Debt at LBM - £11,505
Debt 2011 = [STRIKE]8K[/STRIKE] £7760 - DF in July 2013
DMP Paddle no. 1 Sealed Pot No. 1375
Grocery Challenge Aug £418.31/£450 Sept £ /£450

Comments

• newbeginning_2
    newbeginning_2 Posts: 1,094 Forumite
    Wow.... Shiny new thread :D

Have posted link to this one on the old one, so hopefully no-one will get lost in the move
  • My dmp officially starts today. April fool in more ways than one. Other than the "you have not paid..." coming with the new bills I have not heard yet from any creditor. Joys probably coming this month when PP send money to them. Like the new title.
    Paddle No 21 :wave:
  • mamajojo
    mamajojo Posts: 630 Forumite
    :rotfl::rotfl:loving the title nataz!:rotfl::rotfl::jfor your shinny new star to you with a shinny new thread!:j

:j Gibbs:j am liking your offical start date - feels good to be offical! The phones have stayed quiet since we started a month ago. Hold tight!

Must not sit here must dd to school for easter bonnet comp....so she can feel the misery of losing. She's done it all herself so no chance of winning!:(

Am rubbish can't think of anything april fooly!:D
    DMP mutual support thread member 371
    LBM Jan 2010
    DMP Paddle No 2
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Like the shiny new thread.

We still haven't started our DMP. I am all ready, new bank account, but DH just wants to keep plodding on trying to keep up with all the debts in the old bank account and in the mean time not paying in the £150 he needs to in the new account, which tops up my wages and makes sure we have enough money to live on and pay all th secure bills:mad:

Just can't get through to him that a DMP is the only way we are ever going to make headway with the debt. He is soo concerned with his credit rating which will be carp anyway because we are going to start missing payments:mad:

Sorry rant over, just sick of working hard and never having enough money to do really simple things like take the kids anywhere on the Easter hols.

So frustrated at the mo:eek:
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • newbeginning_2
    newbeginning_2 Posts: 1,094 Forumite
    Julie - I know how frustrating that can be, my OH was the same only his answer to everything was 'It'll be alright - something will come up' in the end I just told him we were doing it.
  • true27
    true27 Posts: 1,569
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Awww lovely new thread with an awesome title!!

:hello: Hi everyone :grouphug: dodgy hugs all round xxx
    Paddle #8 DFW Nerd #1284
  • Good morning all,

Just aswell I kept up with the pages this morning!!!
    Love the new thread it is sooooo shiny:j:j:j:j

Well done Nataz once again is it was not for you we would never have all met!!:beer:
    I think I missed out on the shampoo last night but I have to say for me it was Veuve Cliquot. That too is why I'm in this mess (well a little bit was shampoo) the rest was just living.

Just waiting for the post before I go to work and encourage people to spend there hard earned cash!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Live for Today, Nobody is guaranteed Tomorrow:happylove
  • pure_dead_dopey
    pure_dead_dopey Posts: 2,215 Forumite
    Morning petals
    Lovely new thread for all of us lovely people, hope there is nothing connecting the start day to the date????
    Oh did not kill anyone at Crap One so I think we may go down the CCA route, they are either just mucking about because they can't be bothered or are hiding something, ie no signature, but we just can't be bothered any more. We opened tha coount sometime in the nineties so good chance they have nothing, nada, big empty space.

Julie, give him a good slap and go ahead
    Gibbs welcome to the official bunch, I feel sure it will be OK, 21 out of 22 agreed and 20 stopping interest, so we're doing not bad, and no one has really phoned, only pains are Capital One who have no idea what they're doing. Oh and had a lovely letter from Lloyds yesterday, they've had a careful look at my account and think they would be better to reduce the limit by £200!!!! Right hand left hand????
    More than Two Years in

Doing it the Niddy way:j:j:j

• Pinch Punch Everyone!!

Can I join you on your shiny new page?? I have read some of the posts from the last thread and you're all an inspiration (haven't worked out how to use the smilies yet to bear with me!)

I started my DMP with CCCS...TODAY!! Have had months of cold sweats and tears and now I'm just calm and feel so much in control. My creditors are: Aqua, Barclaycard, Egg, HSBC, Next and Vanquis. Only Next and Vanquis have confirmed acceptance in writing but I've not had a call from a single one of them since end of Jan when I told them all I was getting in touch wit CCCS...

I'm not going to get too excited though, it just seems a lil too quiet....
    "The safest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it in your pocket." :p
  • pure_dead_dopey
    pure_dead_dopey Posts: 2,215 Forumite
    Welcome Luvza

We are a bunch, that's for sure. Congratulations on starting to-day, and keep posting, most of us are a wee bit further on so if you need to ask anything, fire away.
    Be positive, most of the creditors have been OK, a bit thick, but OK.
    have a good first day..............
    More than Two Years in

Doing it the Niddy way:j:j:j

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills