Couch to 5k Running - Part Two

Options

Comments

• belfastgirl23
    belfastgirl23 Posts: 8,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    bertiebots wrote: »
    Sometimes I wish I had not inherited my mothers "worry" gene lol!. I am sure I am going to be fine. Thanks belfastgirl

Go early morning if you're worried, guarantee you that there's hardly anyone around and those who are barely have their eyes open anyway :)
  • teachergirl
    teachergirl Posts: 767 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good Morning everyone. I did it I did it.:j:j:j Week 4 run 1, very slowly but I have run for five whole minutes without stopping twice.:eek: I am so pleased with myself.
    shandyclover I think it was you who was discussing the benefits of running over fast walking. Well I am a fast walker and I was tempted to walk instead of run. I have a heart monitor and I checked yesterday on my "non run day" when I walk fast I do not even get into zone 2. When I run, even very very slowly I hit zone 2 quite quickly and then zone three if there is a slight incline;) I only started doing this about 4 weeks ago and then I could get into zone two and even zone three just by walking quickly. So this is a very round about way of saying I think it is important to try and run even if it is slow.
    bertiebots I run on my own as well. I quite like it . It means I do not have to worry about keeping up with anyone else and I can just think to myself "I have a spare 30 minutes I'll go now."
    Looking forward to hearing about everyboby elses runs.:)
    Enough money to live on so retired early...planning to see where life takes me:D
  • Mumto2
    Mumto2 Posts: 1,348 Forumite
    Options
    This is it... I'm leaving the house for the first time in my life to go running (jogging :o). Have loaded the podcast onto Hubby's ipod, so here I go.

The family are all out though, so if I'm not back in an hour, will someone send out the search party :rotfl:

Thanks for your inspiration everyone
    Now proud Mumto3 :j
  • Mumto2
    Mumto2 Posts: 1,348 Forumite
    Options
    Woohoo! Week 1, run 1 - done!
    I'm so proud of myself for taking up the challenge as never thought I would actually do it.

A few technical hitches on the way, started the first running interval, Ipod flew out of pocket, pulled out earphones and crashed on floor :eek: fortunately still works. Tracky bottoms wouldn't stay put around waist - might have to invest in a new pair.

Off to do half an hour on exercise bike challenge - should reach Glasgow today :j:j
    Hope everyone is having a good weekend
    Now proud Mumto3 :j
  • teachergirl
    teachergirl Posts: 767 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done mumto2.
    Enough money to live on so retired early...planning to see where life takes me:D
  • belfastgirl23
    belfastgirl23 Posts: 8,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well done mumto2, that first run feels amazing :)

I finally managed my week 6 run 3 today - a 25 minute run :D :T

And for all I said about running alone, a friend who has been messing around with week 1 asked to come with me and I couldn't really say no. Anyway turned out that she managed 20 mins with only a very little walk in the middle which was absolutely amazing. Not only that but she was running faster than me!! Although I think learned the slow down go longer lesson as well :) anyway if I go with her again it will def speed me up. though I'm not sure if that's what I want yet.

Hope everyone else is doing well :)
  • shandyclover
    Options
    Did week 3 day 3 today - and I did actually run.

Then did huge ammounts of damage by eating too much at a friend's BBQ!

Ah well, theres always tomorrow.
    No buying unnecessary toiletries 2014. Epiphany on 4/4/14 - went into shop to buy 2 items, walked out with 17!

• PepPop
    PepPop Posts: 1,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mumto2 wrote: »
    Woohoo! Week 1, run 1 - done!
    I'm so proud of myself for taking up the challenge as never thought I would actually do it.

A few technical hitches on the way, started the first running interval, Ipod flew out of pocket, pulled out earphones and crashed on floor :eek: fortunately still works. Tracky bottoms wouldn't stay put around waist - might have to invest in a new pair.

Off to do half an hour on exercise bike challenge - should reach Glasgow today :j:j
    Hope everyone is having a good weekend

Yay well done you!! (Just as well your doing your cycling challenge on an exercise bike - you'd have got drenched if you'd been doing it for real. It was pouring down earlier on)
  • sarsief
    sarsief Posts: 228 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Great work everyone!

I managed to do Run #3 Week 1 yesterday .... although my ipod ran out of battery 4 mins into the warm up walk and I didn't have a watch so I had to count in my head for all the intervals!!

I think I actually ran more the 8 minutes not knowing proper timings ... I was out for 40 mins and it usually only takes 30, which is good. Felt better afterward too and not guilty when I fell asleep on the couch later that afternoon ;)

Now I have to plan out my week 2 runs this week, which won't be easy with Easter and going away ... but must keep up this motivation!!

Keep up the great work everyone!
    Couch to 5K Running 2009/2010/2011

I'm all about the freebies!! :)
  • Drea
    Drea Posts: 9,892 Forumite
    Options
    Well done mumto2 :)

Busy weekend over, I guess I better get back to my running :rotfl:
    Just because you made a mistake doesn't mean you are a mistake.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure