Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

April 2010 Grocery Challenge - Page 90

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

April 2010 Grocery Challenge

edited 28 March 2010 at 2:29PM in Old Style MoneySaving
897 replies 59.4K views
1848586878890»

Replies

• katenutkatenut Forumite
    530 posts
    Hi everyone, declaring £87.29 spent out of my budget of £170 for April - not as good as it looks as we were away for the last 10 days of the month, which comes from a different budget.
    Trying to jump back onto the moneysaving wagon .... :cool:
  • SpiggleSpiggle Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

I think my declaration for the month may have got missed. Declaring at £212.82 for April please MrsM.

Thanks very much,
    Spigs
    Mortgage Free October 2013 :T
  • Just realised that I hadn't posted my total for this month. Mrs M can you put Long tall sally down for £454.66 for April please
    Grocery aim £450pm.Spent £519 August, £584 July, £544 June, £541 May, £549 April, £517 March, £517 Feb,£555 Jan, £573 Dec, £465Nov, £561Oct, £493Sept, £426Aug,£496 Jul, £528Jun, £506May,£498April, £558 March, £500Feb, £500 Jan, £490 Dec, £555 Nov,£566 Oct, £505Sept, £450Aug, £410 July, £437 June, £491 May, £471 April, £440 March, £552Feb, £462Jan
  • mama67mama67 Forumite
    1.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Billie-jo wrote: »
    Hope everyone is well today and the sun is shining for you where ever you are.
    Well my shopping total today was £31.85 so over from the £25 I reckoned on. :( I did pick up a few extras but only some fish, salad and coleslaw so not to bad and then nipped into W*lko's and got two 2lb loaf tins, couldnt find any 1lb ones which also wanted. I was looking for some of the paper liners for the tins but they didnt seem to stock them - anyone know where they can be brought from?

So in all a total of £255.83 spent to date, there will be the butchers to visit on Sat and also some extra f & V and perhaps bread in the week. Have £44.17 left out of budget though to last until 28th so we will see.
    If I manage to shop within the budget budget set this first time I shall be over the moon. I know I still have a higher GC than many on here for amount of mouths to feed but even this £300 is a £100 less than normal :j Off to update signature now and then hopefully finish cleaning the shed out. Took a car full of things to cancer charity shop yesterday.
    Don't know if this has been answered yet haven't read all replies, but I buy cake tin liners from lakeland, they do all sorts of sizes and they are very good.
    2 adults, 2 boys (:footie: sports mad big eaters) (25 & 21)
    My mother always served up leftovers we never knew what the original meal was. - Tracey Ulman
  • Keiss_21Keiss_21 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    mama67 wrote: »
    Don't know if this has been answered yet haven't read all replies, but I buy cake tin liners from lakeland, they do all sorts of sizes and they are very good.
    Yup, I use Lakeland ones too...great, and the bread doesn't stick!! (once oiled and floured of course). I make four at a time, allow to cool, then slice and freeze the ones we don't need right away....means I only bake bread once a week...much easier! :)

13 projects in 2013: 7/13
    Cross-stitch Club Member no 13
    Weight loss since 24/06/2012: 30lb

• Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • This is the only way I can remotely keep on track so I am going to have to keep coming back :o- don't get me wrong I absolutely love reading through all the posts but my other decluttering/flyladieswork/knitting goes down to zilch! ah well never mind -saving money is the order of the day so I am declaring at £309 for April and I'll see you lovely lot on the May challenge! can't wait to start afresh (after a quick use up of all the old stuff!);)
    May you fill up the great clutterbucket of life and may all of your leaks be in cheese sauce:D
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without:cool:
  • poppy-glospoppy-glos Forumite
    478 posts
    declaring 292.05 for april

thanks

p x
    nov grocery challenge, £.227.69/300, 9/25 nsd: , 7 Cmo, 10 egm.
    Me, 10 yo dd, and the dog. all food and drinks, in and out, plus household shopping.