PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

April 2010 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Welsh_Poppy
    Welsh_Poppy Posts: 979 Forumite
    Options
    hex2 wrote: »
    We found them on Friday ads, from a fairly local farm in Leicestershire. I was looking at named varieties from £12 upwards at local breeders but given that I don't want chicks and we dont eat them these are fine - £40 seems scarily excessive :eek:. He had c200 for sale at 18 weeks old. I have rescued them from a future life as barn hens - not as bad as battery but still not nice. Worth looking at the noticeboards in pets at home etc if you cant find anything in Friday ads or free ads. I just googled point of lay hens and the county. We got the last ones from the noticeboard in the local farm shop for £5 a head for one year old marans, so £6 for POL heinzs seemes reasonable.

I cracked and went to the co-op :o. All of £5 on on offer tuna, penguins for lunchboxes and some reduced carrots and potatoes.[/QUOTE
    Thanks will look in pet shop and free ads and thanks for battery hen link:T
    will also google.
    Weight loss challenge 66lb to go /59lb's lost

Grocery Budget January £150/£175
    Feb £150/
  • highland_fling_2
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    seem to have returned to winter here. Very wild outside. Plan a nsd today as don't think I need anything. Will use up left overs and fresh veg for dinner.
    Will stay inside nice and cosy and take out my sewing box and do a few small repairs that I have been meaning to do for ages.
    It takes a long time to eat an elephant and I'm doing it a bite at a time!!!
  • gin
    gin Posts: 260 Forumite
    Options
    Just got back from Asda, will update sig soon. Planning to go to Aldi tomorrow for super 6, and Morrisons on Thurs for the Muller Lights on offer, so no NSDs for me for a while, but I do have lots of food in. £42.24 spent, but stocked up on Plenty (2 rolls for £1) and Fairy (70p each), and lots of nappies as the sickness bug has moved south and I am not using washables while it's this unpleasant!:eek:
  • Bluefire
    Bluefire Posts: 476 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    £10.89 in Morrisons yesterday (had to get the Muller lights while they're on at 12 for £2!) 79p on eggs from the cornershop & £1.50 on some strawberries & peppers from the local market.
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]08/13 £28,896.49[/STRIKE] 01/18 £0
  • Long_tall_sally
    Options
    NSD yesterday for me apart from coffees & icecreams when we went out for the day to Conkers. I do want to go to Morrisons later for the yogurts but seeing as the kids aren't even dressed yet & certainly seem in no hurry to either, we shall see!
    Grocery aim £450pm.Spent £519 August, £584 July, £544 June, £541 May, £549 April, £517 March, £517 Feb,£555 Jan, £573 Dec, £465Nov, £561Oct, £493Sept, £426Aug,£496 Jul, £528Jun, £506May,£498April, £558 March, £500Feb, £500 Jan, £490 Dec, £555 Nov,£566 Oct, £505Sept, £450Aug, £410 July, £437 June, £491 May, £471 April, £440 March, £552Feb, £462Jan
  • GemmaBuckle
    GemmaBuckle Posts: 115 Forumite
    Options
    Hi - Can I rejoin please? I'm aiming for £150 this month - having narrowly missed it last month I'm going to try REALLY hard to get the total down a bit.
    Gxx
    Grocery Challenge 2010:
    Jan: £163.69/£150 :mad: Feb: £84.27/£150 :D Mar: £150.84/£150 :cool: Apr: ??/£150
    Debt free since 08/04/10
  • jintyb
    jintyb Posts: 1,758 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    wssla00 wrote: »
    Yeah it's really easy- if I can do it anyone can. I made strawberry and raspberry yoghurt yesterday by adding a blob of home made jam into the plain yoghurt and mixing vigorously until it was combined. It looks and tastes yum.

The base is going to be a tin of peaches with some sugar added and boiled until it resembles a runny jam and then will be placed in the bottom of the little plastic pots I have and topped with plain yoghurt. Or you can mix it in if you want it like a normal yoghurt.

Pretty good stuff really. Especially as im using Smart price peaches!
    Spend for this week- Asda delivery, £43.00 to be delivered on Sunday

Thanks for that! Have bought an Easiyo starter pack from ebay for £10 which comes with a sachet and a fruit squirt which will get me going! Do use the sachets and if so where do you buy? Or do you use the
    a starter + UHT milk method?
    Sorry to bombard you with questions, I'm very excited about this!!:j

you will always be rich enough to be generous.
  • cookiemum
    cookiemum Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Updated signature - had a trip to the cinema with the kids and they were starving so a quick visit to the golden arches. Also a small shop in Morrisons- joint of beef ,veg and milk. We go through so much milk I'm sure it would be cheaper to own a cow! :rotfl:

February Grocery Challenge £301.46/300
    To feed - Me, DH, DD, DS and 1 dog

• mummyleads
    mummyleads Posts: 97 Forumite
    edited 6 April 2010 at 2:23PM
    Options
    hiya please could i join you as i have joined you in the past but given up but am back on track now and on a strict bugget as i need to save some money fast we can go on like this any more food spends in this house are unreal iuseally spend around £150 a week but am going for a mt buget of £200 on supermarket and £30 on buchers do you think that will be ok i really could do with some help and guidence ty :j
    i have dislexia sorry about my spelling :eek:
  • wssla00
    wssla00 Posts: 1,875 Forumite
    Options
    jintyb wrote: »
    Thanks for that! Have bought an Easiyo starter pack from ebay for £10 which comes with a sachet and a fruit squirt which will get me going! Do use the sachets and if so where do you buy? Or do you use the
    a starter + UHT milk method?
    Sorry to bombard you with questions, I'm very excited about this!!:j

At the moment I'm currently using up a box of greek I bought in January from Lakeland. I'm quite lucky as I have a lakeland very close to me so I don't need to worry about postage costs. Very good stuff the greek- be warned though, not too good for the hips. LOL

I got mine off Ebay too! Just after christmas lol- seems someone didn't like their christmas present :eek:

I use the other one too but I think i spoiled myself with the Greek yoghurt as I keep going back to that- especially as it's so easy.

It is quite exciting and since having that the bread maker and a milk delivery, I haven't had to just "pop" into a shop and spend £20 on things I didn't need.

The thread on the easiyo is very good too, and I seem to be forever on there asking questions lol!

Going to be another NSD here for me!

Enjoy your day folks!
    Feb GC: £200 Spent: £190.79
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills