We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

****Littlekel's diary - Getting on the right track :-) ****

Options

Comments

• OrangeFairy
    OrangeFairy Posts: 2,630 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 18 April 2010 at 7:42PM
    Options
    Well not really a very MSE day!

Wanted to take the kids swimming. We have three choices

1. Croyde nearest village to ours - more expensive pool and only open in summer but is a lot more fun for kids as has a current pool and slides - 3 miles away
    2. Ilfracombe - Plain pool where DD's have their swimming lessons, cheapest but furthest away - 9 miles away
    3. Barnstaple - Biggest pool in nearest town, plain pool but easier to get to and we have been here loads - 5 miles away

Decide on option number 1.Travel 3 miles out and their card machine is broken!!!! I have no cash on me!! The lady said we could use the little shop and spend £5 on card (on crap) and then pay £1 to be allowed to get cashback!! Ummm no...also their cash machine in reception was faulty! NO cash machines in the whole of this village! Travel 3 miles back to our village
    OH doesnt want to go back there on principle (though i do!) so from our village we travel 9 miles to option number 2!!! We get there , pay parking and then find out we paid 60p for nothing as there are no charges on a sunday!!! Walk into the swimming pool and there is no public swim on a sunday apart from 45 mins in the afternoon!!! :eek: I was ready to give up but the kids were upset!
    Then as option 3 is in completely the opposite direction we travel the 14 miles to Pool number 3!! Finally swim but feel like we have travelled all over devon!! Not very MSE!!!!

However then we had BBQ at MIL's so the meal on the mealplan for the kids gets to stay in the freezer for another day! Also MIL made loads of spicy meatballs and there were so many left OH came home with three foil containers which will be his lunch for the next 3 days! So saved some pennies later on in the day!!!

What a day. About to settle down with a cup of tea and watch the grand prix with OH. Back to EARLY mornings with school runs this week!!
    Orange Fairy
    House Purchased April 19 :) CC1=? CC2=? DH CC= Mortgage Overpay = £0 Savings = £0 Xmas savings = £0 Weightloss = 0 lb

• OrangeFairy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning to everyone out there!

Today is the start of my eating well and exercising!!! If i am getting married i a year i had better crack on!! Got up early and used the cross trainer for 20mins and then did 100 skips outside in the fresh air! I have drunk a litre and a half of water. WI this morning and i have put on 1lb (updated sig) I am really pelased as i have eating everything and anything in the last 3 weeks or so!!!

Had a good evening last night. OH ran me a bath and then massaged me with body butter! I can still smell it!! mmmmm Will have to go wash it off with a shower now though! :(

Right better start getting ready...OH and I are working today but the kids aren't back at school! So got to get them to mums!
    Orange Fairy
    House Purchased April 19 :) CC1=? CC2=? DH CC= Mortgage Overpay = £0 Savings = £0 Xmas savings = £0 Weightloss = 0 lb

• anonymoose_3
    Options
    Morning Kel :)

I'm really pleased for you your little girl got into your chosen school & will be in the same class as your sis too :D

Sounds like a bit of a palava yesterday with all the to-ing & fro-ing, if my OH was driving he would have had a paddy & we'd have ended up back home *rolls eyes*

Hope you have a great Monday
    Proud to be dealing with my debts - LBM Mar 2010

Start weight [STRIKE]11 st 8.5lbs[/STRIKE] now 10st 3lb
    £2 savers No.99 - £68 July No Spend Days 7/8

A&L [STRIKE]£202 [/STRIKE]£152 Barclaycard [STRIKE]£3882.89[/STRIKE] £3817.74 :mad:
  • OrangeFairy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Right a quick update before starting my practice assessments that i have been putting off ALL week!! No more putting off possible as the assessment is this afternoon!!! :eek:

Emailed Next to ask about the canvas print they sent back as i haven't had a credit! They emailed apologising and my account has been credited by £70 so now it is officially cleared!!!!! Woohoo.

Tomorrow feels like D day a bit. Will go online to check my tax credits payment as soon as i get up. This is a big deal as it is the first proper normal payment since notifying them about OH's paydrop so then i will know what we will get weekly. Then i can work out our budget and do an accurate SOA. So tomorrow will either be a relief or a wake up call that we will struggle until he goes back to 5 days when it gets busier!!

I had a dream last night that i checked my credit file and i was also scored on how many times my alarm in the morning had to go off to wake me up!!! So in my dream i was trying to work out where in my room i had to put my alarm so i had to get up to stop it...therefore waking up properly!! All to improve my credit score rating! Bliming heck i am even dreaming about DFW things!!
    Orange Fairy

• Choc-addict
    Choc-addict Posts: 1,894 Forumite
    Options
    littlekel wrote: »
    Emailed Next to ask about the canvas print they sent back as i haven't had a credit! They emailed apologising and my account has been credited by £70 so now it is officially cleared!!!!! Woohoo.

Tomorrow feels like D day a bit. Will go online to check my tax credits payment as soon as i get up. This is a big deal as it is the first proper normal payment since notifying them about OH's paydrop so then i will know what we will get weekly. Then i can work out our budget and do an accurate SOA. So tomorrow will either be a relief or a wake up call that we will struggle until he goes back to 5 days when it gets busier!!

I had a dream last night that i checked my credit file and i was also scored on how many times my alarm in the morning had to go off to wake me up!!! So in my dream i was trying to work out where in my room i had to put my alarm so i had to get up to stop it...therefore waking up properly!! All to improve my credit score rating! Bliming heck i am even dreaming about DFW things!!

