FREE Tesco Clubcard points for turning GREEN !!!!!

Options

Comments

• edinburghgirl
    Options
    :rotfl: Like this idea a lot!!! :rotfl:

Anyone any idea how you would get your green points if you go through the self-service checkout?
    My guess is that you'll have to queue up at CS - rather defeats the object of using the self-service!

i used the self scan on monday-asked the assistant supervising the area and she added them on for me.suppose you could go to cs as well
  • lamnicholas
    Options
    :rotfl: Like this idea a lot!!! :rotfl:

Anyone any idea how you would get your green points if you go through the self-service checkout?
    My guess is that you'll have to queue up at CS - rather defeats the object of using the self-service!

Self Service Checkouts are excluded from this offer as stated in the latest Clubcard mailing.
  • ruthiejane
    ruthiejane Posts: 1,217 Forumite
    Options
    Not all the checkout staff know about this yet. The one I was served by in Porthmadog this evening didn't, as I'd only bought 3 things I coulndn't be bothered to join the queue at customer services,!
    ilovefreegle.org - give it away don't throw it away :)
  • meshelly
    Options
    I love Tesco Clubcard points so will be using this as another way of getting more. I recently purchased two large blue bags from IKEA which hold masses of shopping – at least 10 carrier bags worth so will be asking for lots of green points at the checkout.

I also use a Tesco credit card as a cash card for all my purchases everywhere, and pay it off at the end of the month every month, just to get the points. I currently have enough points, which when quadrupled, will give me up to £3000 in rewards (holiday!) and now that you can purchase Virgin holidays with rewards even better. A real money saver. Good on Tesco’s.
  • mcdonag
    mcdonag Posts: 513 Forumite
    Options
    I noticed that Tesco Beccles had boxes and boxes of green badges for till staff to give out to customers using 'other' bags.

Must have bought them from the profits they have forecast by stopping the codes?

(Every Little Hurts!)
  • mcdonag
    Options
    joughtib wrote:
    i've just come back from my shopping trip to tesco, with 26 items (yes I have counted them!). I used one box, and put the rest in the trolley, as I have crates in the back of the car.

For this I received 2 points, eventually when I complained at the customer service desk. I was told that it is purely down to the amount of bags used, not the amount that would be used.

The tariff is 1 point for a bag, 2 for a box, and 3 for a wheelie shopping bag. So I'm also tempted to take 100 bags for the weekly shop and fill each one with one item, and see what happens!

I did a shop today and didn't get my 'Green Clubcard Points' as the till op had finished all her 'tilling in' before I could even get my bags out and fill them up with my shopping.

Do we have to tell them how many bags we will be using or what?

I didn't complain to CS as I only bought R&R's and was making anyway.

(Every Little Hurts!)
  • rosy
    rosy Posts: 642 Forumite
    Options
    4 times now I have been in Tesco and got my points. Although the assistants are supposed to ask you if you are going to use your own bags, just to be sure I have said to the SA that I was going to use my own bags for points and how many I had right at the start of unloading the shopping at the checkout. This seems to have worked well so far. However, despite there being huge notices about the scheme hanging from the ceiling in our Tesco, I have yet to see anyone apart from myself using their own bags - I have nosily looked at every checkout on each visit and everyone is still merrily pulling the new bags off the holders. Maybe it's early days and it will take a while to catch on... or maybe it will just be MSEers claiming the points.... ;)
  • carras
    carras Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    What happens when you order a Tesco delivery. I do each month when I want really heavy, bulky stuff.
    Yesterday my delivery came and I had three bags with two pizza's in each, one bottle of domestos in a bag, inside a bag - why?
  • ecogeorge
    Options
    Shame on you !! use a local butcher, find out where your meat comes from, what quality of life did it have. Red tractor symbol does not guarantee UK produce.
  • mcdonag
    Options
    ecogeorge wrote:
    Shame on you !! use a local butcher, find out where your meat comes from, what quality of life did it have. Red tractor symbol does not guarantee UK produce.

I think your on the wrong thread mate. Either that or I'll have a pint of what your drinkin'!!

(Every Little Hurts!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport