Any August 2011 brides????

Options

Comments

• Domsmummy
    Domsmummy Posts: 88 Forumite
    Options
    Also same day as me. Were looking at having bbq but for 70 people!!
    Isica im having 2 bridesmaids then my DD as flowergirl and DS as pageboy. I couldn't handle anymore than that. Im meant to be going to look at dresses on fri just to actually see one in the flesh. wn't be trying any on as im heavily pregnant but could be last time i get chance to look for a while.
    Mum to one gorgeous little boy and one gorgeous little girl.

Getting married 27th Aug 2011
  • Primmer
    Primmer Posts: 2,187 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I am having 6 bridesmaids!!! 3 are children and three are adults so should be ok;)
  • Mrsbibbs
    Mrsbibbs Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Im having 2 both of my step kids and my grandson, years ago when we first talked about getting married I was going to have his sister ( who would be 41) and my neice as well but to be honest I live in kettering one lives in luton the other in the borders so lots of hassle, and my health just couldnt cope with the stress ( i suffer from cronic back ache and reflux disease) but the probllems it has caused arent worth it, i ended up saying to my neice, we just cannot afford it we have both been married before and dont want the pomosity? of a formal wedding we have no top table either, cant wait to be honest am looking forward to having our day :0)
  • welshbride
    welshbride Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    booked my venue in january for august 2011 cant wait! have you all done much yet?
  • GemzyKate
    GemzyKate Posts: 211 Forumite
    Options
    So far, we have booked the venue, booked the photographer and i'm pretty much all set with my dress. Tried to book the band, but they are already booked up that day :-( !! Just got to book the registrar in August and then i'm chilling out for a bit!! In between all that I got myself a second job working a bar! Hows everyone else getting on? x
  • Primmer
    Options
    So far I have booked the church, reception venue and photographer and have got wedding insurance sorted.
    Feel unsure about looking for dress yet as worried that if I pick one now I may change my mind later and also I want to lose some weight first!
  • Primmer
    Options
    So how are we all getting on, anyone got their dress yet?
  • MrsD2be_2
    Options
    Newbie!
    Am getting married August 20th 2011, venue booked, disco booked, dress in storage waiting for the big day, registrar deposit paid!
    Have been lurking on the forum for ages wondering why no-one was getting married in August 2011!!!!
  • Primmer
    Options
    Welcome to the thread MrsDtobe - you sound very organised! I just seem to have hit a lull at moment but have booked church, reception venue and photographer. Dress is next I think!!
  • chelle2k9
    chelle2k9 Posts: 139 Forumite
    Options
    I have my dress and bridesmaids dresses all ordered should be here in 6 months r so :) my dress wasnt very MSE but I don't really mind because we made cut backs in other areas and my mum paid for it which was very unexpected and very appreciated! also my 3 lovely bridesmaids said from the start they would pay for their own dresses so this has helped enormously as well! everyone has been so helpful x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure