We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

****Littlekel's diary - Getting on the right track :-) ****

Options

Comments

• anonymoose_3
    Options
    Hi Kel :wave:

I love my SC & BM too :D That's great news about the bbq :D

How are you today?
    Proud to be dealing with my debts - LBM Mar 2010

Start weight [STRIKE]11 st 8.5lbs[/STRIKE] now 10st 3lb
    £2 savers No.99 - £68 July No Spend Days 7/8

A&L [STRIKE]£202 [/STRIKE]£152 Barclaycard [STRIKE]£3882.89[/STRIKE] £3817.74 :mad:
  • OrangeFairy
    OrangeFairy Posts: 2,630 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning Moose! :D

I am great oday! Last day off before work again tomorrow. Though only have to work weds and friday! Taking the kids off to dartmoor today to Canonteign falls. Really looking forward to it. Just waiting for OH to come and slice the HM bread and i can make a picnic! (i cannot cut bread properly...they go too thin , at an angle or like doorstops!!)

The sun is shining :j:j:j:j

Went on the Canonteign falls website to find a 10% off voucher to print off :D Very MSE!

Right off we go.......
    Orange Fairy
    House Purchased April 19 :) CC1=? CC2=? DH CC= Mortgage Overpay = £0 Savings = £0 Xmas savings = £0 Weightloss = 0 lb

• josiebabie
    josiebabie Posts: 1,224 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning Kel, I am the same with bread too!!!!
    Have a lovely day today x
    Nothing to report as yet...give me a minute...!
  • Choc-addict
    Choc-addict Posts: 1,894 Forumite
    Options
    Hope you have a lovely family day, enjoy! :D
  • anonymoose_3
    Options
    Apparently people at work laugh at OH's wonky sandwiches when I've cut the bread:rotfl:
    I made rolls yesterday instead, some are huge and some are tiny I'm officially useless.
    I want to try with an electric knife, but I don't need any more kitchen gadgets and I'd probably slice my hand off:rotfl:

have a great day :D x
    Proud to be dealing with my debts - LBM Mar 2010

Start weight [STRIKE]11 st 8.5lbs[/STRIKE] now 10st 3lb
    £2 savers No.99 - £68 July No Spend Days 7/8

A&L [STRIKE]£202 [/STRIKE]£152 Barclaycard [STRIKE]£3882.89[/STRIKE] £3817.74 :mad:
  • OrangeFairy
    OrangeFairy Posts: 2,630 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Glad i am not the only one who can't cut bread!!! :D

Had a fantastic day! Did the walk up to the top of the HUGELY tall waterfall!! Really pleased with DD2 as she moans on walks that she is bored or tired etc...but she did soooo well!! She had more energy than i did! Took loads of photos and had a lovely picnic by the lake :) Then the girls played in the play area and on the assault course which they loved. Family ticket cost £17.55 so not bad at all. Let the kids pick something little from the shop. DD1 could find anything she wanted and DD2 picked a tiny ornamental goose which 'would look beautiful in my bedroom'!! It was only 95p!! Then popped to OH's Nans to say hello before coming home. Was an hour and a half drive...so naturally after a long walk and being warm in the car me and DD's feel asleep!!! I ALWAYS fall asleep in the car!! OH must think i am sooo unsociable!

Got to do some more ebaying this week.....getting really lazy! Have thing ready to put on...just can't be bothered to do it!!

Signed up online to lloyds today on a 'scheme' where they round up all your transactions to the next pound and put the difference in my nominated online savings account. I thought this was quite good...will only be small amounts but all helps.

Thinking of starting on the PAD challenge. Though have to decide whether to pay bits off littlewoods with it or put in savings account incase the wedding plans start rolling! Trying to do a detailed list of what we need for the rest of the month grocery wise!! I have £40 left and really want to stick to it! OH said it isn't too drastic as it was quite a tall challenge to fit our £240 grocery for a 5 week month so if we go a bit over we have really done very well anyway! BUT....i really want to do it!!!

Better get kiddiwinkles to bed!
    Orange Fairy
    House Purchased April 19 :) CC1=? CC2=? DH CC= Mortgage Overpay = £0 Savings = £0 Xmas savings = £0 Weightloss = 0 lb

• Choc-addict
    Choc-addict Posts: 1,894 Forumite
    Options
    Hey miss unsociable, know just how your OH feels as my OH is the same :rotfl:

Glad you had a fab day - get on and ebay, you'll feel better once you have done them ;)
  • pixiechick99
    pixiechick99 Posts: 3,713 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oooooh, I'm with lloyds - off to investigate the 'rounding up' thing:T
    Just seen you're ion N. Devon - lucky thing, whereabouts?
    I really need to sort out a new signature!
  • so_here_we_are
    Options
    Hi Littlekel

Just thought I'd pop by and say Hi and good luck, you do seem organised.

Lloyds thing is called "save the change" and I love it cause i let it build up but instead of saving it I send it once a month to my CC so its another way of bring it down, eventually I will save it but I have top priorities at the moment.

I am so envious of your walks I want to be out in the sunshine :)

SHWA
    1vs 100 £50
    5500/335.25 (5.5K COMING DOWN)
    20.00/10,000(10K GOING UP)
    Not long now
    :)
  • southantrim3
    Options
    Hi Littlekel - enjoying your diary. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport