IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Ticket from CMS UK Ltd

Options

Comments

• HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    Options
    Check you tenancy agreement. Does it include a parking space? If so, then you are entitled to "peaceful enjoyment" of it, after all, you are paying for it in your rent.
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • Harry_Flashman
    Options
    Yes, bolt cutters or bump keys.
    eduit. You could use an angle grinder but they are a bit noisy.

I always thought you could be done for criminal damage for removing a clamp this way?
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    Why would a landlord kick out a tenant of a property if you pay your rent, and look after the place you are living in ? They are likely don't give a monkeys about this, and probably had some problem with these scammers previously! The parking company won't contact your landlord, I mean how would they get that info? So don't worry about losing your apartment.

As for the scammers, basically ignore them utterly, and their fake letters, solicitors and debt collection agencies, you have saved them £2.50 by giving your address, which is a shame, don't fall for it, watch these videos and learn

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3164256
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • taffy056
    Options
    I always thought you could be done for criminal damage for removing a clamp this way?

Cut the lock off, and go and buy a new one from B&Q and hand it in to a police station many hundreds of miles away if you can, but then, if it happened to me I would cut the clamp off and just leave it there and sod them!
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
  • Harry_Flashman
    Options
    taffy056 wrote: »
    Cut the lock off, and go and buy a new one from B&Q and hand it in to a police station many hundreds of miles away if you can, but then, if it happened to me I would cut the clamp off and just leave it there and sod them!

Thanks for that.

It's never happened to me, but I could hand it in anywhere in the country (trucker by trade :) )
  • El_Nino_3
    Options
    HO87 wrote: »
    Check you tenancy agreement. Does it include a parking space? If so, then you are entitled to "peaceful enjoyment" of it, after all, you are paying for it in your rent.

Yes, it does my friend. It even has the plot number, P147, which is my parking space disc, on this folder I have with all the maintenance stuff in it.
  • El_Nino_3
    El_Nino_3 Posts: 12 Forumite
    edited 14 January 2012 at 3:40PM
    Options
    Why would a landlord kick out a tenant of a property if you pay your rent, and look after the place you are living in ? They are likely don't give a monkeys about this, and probably had some problem with these scammers previously! The parking company won't contact your landlord, I mean how would they get that info? So don't worry about losing your apartment.

As for the scammers, basically ignore them utterly, and their fake letters, solicitors and debt collection agencies, you have saved them £2.50 by giving your address, which is a shame, don't fall for it, watch these videos and learn

To be honest, I don't really know why they would, but as I've only just moved in, I didn't want to "upset" anything, so to speak. With them working together, (apparently), I didn't want to be seen as a trouble maker.

Thanks for the link too.
  • taffy056
    Options
    El_Nino wrote: »
    To be honest, I don't really know why they would, but as I've only just moved in, I didn't want to "upset" anything, so to speak. With them working together, (apparently), I didn't want to be seen as a trouble maker.

Thanks for the link too.

The only thing you'd upset is a bunch of chancers, there is no loss to the landowner, so as this has nothing to do with your landlord I wouldn't worry about it, just be a good tenant and that is it, a third party company can do nothing, just ensure your permit is on display and can't be shaken off a dashboard. Do any of the signs mention clamping at all ?
  • El_Nino_3
    Options
    The only thing you'd upset is a bunch of chancers, there is no loss to the landowner, so as this has nothing to do with your landlord I wouldn't worry about it, just be a good tenant and that is it, a third party company can do nothing, just ensure your permit is on display and can't be shaken off a dashboard. Do any of the signs mention clamping at all ?

Thanks mate :)

To be honest, I've not even seen any signs. I'll have to have a look
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 3 March 2014 at 12:31AM
    Options
    This is an old old old thread.

If you are reading this after 2013 you are utterly wasting your time.

Please go to the current forum and learn about the current advice - see my signature which tells you where to click to find CURRENT advice!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure