PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Packed Lunch for work

Options

Comments

• swirlygirly
    Options
    HI all!

Im trying to save up for flat deposit at the mo..and have negotiated with my mum to let me pay less rent at home but buying my own food. So...I need some ideas for Veggie lunches to take to work (cold only as no microwave!) - things that are nice and easy please!!!
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    Nice bowl of salad with some crumbled cheese (stilton with apricots is v nice!) and some balsamic dressing (you can either take that separately or put it on in the morning, I like mine well soaked in so put it on in the morning). Even if you buy the salad prepacked it still works out v v cheap compared to buying out.

Enjoy! x
    Gone ... or have I?
  • Jake'sGran
    Jake'sGran Posts: 3,269 Forumite
    Options
    How about houmous and low fat biscuits to eat it with plus a piece of fruit. That is a good balanced meal. Pieces of celery and a dip plus pc of fruit.
    Pomegranets are the super food of the moment and they are only about 50p. One of them and a sandwich (wholemeal bread) is a good meal.
  • joolee_2
    Options
    pasta, cheesa and salad with mayo ....wether u on a diet or not uummm
    The quickest way for a parent to get a child's attention is to sit down and look comfortable. :eek:
  • crawley_girl
    Options
    veggie samosa, onion bajhees

pitta bread, bagels, rolls, naan bread all as an aterntiave to a loaf of bread
    Ever wonder about those people who spend £2 apiece on those little bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backward.
  • dooper
    dooper Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    your going the right way to save a wadge of cash. Buying your lunch every day costs a fortune over the month.
  • I'mcomingbackasaman
    Options
    Left overs from the evening meal do well for packed lunch like pasta dishes.
    Humus with dips are good, or celery and cream cheese. Cup a soups, pot noodles if you feel like. (Hopefully you have hot water available). Cheese crackers and silverskin onions go well. Cereal bars are good nutritious snacks. bags of fruit and nuts, yoghurts, fresh fruit, etc. Hope this helps.
  • gizmos
    gizmos Posts: 359 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    invest in a good quality flask (or see if your mam has one) and you can take something a bit more substantial

vegetable quiches you could cook the night before and have with some salad.
  • swirlygirly
    Options
    Brilliant! Thanks everyone, loads of nice ideas there that I can try, yum!
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure