Couch to 5k Running - Part Two

Options

Comments

• bertiebots
    bertiebots Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Options
    We go camping in the UK every year....so I am used to rain:rotfl:. Dont fancy dodging lightening though:eek:!!!
    JAN GC- £155.77 out of £200:D FEB GC £197.31 out of £180:o. MARCH GC - out of £200
  • Gopppers
    Gopppers Posts: 610 Forumite
    Options
    ok guys, been really naughty the past week, i only did the first 2 of my week 6 run last week (conveniently avoiding the 25 min run) and this week hasn't started well... i was supposed to go to the gym last night but it never happened... i'm really slacking now :(

But on the flip sip well done to the rest of you for doing your runs!!

How was the 25 min run BelfastGirl? I want to do it but too scared i will fail...

Gops
    Sealed Pot Challenge Member #881 :D
  • ginvzt
    ginvzt Posts: 4,878 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Keep going everyone! Well done to all of you!

I am back this week. I have my 'gym gear' in the car and hope to stop there on the way home. Although there is so much work at home to be done before Friday comes, that I am not sure there are enough hours in a day!!!!

So, Week 5 restart for me. I hope I can still make it!!!
    Spring into Spring 2015 - 0.7/12lb
  • Drea
    Drea Posts: 9,892 Forumite
    Options
    Okay, I'm slacking.

The weather has been awful and I don't have the motivation to go out in pouring rain/wind. It's times like these I wish I had a treadmill...
    Just because you made a mistake doesn't mean you are a mistake.
  • belfastgirl23
    belfastgirl23 Posts: 8,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Gopppers wrote: »

How was the 25 min run BelfastGirl? I want to do it but too scared i will fail...

Gops

Not good the first time I tried it, that was when I pulled the muscle in my bum (which I'm faithfully doing exercises for by the way :)) and I ended up doing it all but taking a one min break halfway through.

The second time round it wasn't so bad, although I did have company which made it different. But when I got to 25 i was exactly at the point of 'no more' if you see what I mean.

Why not give it a try. You'll either manage it or you won't. If you don't, you'll try again and you will manage it then. Don't put too much pressure on yourself!

That said I'm going to need to put a little pressure on myself to do the next one, it's tipping it down here and is likely to be tipping it down for the forseeable so I'm going to have to brace myself and do it in the gym!
  • bertiebots
    bertiebots Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Options
    Well week 1 ,run 1 -complete!!:j woohoo...My hip joints are aching a bit and I have a blister on my heal(:mad:) , but I have discovered the distance between home and my local park is perfect for starters:) and very peaceful .
    I am feeling pretty pleased with myself and think this program of jogging is fab. I would never have made it if I had tried to jog all the way and that would have probably put me off.
    Lets hope my blister is healed by thursday;)

Well done to everyone else too:D
    JAN GC- £155.77 out of £200:D FEB GC £197.31 out of £180:o. MARCH GC - out of £200
  • Drea
    Drea Posts: 9,892 Forumite
    Options
    bertiebots wrote: »
    Well week 1 ,run 1 -complete!!:j woohoo...My hip joints are aching a bit and I have a blister on my heal(:mad:) , but I have discovered the distance between home and my local park is perfect for starters:) and very peaceful .
    I am feeling pretty pleased with myself and think this program of jogging is fab. I would never have made it if I had tried to jog all the way and that would have probably put me off.

Well done :D:D

I always had blisters and sore feet until I got my running trainers :(
    Just because you made a mistake doesn't mean you are a mistake.
  • Mumto2
    Mumto2 Posts: 1,348 Forumite
    edited 30 March 2010 at 11:43AM
    Options
    bertiebots wrote: »

Well done!!!

I've decided to do mine on Weds, to give my hamstring time to rest (feels much better today :j).
    Went into town this morning to get some of those gel insoles to try and help with shinsplints. 3 sports shops - one closed down, the other one downstairs with a broken lift, other one looked at me like I was silly when i asked for them!

Need to think where has a 'proper' sports shop near here.

Well done everyone - I think we are doing great!
    Now proud Mumto3 :j
  • katyboo123
    katyboo123 Posts: 232 Forumite
    Options
    So I am 26 and not fit and I smoke and am overweight. I decided to sign up for the Race for Life and write a blog about all the things I would like to change. I did it this morning, I went for my first run, just about half a mile, but I did it, and I am absolutely on a massive high!

Will not only get fit, I'll raise money for a good cause and I will also lose some of the flab! Hopefully this will also give me the motivation I need to stop smoking!

Great thread, if you check out my blog I will keep you posted on my progress and have subbed to this thread, so I will keep seeing how everyone is getting on :) xx
  • teachergirl
    teachergirl Posts: 767 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well hello again everyone. I only work half a day today and when I got home it was sunny. I got into my trainers and immediately went out for my run. I am finding week 4 SO much harder than week 3. I ache all over now. Came home and put loads of washing on(the nice man from dyson mended it yesterday.) and of course it is now pouring with rain. Still at least it was lovely for my run. I'm with everyone else when they don't want to go out when the weather is lousy. mumto2 I am glad you decided to have a rest day hopefully you will be fine tomorrow. Come on Goppers you CAN do it and like belfastgirl23 says so what if you fail the first time, theres always the next time. We have all got to be in it for the long haul. We are marathon runners not sprinters.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Good on you bertiebots I wondered if you would make it today. hello to katieboo123.
    Enough money to live on so retired early...planning to see where life takes me:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure