We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

****Littlekel's diary - Getting on the right track :-) ****

Options

Comments

• Choc-addict
    Choc-addict Posts: 1,894 Forumite
    Options
    littlekel wrote: »
    WOOHOO!

DD2 got into our chosen school!!!!!! I am so happy. Her email came through about 15 mins before my sisters email so my heart was going ten to the dozen checking my mums account!!! My sister got in too. So in that reception class there will be an Auntie and Niece in the same class!! My sister and DD are only 5 days apart in age! Were infact due one day apart but my mum went in before me!!!! Also my cousin who is 10 months younger will be in that class!! Feel sorry for their teacher!! :D

oh i am soooooo happy!!! I just want to hug DD2 but i am at work!!

Great stuff! How lovely they will all go through school together :D x
  • josiebabie
    josiebabie Posts: 1,224 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Aw brilliant Kel, really happy for you and all of your family xxx
    Nothing to report as yet...give me a minute...!
  • OrangeFairy
    OrangeFairy Posts: 2,630 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 16 April 2010 at 10:56PM
    Options
    Thanks girlies!

Had a good DFW day! NSD for me!! SO only 1 more for my target and 2 weeks until my payday!

OH is having boys night and finally used the whole drawer of fish party food from the freezer as it was his turn to cook! I have been desperate get that drawer back especially as we are freezing more homemade meals now!!! :D

ALL washing and ironing is done! OH hung washing out today in the sun and i ironed it when i got home! Well out of about 30 items 20 went straight in wardrobe and 10 ironed!! My new ironing rules! We now have only the clothes we are wearing today for the wash!! That feels pretty good!!

OH took DD1 to the beach and they went rock pooling and found crabs and a star fish. Jealous i was at work. Lovely for DD1 to have a day with Daddy though...she got a gift and an ice cream too. She has been quite an emotional little soul lately and over the holidays the quality time with us has really cheered her up.

Set up another online saver...so now i have:
    • 'Childrens Clubs' which has £16 going into it each week by standing order to cover swimming and ballet
    • 'Wedding' only has a £1 in it but is ready for when i start saving - if we do get to do it next may i will need to reduce my overpayments and pay some into here
    • 'PAD fund' this is collecting my save the change which ill put towards littlewoods at the end of each month. Also going to pay my PAD amounts into here and then pay 7 days every sunday. Starting this in may.
    Feel so much more organised now. Just waiting for Water bill and then i can see how much i will have left this month to overpay. Oh and also my tax credit amount.

My main task this month is now to not spend more than £40 on food!!!!!!

I have written a list which comes to around £28 of things we need. This leaves £11 left for things we might need which i also have a list for!! I love challenges so i am hoping we can do it!! :D

On track with cheese and milk now...i think it will last the weekend!!! Silly thing is i will be shopping for next weeks milk tomorrow but even if it is in the fridge i want the milk we have to last!! This is my CHALLENGE!! :):p;):D
    Orange Fairy
    House Purchased April 19 :) CC1=? CC2=? DH CC= Mortgage Overpay = £0 Savings = £0 Xmas savings = £0 Weightloss = 0 lb

• OrangeFairy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Shopping bits we need for the rest of the month with approx values

Spag hoops x 2 £1.00
    Basics Pizza x 2 £2.00
    Tomato soup x 2 £1.50
    Frozen Sausages pk20 £1.30
    mincemeat £3.50
    carbonara sauce x 2 £2.00
    baken beans x 2 £1.00
    Fajita mix £0.90
    Wraps £1.00
    OJ £0.50
    Milk x 6 £9.00
    School yogs x 6 £1.00
    Basics yogs x 3 £1.50
    Malt wheats x 1 £1.00
    Strong flour x 2 £1.20
    5ltr water x 2 £2.00

Total £30.40

This leaves £9.28 for any extras

Possible extras - kitchen roll , toilet roll , extra milk , crisps, fruit, water

Hopefully we can do it!!!!
    Orange Fairy
    House Purchased April 19 :) CC1=? CC2=? DH CC= Mortgage Overpay = £0 Savings = £0 Xmas savings = £0 Weightloss = 0 lb

• pixiechick99
    pixiechick99 Posts: 3,713 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning - wow I am very impressed with how organised you are on the shopping front:T I go to the supermarket thinking I'll spend £20, with my little list - then it comes to double that.....??!!!

I have a weekend all on my little ownsome though, my girls with their dad, so I am going for a no-spend-weekend, I don't need anything (and can't be a$$ed to leave the house:rotfl:)

Woohoo to Tax Credits too - my weekly amount was £17 more this week, all good. I'm looking forward to the letter with my new amount - I rang them to let them know this year's earnings will be less than last years as I dropped a day of work to go to Uni in Sept, so this year is a full yr of 4day weeks. Hope that made sense;)

Good luck with the milk/cheese challenge:beer:
    I really need to sort out a new signature!
  • Choc-addict
    Choc-addict Posts: 1,894 Forumite
    Options
    Super organised as ever Kel :T Really enjoying reading your updates at the moment as very motivating - although stuck at work so nothing getting done again at home - grrrr :mad: Still i'm sure I can catch up soon enough.

Hope you have a lovely weekend :D
  • OrangeFairy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 17 April 2010 at 3:40PM
    Options
    Excellent news about your tax credits too Milly! Yep that made sense to me!! I have change tax credit circumstances sooo many times!!! lol

Well shopping trip went well.

Forgot the fajita mix and have £6 left of milk to get. So that should be it now except for the 'possible items'

Spent £23.90 but have £6.90 left to spend on milk and mix.

So spent pretty much to the penny...little extra as got one extra set of yoghurts!

I used mysupermarket website to find the best prices on my list before we went. So OH went off to Mr S to get three items which is next to his work which he needed to go to while i was in town. Then we went to Mr T's to get the rest of the list!

Just hoping not to find too many bits we need over the next fortnight that i hadn't planned on!!

Forgot to get new work shoes today! :( so will be another day of walking funny on monday!!! Spend £10 on SIL voucher and used my £5 bodyshop voucher to get her shower gel for the kids to give her. DD1 changed her £12 set of tops in m+s (were spotty and spots apparently make her feel ill!!!) and she came away with two cardigans and a vest top...i only had to add an extra £2. So not bad!
    Orange Fairy

• pixiechick99
    pixiechick99 Posts: 3,713 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    With your fajita mix - does one pack last longer than once? Only I used to buy them, now I use a jar of Cajun spice, which I just sprinkle on the cooked chicken when it's in the pan, let it sizzle in for a minute. That jar lasts me months and months....and we have fajitas quite a lot....last night in fact, kids love them:p
    Just an idea.
    Well done for going shopping and only buying from your list - I always spot other things we 'need':rotfl:
    I really need to sort out a new signature!
  • missmental
    missmental Posts: 205 Forumite
    Options
    Hi littlekel,

Well done on getting the school place!:j I have known loads of people not getting them. Infact one of my mates is in the process of appealing at the moment. It's a massive worry isn't it and such a relief when you get in?!

Well done with the shopping budget:T. If you can do it on £40 that's amazing. I've cut down to £60 a week (for 4 of us & my kids are 16 , 19) from over £100.

Good luck with it all. And it sounds idyllic where you live by the way!

MM
    missmental stopping being mental & to be debt free by 53 :j

• OrangeFairy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Milly - this is for one meal for OH and I. I'll ask him about getting spices....he is in control of fajita cooking!!! Thanks for the tip

missmental - hello! Thanks i was sooo pleased about the school place! When my DD1 didnt get into that school 3 years ago i read the email with no idea she may not get in and i ended up in tears in a heap on the floor!! :( Our shopping budget is actually about £60 a week but we have loads of HM meals in the freezer and food in the cupboards that we only needed to spend £40 for these last two weeks. Infact this month as a 5 weeks month we will have done £48 a week for 2 adults and 2 children which is pretty good! :j

I have come on to admit my failure! I have failed in my Milk challenge!! Forgot we would use a lot with my bro and sis round for the evening!!! A lot used for tea and also OH had another protein shake!! GGRRRR these protein shakes have messed up my challenge! On a better note i have managed to do the cheese challenge!! We don't need any for tomorrow so i will start a new block on monday!! (have 5 blocks in the fridge now!!)

Freebie today....got sent a sample of Walkers Crunchy Crisps to sample as a result of a survey i completed! :D Woohoo first time i have got to test something. So a free large bag of crisps to chare this eveing!! Also the box they arrived in is a great size box for ebay items to go out in! :T

Joined up to a couple more survey sites today. Also got to remember to start using quidco!

Forgot to get work boots when i went in town today!! :mad: Mine are so worn at the heel that when i stand normally my right leg bows out!!!

Waiting for OH to get home as he is dropping my siblings back to my mums!! I'm knackered!! Won pictionary so i am happy but lost deal or no deal...yet that is down to chance more than skill!! :D:p;):)
    Orange Fairy

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport