Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

Old style things that 'only you' do... - Page 91

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Old style things that 'only you' do...

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
904 replies 250K views
1858687888991»

Replies

• FunBrumFunBrum Forumite
    716 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    JackieO wrote: »
    About 16 years ago my late OH gave me such a lovely Christmas card I told him I never wanted him to get me another one and every year I got it out and it went on the mantlepiece. I would write the date on the back .

It had such lovely words and summed up our long and happy marriage.I sadly lost him to a heart attack in 2003, but every year I still get the card out and put the date on the back and put it up on the mantlepiece as usual. My DDs always look to see 'Dad's soppy card to Mum' every year and its become a tradition.

They have said that when I shuffle off this mortal coil it will come with me in my box :) and I am quite happy with that as we shall be buried together anyway. Sentimental, yes probably, but I don't care.

My two DDs know how much of a partnership we were and used to call us 'pepper and salt' as you never saw one of us without the other as a rule ;););)

I remember you loosing your husband JackieO:(
    I can't believe it's been so long!
    Hugs to you hun :A
    Living a frugal retirement without treading on the planet :T
    Womble #17- £2,018.41 €2
    TURTLES NSD's 01/31
    FLC £3000/£2,328.12
    CCCC2016 #10 £19 monthly spends on clothes
    Wombled nectar points=728 Wombled Boots points=316
  • VJsmumVJsmum Forumite
    6.3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    katkin wrote: »
    ^

I like to sew and I'm the only one I know who's made reusable cloth sanitary wear, small face cleaning and make up wipe cloths and reusable fabric kitchen roll :p

No wonder my family think I'm eccentric :rotfl:

I am about to make small cotton rounds for make up - i bought a brushed cotton sheet from a charity shop for 50p and plan a lovely afternoon watching the box and stitching.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • katkinkatkin Forumite
    955 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    VJsmum wrote: »
    I am about to make small cotton rounds for make up - i bought a brushed cotton sheet from a charity shop for 50p and plan a lovely afternoon watching the box and stitching.

Good stuff VJsmum. I hope you like them.

My last batch (I have 14, little squares) I melted some coconut oil with olive oil, added few drops of tea tree and lavender and soaked them in it. Voila - moisturising wipes, for buttons :money:

I keep them in an old coconut oil glass jar, dead easy to sterilise.
  • I have just finished reading this thread and I have to say there are some fantastic ideas here.  I do some of them already but I will be reinstating ones I had forgotten about as well as starting some new things.  Thanks all.

Lisa

Fashion on a Ration Challenge 2020 - (19 coupons carried over + 66 coupons = 85 coupons) 60.5 coupons spent, 24.5 coupons left

Make Do, Mend and Minimise

Frugal Living 2020