FREE Tesco Clubcard points for turning GREEN !!!!!

Comments

• maria932
    maria932 Posts: 336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Brilliant idea, Will def take carrier bags with from now on.

Thanks for letting me know
  • meerustar
    meerustar Posts: 8,560 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Merlin139 wrote:
    I think its a good idea but!!!!!

Having scaned through this thread no one has mentioned how much longer it will take to get through the checkouts because little miss green fancy pants is arguing with the cashier about how many points she will get.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • Jakejakejake
    Jakejakejake Posts: 6,324 Forumite
    In the car park at my store, they have a carrier bag recycling box - i could just grab a load from there and shop!
  • SwissToni_2
    SwissToni_2 Posts: 562 Forumite
    I did a search for Tesco's biodegradeable carrier bags just the other day and it came back that they weren't, well not until September. So are they or aren't they and since degradable bags are such an old technology now, why haven't they been used? :confused:

swisslogo.jpg
  • Constantine
    Constantine Posts: 1,561 Forumite
    SwissToni wrote:
    I did a search for Tesco's biodegradeable carrier bags just the other day and it came back that they weren't, well not until September. So are they or aren't they and since degradable bags are such an old technology now, why haven't they been used? :confused:

swisslogo.jpg

They are and have been for a while. Do you have that link?
    Who or what was I before you came in to my life
    I am not sure
  • Claire_DC
    Claire_DC Posts: 1,269 Forumite
    Could they not just set an amount of items which would constitute as a 'bag full' and therefore gain a point?

That way the till could work it all out and add it on, rather than it being left to the cashier to check so it would be consistant.. and also save time for the people stood behind little miss green fancy pants in the queue. ;)
    Lost lbs =
    Gained £s = Quidco £261.90, Free Fivers £22.26, Matched Betting
  • Saint_Chris
    Saint_Chris Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    How is this going to work.

Will the lasses on the till just click a new button on there till.

Or what.
  • They are and have been for a while. Do you have that link?
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=tesco+biodegradable+bags&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

swisslogo.jpg
  • robonz
    robonz Posts: 333 Forumite
    heres the first link found by the above google search, if this guy is right then tescos new bio-bags changes little, reduction is key, its so simple a solution, just charge 10p a bag and the reduction would be huge.

http://www.libdems.org.uk/environment/tescos-biodegradable-plastic-bags-do-not-address-environmental-problem-huhne.html
    thanks to everyone who has thanked me!
  • josie
    josie Posts: 3,106 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I think this is a great idea by Tesco and is actually rewarding people for being environmentally friendly. Yes, I've got my bags for life and have used them for a couple of years now - so thanks for the reward Tesco.

It's a more positive step by Tesco and yes, clever marketing, as it rewards instead of penalises people by charging 10p a bag and possibly driving customers to shop elsewhere. None of the big 3 supermarkets would introduce that on their own.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure