897 replies 59.4K views

Replies

• edited 5 April 2010 at 8:03PM
    mrssnowy_2mrssnowy_2 Forumite
    403 posts
    PPI Party Pooper Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭
    edited 5 April 2010 at 8:03PM
    MrsM please may I declare £163.22 for March.

However I am now up to £102 ,shop-in-the-shed and cupboards are full,but BOTH daughters and ALL 3 DGC are here for the week:eek:,chaos will reign.

Will be back next week

mrss
    You can't stay young for ever,but you can be immature for the rest of your life.
  • HowlinWolfHowlinWolf Forumite
    498 posts
    I've totted up my spending since the last week in March (which I am including in April's challenge). So far we have spent 156.54.
    Sealed pot member 735
    Frugal Living Challenge 2011
    GC 2011 404.92/2400
  • Kornishcat-re the bread. I found that making the water a little hotter and cutting down the yeast a little gave me a better mix. Maybe when you take it out of the BM you could cover it and let it rise again for half an hour or so otherwise-Ive not tried that but it should help.
    I overspent last month but Im still on target for the quarter year-still slightly under. Had a few expenses which I didnt add in such as vets bills-just had an expensive month so Im hoping that April will be better. I did spend about £80 on gardening stuff-(£20 on compost alone)plus a lot of booze and easter eggs so I know how it whittled away but some of the gardening stuff will pay dividends in the summer-especially all the seeds compost and pots-ours were past using. We ddoo have 3 compost bins but its amazing how much we need. All the little green leaves are showing now so we are hopeful for a good crop.
    On a diet this month-low carb so have bought lots of good veggies salad and protein foods-no "manufactured muck". Lidl have some really good quality foods lately and their sausages are very high meat content. Also low carb content which seems to be a good indicator. Waitrose have got tight with vouchers and wont take them now unless you buy the item so my voucher days are over it seems. All of my bread was reduced last week in Tesco on a latenight shop. Bought some seeds to add to the next few batches I make.
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • SunnydaySunnyday Forumite
    3.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi peeps,

just popped on to update my siggy, i thought i`d done it a couple of days ago but it seems not :D

Still on track - ish, just need to be careful over the next couple of weeks.

Angelatgraceland - I`m low carbing too atm and its a bit heavy on the old budget :o

Ah well onwards and upwards (i hope):)

SD
    Planning on starting the GC again soon :p
  • rachbcrachbc Forumite
    4.5K posts
    I'm setting £350 again - although we came in well under last month i want to establish whats comfortable for us for a couple of months

Thats inc household/ cleaning bits, toiletries and cat food. 2 adults, 12 yo ds and 3 yo dd
    People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • ellemmellemm Forumite
    11.3K posts
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Perhaps of interest to those new to growing veg -

New gardening programme starting BBC 2 Wednesday at 8 pm with Alys Fowler from Gardener's World called The Edible Garden showing how to grow veg amongst your flowers in your back garden.

I love my flowers too much to give over my small patch entirely to veg, and there are only 2 of us so this is what I did last year and plan to do again this year-if it only gets warm enough to make a start ;)

Have had a lovely relaxing weekend doing very little actually and as it is wet and windy here today the planned drive to the coast will be out I'm afraid :eek:.

Meal planned for rest of week, all from freezer and a bit of baking to make some dents in the well stocked cupboards :cool:

See you later in the week.

• BigMummaFBigMummaF Forumite
    4.3K posts
    Fingers X & touching every bit of wood I can find among the sticky-backed plastic!, it looks like the poota demons have finally moved on :T
    I haven't had a chance to add up last month's totals yet, but suddenly realised I had set an unrealistic target of 50p per person per meal since Jan, altho £7 all-in per day sounded a lot more :o No small wonder then, that I continually exceeded my proposed budget :doh:I'll go for £7:50 per day starting today, so that gives me
    £195 please MrsMc.
    Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• Good morning everyone,

after the beautiful day we had yesterday today is wet and windy and very cold. One thing you never get bored of here is the weather.

Just had a late breakfast of scrambled egg and toast, have been up for hours but have been doing some paperwork for my job.

Off to put sausage casserole in to the SC as it is a day for comfort food. Wasn't what I had planned but have reorganised a couple of days. Hope to use some of dry ingredients from cupboard this month as some have been there a long time. Might make some dumplings to have with casserole.

Hope you all have a frugal day, will be a NSD for me as it is too miserable to venture out.
    It takes a long time to eat an elephant and I'm doing it a bite at a time!!!
  • laurasavonlaurasavon Forumite
    475 posts
    I did really badly last month, so hoping to go for £150 for April, i've done a meal plan for the next 2 weeks from things I have in the cupboard i'll just need a few fresh bits to go with them

Hubby has already spent £5.51 though and we had a pizza hut saturday night so that was £20 - not a great start!
    Jan 2010 - Overdraft £9,500 / Credit Cards £5,000 / Loan £9,500 / Mortgage £128,000
    Jun 2010 - Overdraft £0 / Credit Card £0 / Loan £0 / Mortgage £125,250
    Oct 2011 - Overdraft £7,000 :mad: / Mortgage £115,295
    Dec 2014 - Overdrafts 15,000 / Credit Cards 16,000 / Loans 25,000 / Cars 18,000 / Mortgages 232,500
  • gingin Forumite
    260 posts
    2am my 2 year old started being sick so I predict a NSD today as we cwtch on the sofa watching kiddies' tv. Poor thing. :(