Without a Paddle... THREAD CLOSED!

Options

Comments

• huskypup
    huskypup Posts: 169 Forumite
    Options
    Yes two at the moment, had several over the years.
  • true27
    true27 Posts: 1,569 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Awwwwww!! I've always wanted a husky/mally! Had a Mally/GSD cross a few years back - she was a nutter!
    Paddle #8 DFW Nerd #1284
  • thewad
    thewad Posts: 330 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mine starts today as well.
    Made the first payment at P.O. in cash on Tuesday.
    Won't be doing that again, costs £2.50, DD next time.
    I have 11 creditors and have only heard from 5 and 4 have accepted.
    2 of the creditors were the wife's and mine Debenham cards.
    £95 and £165 respectively the smallest 2 of the lot by far.
    They have accepted wife's debt on the plan but not mine, strange!!!

Regards
    The Wad
    :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
    If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat. :beer::beer:
  • funkyfish586
    Options
    Hi all, im new to this thread soo hi :)

we started on th dmp in dec & am finding it tough but were getting there. Im 5months pregnant today as well :) ! x
    "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad."
  • LuvzaBargin
    Options
    huskypup wrote: »
    Hi Can I join your band of merry DMPer's - we officially start our DMP 01 May with CCCS but have been living on the budget set by them for two months - and paying token payments, so we have some back up money in the bank - good job as last month my cat went to rainbow bridge, my car packed up and HB got his OOA brought forward to Afghan and flys this weekend - so far this year its been rubbish - though we had out lightbuld moment - so that has gotta be good.

At least the sun is shining - may need you guys to get me through the next 6 months - typical man though - disapeers when all the phone calls and letters start - bless him.

Hey Husky :wave:
    I'm a noobie too and I can see myself getting very distracted by the crew!!
    Sorry that the year so far hasn't been great but it will def get better.. these guys like to give lots of dodgy hugs so you'll be well taken care of ;)
    "The safest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it in your pocket." :p
  • LuvzaBargin
    Options
    Hi all, im new to this thread soo hi :)

we started on th dmp in dec & am finding it tough but were getting there. Im 5months pregnant today as well :) ! x

Hi funkyfish (and fellow noobie):T
    Seems like we're in the right place to get through these tough times...I've seen cakes and everything on here!!;)

And congrats on the expected baby funkyfish!! :beer:
    "The safest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it in your pocket." :p
  • pollywoggle
    pollywoggle Posts: 104 Forumite
    Options
    :D Hi Ya, can I join you all, have officially started my DMP today, going down the PO in a minute to make 1st payment.

:mad: Have sent all the creditors all the right stuff and have heard nothing or they have completely ignored it. Lloyds my biggest one don't even seem to have realizes the DD has been cancelled.

:mad: Cap one still phone a dozen times a day, have given up trying to explain and now just screen their calls, same with the automated ones from Ambrose wilson,

:j nice to get into the second week after pay day and still have money in the bank and not be scratching around robbing peter to pay paul.
    :A will even have spare cash to take mother out for lunch on her birthday :T
    life sometimes gets in the way of good intentions:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    LBM :idea: march2010 at £22,000_pale_

DMP Paddle no: 17 :T

:j [STRIKE]£8o [/STRIKE] £270 from E-Bay so far this month :j
  • Rhian82
    Rhian82 Posts: 110 Forumite
    Options
    I'm dreading Cap1, it's the smallest amount but from what I've read on here they're bound to be the worst.

Mother in law is visiting next week and will be looking after our son for a few days while we're at work - we're going to divert all our house calls to DH's mobile for that period as she doesn't know anything about all this and would really worry and fret if she did.

Have to say, looking at our bank account and knowing we can pay all our utility bills etc is wonderful. Still not sure how the car's going to go but at least the council tax is paid!
  • newbeginning_2
    newbeginning_2 Posts: 1,094 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies :wave:

Husky - Things will get better, the lightbulb moment guarantee's that, meanwhile have one of our famous dodgy hugs!! :grouphug:

Thewad - I started 1st of Feb and up to now I've only had 3 outof 11 acknowledge DMP - but barclaycard have stopped interest, didn't tell us though just stopped ringing and changed statement so sometimes no news is good news!!

Funkyfish - Congrats on the Bump!!

We started on 1st Feb and the only phonecalls we get now are barclaycard. We're doing a joint DMP, and between us we had 3 credit cards with them :eek::eek:, my two have stopped interest but OH's still adding interest - thats the smallest debt as well :mad:

As for Capital One, they haven't rang for ages, or even sent a statement - maybe they've forgotten about us :rotfl:
  • pollywoggle
    pollywoggle Posts: 104 Forumite
    Options
    can someone help, I started off taking everyones advice and was quite sure what I was doing, now I have to say I'm feeling a bit confused.
    Got my pack from cccs this morning which spells out who's getting what, no problems there.
    I've been having calls from cap one in which they demand debit card payment over the phone, explained to them that am on DMP starting 1st April(did also send cccs letters to everyone too) they say they dont care and want payment now, so have started ignoring their calls, is that wrong?
    Ambrose wilson have sent me 4 letters this morning, one of which is from Reliable collections saying they are handeling the account now and will be sending a door step collector to my house, again they have all had letters and I've answered their calls telling them about cccs, again they say they dont care and want payment now over the phone, they tried to get me to go with their DMP company. so again have stopped taking their calls, is this allowed, cause cccs say not to ignore creditors. Does anyone think they will turn up on my door step.
    letter from very asking me to contact them, and if I dont they will expect normal payments to resume.
    should I contact all these people again or sit tight and wait for them to react to the cccs.
    sorry about the long ramble and I hope you can understand what I've written, but begining to feel that I've got my self stuck between a rock and a hard place, was feeling confident earlier until I started reading other posts on here and the post arrived, now feel like chucking my self under a bus
    life sometimes gets in the way of good intentions:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    LBM :idea: march2010 at £22,000_pale_

DMP Paddle no: 17 :T

:j [STRIKE]£8o [/STRIKE] £270 from E-Bay so far this month :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business