Orlando & Florida - Questions & Answers (Part 1) *CLOSED*

Options

Comments

• Fatboy_NSS
    Options
    I don't think they'll sell you flights in dollars if your first flight is from the UK. The weak dollar has increased the dollar price for flights, rather than reduce the sterling price unfortunately.

I have had success in the past booking cheap hotels in the US through https://www.hotels.com, both online and by phone. https://www.priceline.com might also be worth a look. Remember to tell the site you're American so they charge you in dollars rather than pounds.

For car hire, try keying in the name of the airport you're arriving at followed by car hire into google. There's probably a local company who would probably be cheaper than booking with the major chains.
  • Finishrich
    Finishrich Posts: 1,038 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    For Villas (book direct with villa owner), Flights, Car Hire & Tickets check out Orlando Guide They have a good chat forum there too, which you'll pick up loads of tips
  • Finishrich
    Options
    They usually try to get you to upgrade that's another trick - but since you've already booked the convertible I can imagine what they'd want you to upgrade too!

We were in Florida in September and they best deal we could find for car hire was Here
  • kaznelson
    Options
    Any suggestions & hints visting Florida in April/May with two children??

Does anybody know the Best Value travel agents??

Thanks
  • realaledrinker
    Options
    Last year I became addicted to this site which I found absolutely invaluble in planning a trip to Orlando & the Gulf Coast.

I recommend The Unofficial Guide to WDW book as a good start point.

Have a great time.

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?s=ad09f9c06e411ffd3b35213c5454ab72&f=47
    Ethical moneysaver
  • Finishrich
    Options
    check out Orlando Guide Forum loads of people there with useful tips. The car hire available through them is the cheapest I found for our trip in September you have a choice of Dollar or Alamo.

Disney are bringing out New tickets for 2005 check out Orlando Ticket Deals depending on what your plans are the new 14 day one looks like good value.
  • halifax
    halifax Posts: 241 Forumite
    Options
    I asked Andrea to make sticky a thread on Orlando just before the site crashed and unfortunately this was lost in the site shuffle. So hopefully we can start again with MSE recommendations for flights, WDW tickets, accommodation etc.

Looking to purchase tickets for Disney World Orlando and wondered if anyone knew of any deals I could get either here or in the US.

Thanks in advance.
    Watch out for Freddie the Fox at the Shay !!
  • phague
    phague Posts: 762 Forumite
    Options
    Hello,

I bought mine from attactionticketsdirect.com. We ordered them in advance for travel in May 2003.

They were the cheapest @ the time, and we received the actual tickets thro the post within a week. We bought the Orlando Flexticket for the 5 theme park option (£120 for unlimited 14 days).

Not sure if they are on a cashback site tho.

Hope this helps.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    We are going to WDW this summer and I have spent ages on the net trawling ticket sites.

There are new tickets out for UK only today and I found that http://www.orlando-ticket-deals.co.uk to be the cheapest. It takes some reading up to work out which ticket deal is the best for you. I was originally going to go for a 7 day hopper pass and then looked at the new deals and decided on the 7 day Premium ticket at £144 per adult. Then I realised that the 14 day Ultimate ticket was only £10 dearer and have decided on that one.

Orlando-ticket-deals will price match any other UK sites.

A useful site I was directed to by a MSE user is Disboards.com discussion forum that has a board for UK travellers. I have gleaned a lot of info from reading posts there.

HTH
  • cookie54
    cookie54 Posts: 334 Forumite
    Options
    we are going to Orlando next month for a couple of weeks-we have just booked the flights -now we need to sort out car hire,hotels etc.......
    Just wondering if anybody know's a good car hire firm and any good websites to book accommation with.

Also is it worth waiting to get theme park tickets in orlando because of the good exchange rate-will it be cheaper??
    thanks ............
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport