IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Ticket from CMS UK Ltd

Options

Comments

• BulldogPete
    Options
    MDBJ wrote: »
    I would respectfully suggest that I at least have a moral right to do so. Which you didn't!

MDBJ... Thanks for the feedback, however, I feel I need to tell you something my friend.... I also have a 'moral' right to park in these places as I have arthritis in my spine. Some days are worse than others and, if I chose to, I could probably be awarded a 'blue badge' for my condition. The reason I choose not to is simple... I am only 40 years old, still willing and able to work but noticed when applying for jobs while I was unemployed that if I informed any prospective employers of my condition I would get no further than the application form. Once I stopped telling people I started getting job offers. I know it is wrong but its a fact of life that people do prejudice against you. Also, I feel that applying for a blue badge at my age would be wrong when there are, in my opinion, people out there more deserving of one that can't get one. I just grin and bear any pain or discomfort I may be in and get on with my life.
    I also forgot to mention that I have a 2 year old daughter that can be quite a handful so parking as close to the shop as possible is a must. Unfortunately for me, the 2 parent child spots had been occupied by people without children (I know this because they returned to their cars while I was looking for the ticket issuer) but they didn't receive a ticket for parking in them. Don't get me wrong, I don't think they should have been, I'm just pointing out the double standards this guy and the scam artists he works for seem to have :cool:
  • MDBJ
    MDBJ Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    MDBJ... Thanks for the feedback, however, I feel I need to tell you something my friend.... I also have a 'moral' right to park in these places as I have arthritis in my spine.
    In which case I withdraw my admonishment of you entirely and unreservedly but you made absolutely no mention of this in your post and it is very relevant.

I think you should join the club. If you are disabled within the meaning of the Equality Act 2006 then the retail park are under an obligation to make reasonable adjustments in order to enable you to shop. The fact that you do not currently have a blue badge is irrelevant and by trying to use this as the sole criterion upon which to judge use of disabled spaces at their shops the operators are simply being lazy. Stand up for your rights.

You have obviously suffered the fairly standard level of discrimination elsewhere so don't allow this car park operator to get away with it anymore. My disability is as the result of a stroke I suffered at a frighteningly young age and I know exactly what you mean about prospective employers suddenly finding that the post has been scrapped/filled internally/they've reappraised their people requirements etc etc etc. Despite the fact that alot of people would have you believe they are entirely "inclusive", they employee those from ethnic minorities; have female directors and a gay MD their attitude still changes when they spot the limp or the chair. :)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 3 March 2014 at 12:30AM
    Options
    MDBJ... Thanks for the feedback, however, I feel I need to tell you something my friend.... I also have a 'moral' right to park in these places as I have arthritis in my spine. Some days are worse than others and, if I chose to, I could probably be awarded a 'blue badge' for my condition. The reason I choose not to is simple... I am only 40 years old, still willing and able to work but noticed when applying for jobs while I was unemployed that if I informed any prospective employers of my condition I would get no further than the application form. Once I stopped telling people I started getting job offers. I know it is wrong but its a fact of life that people do prejudice against you. Also, I feel that applying for a blue badge at my age would be wrong when there are, in my opinion, people out there more deserving of one that can't get one. I just grin and bear any pain or discomfort I may be in and get on with my life.
    I also forgot to mention that I have a 2 year old daughter that can be quite a handful so parking as close to the shop as possible is a must. Unfortunately for me, the 2 parent child spots had been occupied by people without children (I know this because they returned to their cars while I was looking for the ticket issuer) but they didn't receive a ticket for parking in them. Don't get me wrong, I don't think they should have been, I'm just pointing out the double standards this guy and the scam artists he works for seem to have :cool:

Then the Private parking company (we call them a PPC) and the retailer would be breaking the law if you had made it known about your condition, or if you choose to make it known now and they continue to harass you. You ARE allowed to park in those disabled bays (on private land) because you fit the Equality Act's definition of disability which is here.

You can always use a disabled space in retail car parks, BulldogPete, you are legally entitled to make use of the retailer's reasonable adjustment and there's nothing the scumbag PPCs can do about it. Even if the signs say 'Blue Badge only' you can STILL park there because the law outweighs their dodgy attempt at restrictions and a contract.

Read the current threads on the board, it's not just this thread talking about CMS and other PPCs you know!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

This is an old old old thread.

If you are reading this after 2013 you are utterly wasting your time.

Please go to the current forum and learn about the current advice - see my signature which tells you where to click to find CURRENT advice!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • robredz
    robredz Posts: 1,602 Forumite
    edited 15 August 2011 at 8:37AM
    Options

In a similar position myself, it is soul destroying when you don't get past the application. the worse thing is people often don't realise how the "hidden disabled" i.e. the ones with little outward signs of disability, who nevertheless are badly affected, feel magrinalised.

I think I will park my white van in a space, and when the ticket gets put on my windscreen go to customer services, ask ASDA for CCTV of my visit, and my use of a stick as prima Facie evidence of their and their parking contractor's fundamental breach of the Equalities Act. Likely outcome? I will be inundated with threatograms from the ppc, which I will use as further evidence against them. Serems like a plan, any other ideas to cane these wazzocks?
  • Jbee23
    Jbee23 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 16 August 2011 at 9:05PM
    Options
    I received a so called parking fine from cms after visiting a friend who lives in a housing association block of flats, the resident who i was visiting was told that parking wouldn't be enforced at night so i parked and got a £90 charge which would be reduced to £55 should i pay within 14 days whoopee ! For not displaying a valid permit, i have emailed them to explain this but surprise surprise i haven't had a reply. Just wanted to check, they have no legal right to enforce this ? And should i ignore any correspondence from them ?
  • Sir_Roger_deLodger
    Options
    Jbee23 wrote: »
    Just wanted to check, they have no legal right to enforce this ? And should i ignore any correspondence from them ?

Correct. Just ignore.
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Basically no offence has occurred. Disabled Parking Bays have no legal existence on private property. They are provided as a courtesy and can be treated as a large bay for the parking of vans and 4x4s (before the Blue Badge Brigade start, I have a disability, but no wish for a B/B, neither do I park in these bays).

Btw, there is now an online petition calling for the law to be changed so DVLA can no longer divulge driver info to non-governmental organisations. The petition is HERE
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• 27col
    27col Posts: 6,554 Forumite
    Options
    Not much interest in the petition. It would appear that only 18 people signed it.
    I can afford anything that I want.
    Just so long as I don't want much.
  • sarahg1969
    sarahg1969 Posts: 6,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've been to Robin Park today, and parked there during the football match. There are signs on entry that say "Vehicles staying for more than 2 hours on a matchday will be fined". I'd like to see them try. :)
  • El_Nino_3
    Options
    Hi,

I'm new here, but have followed a lot of stuff on these forums for quite some time now.

I have a situation. I am renting an apartment, in Leicester. When I got my tenancy agreement and my keys, I received a CMS parking permit. I was moving some stuff in the other week, and was parked in my own designated parking bay. When I returned to my car, I noticed that may parking permit had come away for the inside of the windscreen, and was laying on my dashboard. It was dark when I left there, and it wasn't until the next day, that I noticed something under my windscreen wiper. Yes... low and behold, it turned out to be a ticket.

I was fuming! Anyhow, I emailed an appeal, offering an explanation, and evidence, (proof of my tenancy agreement, which contains my parking bay number). About a week later, I got a reply, basically saying they my appeal had failed, and that I need to pay. They were happy that the ticket was given correctly, as I was parked in a designated parking space, failing to show a parking permit. (Did they even read my appeal)??!!

I have appealed, (more like pleaded with them to look into my appeal again, as I really don't feel I should pay this!

I don't want to cause a fuss, as I am worried that it could jeopardise my tendency in this apartment. I have only just moved in, and love it here. I didn't know if my case was any different to others, as I was given my permit by my the people who own the properties. CMS are obviously working on behalf of them, so I didn't know if not paying this could cause me any trouble. IE, getting kicked out of my aparment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Phil
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills