing on the sole of your slipper with a biro.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.