:rotfl:So funny your dream!!! If only that was the way to imporve your credit rating eh! :rotfl:

:jYAY to clearning your next :j - you are doing fab and well on your way to clearning the rest of your debts and saving for that lovely wedding and new home :D

Hope this afternoon goes ok xx
  • anonymoose_3
    Options
    :j :Tfor clearing your Next:T:j Well done :D

:rotfl:about your dream, I'd be turning it off by the first beep if that worked.
    Proud to be dealing with my debts - LBM Mar 2010

Start weight [STRIKE]11 st 8.5lbs[/STRIKE] now 10st 3lb
    £2 savers No.99 - £68 July No Spend Days 7/8

A&L [STRIKE]£202 [/STRIKE]£152 Barclaycard [STRIKE]£3882.89[/STRIKE] £3817.74 :mad:
  • OrangeFairy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well i am up and tax credits go in at midnight!!! Very relieved that our payments are now £105 a week. They have increased it by £100 a month which helps a fair way with OH's pay drop. Coincidently his paycheck next week is dropping by £200 yet mine is increasing by £50 to my old pay :D So with tax credits we are only about £50 worse off a month which isn't too drastic. Would be nice for OH to be working and have the extra £50 for debts but i think for the moment he is enjoying having the thursday off each week!

Also got a call from the school the DD2 starts in sept to ask me to contact them about a possible place for DD1!! :j I reckon this will be for the extra two places her year takes in sept which would be fab news if we get them. Fingers crossed! I am really nervous! I am going to go into work a bit late and stop by the school on my way in!

Now i have my tax credits amount i can post up a SOA and work out what we may have free for overpayments! :D
    Orange Fairy

• OrangeFairy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Statement of Affairs and Personal Balance Sheet

Household Information

Number of adults in household........... 2
    Number of children in household......... 2
    Number of cars owned.................... 1

Monthly Income Details

Monthly income after tax................ 988.35
    Partners monthly income after tax....... 617
    Benefits................................ 548.4
    Other income............................ 0
    Total monthly income.................... 2153.75

Monthly Expense Details

Mortgage................................ 0
    Secured/HP loan repayments.............. 0
    Rent.................................... 700
    Management charge (leasehold property).. 0
    Council tax............................. 120
    Electricity............................. 60
    Gas..................................... 40
    Oil..................................... 0
    Water rates............................. 35
    Telephone (land line)................... 20
    Mobile phone............................ 10
    TV Licence.............................. 10
    Satellite/Cable TV...................... 35
    Internet Services....................... 0
    Groceries etc. ......................... 200
    Clothing................................ 0
    Petrol/diesel........................... 60
    Road tax................................ 15
    Car Insurance........................... 25
    Car maintenance (including MOT)......... 10
    Car parking............................. 0
    Other travel............................ 0
    Childcare/nursery....................... 168
    Other child related expenses............ 64
    Medical (prescriptions, dentist etc).... 0
    Pet insurance/vet bills................. 0
    Buildings insurance..................... 0
    Contents insurance...................... 10
    Life assurance ......................... 0
    Other insurance......................... 0
    Presents (birthday, christmas etc)...... 40
    Haircuts................................ 10
    Entertainment........................... 10
    Holiday................................. 0
    Emergency fund.......................... 0
    Total monthly expenses.................. 1642

Assets

Cash.................................... 0
    House value (Gross)..................... 0
    Shares and bonds........................ 0
    Car(s).................................. 4000
    Other assets............................ 1000
    Total Assets............................ 5000

No Secured nor Hire Purchase Debts

Unsecured Debts
    Description....................Debt......Monthly...APR
    Natwest CC.....................1580......50........0
    Lloyds Loan....................6900......214.......10
    Littlewoods....................696.......30........30
    Total unsecured debts..........9176......294.......-

Monthly Budget Summary

Total monthly income.................... 2,153.75
    Expenses (including HP & secured debts). 1,642
    Available for debt repayments........... 511.75
    Monthly UNsecured debt repayments....... 294
    Amount left after debt repayments....... 217.75

Not too bad. Possible overpayments of around £200 a month. OH should get his pay back in the next 6 months. Also depends on what is happening wedding-wise! We also hope to make a bit more money on ebay and overtime. Also OH sometimes does websites for people so we get the odd bit of money here and there.

The telly isn't listed as we don't need to start paying it until november. So going to clear littlewoods saving us the £30 a month and then throw all money at the Telly.

Orange Fairy

• OrangeFairy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Not much to report today.

Found out OH has sold his old computer for £50. So pleased with that! We need to get his Dad a birthday presents and we are going out for lunch at a pub with a walk after on his birthday. So this £50 can cover that extra expense i wasn't planning on this month! :D

I SPENT MONEY today!!! We needed an airtight box for our HM bread. The one i found in the local hardware store was £5.99 but for £9.99 you could get a set with am extra 4 different sized boxes. These extra boxes were actually worth an extra £8 if bought separately. These will be handy as we are batch cooking more now.

Funny the difference a couple of months has made. A few months ago i would have just bought them and not thought anything of it. But buying them today left an unsettling feeling all day that i have spent unnecessary money! :(

Situation with DD1 and school was't as good as it sounded. They just wanted to check over my application before sending it to devon admissions. And the place coming up isn't confirmed and plus i know of someone who is higher up the list than us! :mad:
    Orange Fairy

• josiebabie
    josiebabie Posts: 1,224 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Kel I am totally the same when it comes to spending money! When I found out I had £75 on my prepay card I immediately wrote it into my budget. My mum thinks I should buy myself some shoes (I really need work shoes as mine broke yesterday) but even though I NEED them I can't bring myself to spend the money! LOL It's like we've programmed ourselves not to spend!
    Nothing to report as yet...give me a minute...!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport