We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

****Littlekel's diary - Getting on the right track :-) ****

Options
1363738394042»

Comments

• OrangeFairy
    OrangeFairy Posts: 2,630 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello Diary land!!

:( and :) - DD2 started big school today! She had a great time!!! My baby is growing up!

The christening on sunday went soooooo well!!! Everyone had a great day!

The day before on saturday we had a great day out on Dartmoor for some geocaching and a cream tea, then after we went to a balloon festival which was really good. Only £1 each to get in the festival - children free!!

I start college again next week! So i am really looking forward to that. Though i have to pay them £475 in the next month :( Hoping to have £200 left this month so may be able to do it with this month and octobers free money.

Shame we have to spend it on this but then it means my extra £70 a month in my pay packet is mine then rather than paying it to college!

Going okay grocery wise. I have to total up my reciepts i think. Have a £6 off £40 spend voucher for the weekend so i will make use of that

My slow cooker is cooking 4 days worth of beef casserole for OH and I :D We have put lentils in it for the first time! I hope it will taste okay!

:(:(:( bad news is we have been given 10 weeks notice to leave our rented house as they are selling it :(:(:(:(

Could be a silver lining as it may force my uncle to sort out his house for us which he promised us a year ago. It is exactly the same house as ours except it will be £150 cheaper! So if he does get it sorted (not getting my hopes up as he has upset me a lot by letting me down) then we could be a lot better off!!

Right off to spend an hour with DD2 before we go to get DD1 from school and go swimming xx
    Orange Fairy
    House Purchased April 19 :) CC1=? CC2=? DH CC= Mortgage Overpay = £0 Savings = £0 Xmas savings = £0 Weightloss = 0 lb

• OrangeFairy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5621270&l=61cc442e45&id=656780753

DD2 on the right, DD1 on the left is 2.5 years older! Pretty much the same size though! x
    Orange Fairy
    House Purchased April 19 :) CC1=? CC2=? DH CC= Mortgage Overpay = £0 Savings = £0 Xmas savings = £0 Weightloss = 0 lb

• penelopedee_2
    Options
    Kel, they look lovely, bless them :)

Sorry to hear about your house though, I really hope your Uncle's place ends up as suitable.

Take care x
    This time I haven't smoked since 6th Jan 2014 and still going ok.
    Fingers crossed x
  • jtr2803
    jtr2803 Posts: 3,232 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Kel, the house sounds like a nightmare :( any word fro your Uncle yet? Could your parents put some pressure on him at all?

I saw the christening pics on FB, the girls looked so lovely! I have to say though that in one pic I thought you were one of your girls or your sister - you looked SO young :rotfl:. Looks like the whole family had a great day :T.

Very happily married on 10th April 2013 :D
    Spero Meliora
    Trying to find a cure for Maldivesitis :rotfl:
  • OrangeFairy
    Options
    No word from my Uncle yet!!

LOL i do look young. I have had people ask for my parents when they have knocked at our front door before! lol

Had a bargain today.

DD2 needs a certain skirt now for ballet. They are £13.50 new. However a family friend just bought one for her daughter before she found out they don't need them now they have moved up a grade.

So it has only been worn about 3 times. I tried to offer her £10 as it is prtty much new but she would only take £5. Bargain. I did say i would buy her a drink at skittles next week!

Also DD1 need a £26 skirt for her exams, but a lady at school is giving me her daughters one for nothing. So i have done pretty well.

Was given a code for a free hallmark card the other day. Didn't even need to pay postage - used OH's and my email addresses and got 2 large personalised cards worth £5.80 each for free. They arrived today and they are awesome. That is DD2 and my sister sorted this month! :D

DD1 is pleased as she is at the age to play football in a girls club at school! My brother had small football boots and the fit so i don't need to buy them either

MR T shop today! Spent £73 but got LOADS. I have 6 freezer meals for October ready too! Had a £6 off voucher and got another for next weekend :j

OH just made my a lovely meal of pork with mozzerella and chesnut mushroons wrapped in prosicutto (sp?). We are now to settle down and watch GP qualifying :D

Have a great weekend everyone.
    Orange Fairy

• penelopedee_2
    Options
    Have a good weekend too Kel, x
    This time I haven't smoked since 6th Jan 2014 and still going ok.
    Fingers crossed x
  • jtr2803
    Options
    You seem to be attracting bargains my dear :rotfl:

Hope college goes ok tomorrow! I have 2 days of tax this week, what a joy ;)

Spero Meliora
  • OrangeFairy
    Options
    Well i have been a rubbish diary poster!

We have some good news though - we are definitely getting my Uncles house!! £150 a month saved with be fab to help on our debt free journey

Going to be a lot of hard work though. We get the keys tomorrow to start doing it up. It is in a state of half being done up, but then that was like 8 years ago and the part that is done up looks old fashioned!!!

I thought it was just going to be a lick of paint but he has tried to wallpaper every room! So all needs stripping!

Now need to get quotes on central heating and carpets. We have 7.5 weeks until we have to be out of here so that is all our weekends taken up now!

Exciting to do up a house in the way we want it - he wants to sell it at some point - but guarantees not for at least 3 years - we may be in the position to buy it off him.

Put on 1lb this week - i have been naughty and it won't dampen my spirits!

Am leaning towards starting a new MS diary to up my motivation. I have been stuck still for quite a while now and need to shift these figures

Oh and we don't need to give a deposit that we are aware of yet. Which means £700 to pay off the television would be great! :D
    Orange Fairy

• jtr2803
    Options
    Hi Kel :j,

Am so pleased about the house for you, although it needs work that must be a weight off your mind :D. It will definately keep you occupied for the next few weeks and solmetimes it's nice to have a blank canvas for you to decorate :).

£150 a month is a lot to save too, will make a big dent in your debt I am sure.

Keep us updated

x

Spero Meliora
  • OrangeFairy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Orange Fairy

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport