Without a Paddle... THREAD CLOSED!

Options

Comments

• Rhian82
    Rhian82 Posts: 110 Forumite
    Options
    <Hugs> Sounds horrible.

We haven't got to that stage yet, but our plan is to say that we've informed them that we wish all correspondence to be carried out in writing, so they need to do that, and that we'll hang up on them - and then do so.

From reading here, it should get better, you just have to get through this stage first, horrid as it is.
  • nataz
    nataz Posts: 435 Forumite
    Options
    Wow more newbies, we're getting bigger by the second :D

Pollywoggle first things first try not to panic, creditors do this sort of thing to everyone, they always demand money and some threaten door stop visitors. You've informed them of your intentions and you WILL NOT be sending any extra payments and yes you can ignore their calls (most people on here do). If they are being a complete nuisance I would send the letter (posted on the old thread) about asking for all correspondance to be by letter. In reality they wont turn your DMP payments away but of course may still charge int etc. I would just take a deep breath and keep going, it'll all get quiet soon. And then you'll wonder why no ones ringing... I think we're all just gluten for punishment :rotfl:

Funkyfish glad you found us, and big congrats on the bump :j My youngest is 10 mths at the weekend, seems like many moons since he was an ickle (actually rather large) bump :D

Hes crying again so gotta go, ta ta for now
    Debt at LBM - £11,505
    Debt 2011 = [STRIKE]8K[/STRIKE] £7760 - DF in July 2013
    DMP Paddle no. 1 Sealed Pot No. 1375
    Grocery Challenge Aug £418.31/£450 Sept £ /£450
  • newbeginning_2
    newbeginning_2 Posts: 1,094 Forumite
    Options
    Pollywoggle - Unplug the phone, you've told them what's happening, all they are doing is trying to bully you into paying more, they don't have to ring you, they don't even need to have a phone number for you, there is a template letter knocking about somewhere asking them to remove your telephone number and only write to you, (if I can find it I'll post it up here).

Capital one were one of the worst for ringing all the time for us, they did actually send someone round to the house, but all things considered he was very understanding, I said DMP he said fair enough we can't have what you've not got, so try not to panic. I know it's easier said than done, but feel free to come here and rant, we're all in the same boat/raft/hanglider??
  • mamajojo
    mamajojo Posts: 630 Forumite
    Options
    Polly - can you phone cccs about what to do about Ambrose Wilson and to put your mind at rest.
    Does the letter say they will or may send a collecor, if may they might be just trying to put the frighteners on you.

CCCs booklet Says if one should call at your home just to say youre on a dmp with cccs explain the amount of money available to pay the debt and not to give them any money.

Crap One seem to be in a league of their own... if you feel up to it answer and give them the dmp cccs number lines again. If not ignore them, half the time there probably isn't asnyonne on the phone anyway. In the end it seemed to me you'd to go with the calls until you got the right person who could press the stop calling button.

I'm sure it'll quieten down hun!
    DMP mutual support thread member 371
    LBM Jan 2010
    DMP Paddle No 2
  • newbeginning_2
    Options
    Harassment letters and asking them to remove telephone no's info......

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=11571485&postcount=4
  • mamajojo
    mamajojo Posts: 630 Forumite
    Options
    :hello:Hello new peeps!
    Got to be fast easter hols have started properly now so that's me squished by my little band of madness.....Teds are you surviving yours? I think that's why we've not heard from you... or are you working on the raft?

Just looked at the bad IF online account and for all of yesterdays no nono no noooooooo no you can't have it back they seem to have sent the bt money. We'll see if it arrives in the co-op account!
    DMP mutual support thread member 371
    LBM Jan 2010
    DMP Paddle No 2
  • newbeginning_2
    Options
    Mama - Great news on BT money, keeping my fingers crossed that it arrives in the Co-op account for you.
  • pure_dead_dopey
    pure_dead_dopey Posts: 2,215 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon All

back from the seaside in the snow, peculier mixture. Welcome newbies, we are growing a bit now. Pollywoggle, don't worry they are just trying it on, just do the name and CCCS number bit and eventually they'll get fed up and stop phoning. If and its agreat big IF anyone comes to the door they have about the same rights as the paperboy so just tell them to get lost, if they don't move off phone the police, cos they are not allowed to do this. But remmber it costs a lot to send a body out to your house, so mostly its just threats, Husky would maybe lend a puppy to chew them???
    Polly was it you and Lloyds, it took lloyds 2.5 months to notice that I had cancelled my DD, not exactly on the ball are they? and now yesterday the reduced my credit limit by £200 because they had been looking at my account, nitwits, all of them.

Have a good Easter Thursday, can we do the eggs yet???
    More than Two Years in

Doing it the Niddy way:j:j:j

• Rhian82
    Rhian82 Posts: 110 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, fingers crossed for the BT money.
  • pure_dead_dopey
    pure_dead_dopey Posts: 2,215 Forumite
    Options
    mama fingers and toes crossed for the bT wonga

now can we do Easter eggs????:easter_ba:easter_ba:easter_ba

:icotbaske aw bunnies too