Car insurance - Avoid insuring with RCIB - Right Choice Insurance Brokers

Comments

• Our renewal came up so we hit the comparison sites. RCIB where the second cheapest provider (unfortunately we were not able to contact the cheapest). They quoted us for £700, we completed the online form and were informed that somebody would contact us to confirm the details.

We later received a phone call stating that we had filled the online form in incorrectly and the premium would be significantly higher - after arguing our case we managed to get the premium back down to £700.

We then get email confirmation confirming who the insurance was underwritten by but stating that if we contact them then our policy would be terminated - is that allowed.

The email confirmation also requested a load of information that has never been requested before. It was at this point that I googled RCIB and got that "oh no" feeling. Has anybody received a good service?
  • Rcib car insurance are thieves. They say a price and they call you after few hours saying a completely different price they rip people off big time. I will not advise anyone to go for right choice insurance. It shouldnt be named right choice insurance it should be called wrong choice insurance. Oh yeh to top it up the staff is absolutely rude and helpless.
  • Rcib car insurance are thieves. They say a price and they call you after few hours saying a completely different price they rip people off big time. I will not advise anyone to go for right choice insurance. It shouldnt be named right choice insurance it should be called wrong choice insurance. Oh yeh to top it up the staff is absolutely rude and helpless.
  • [b]rcib car insurance are thieves. They say a price and they call you after few hours saying a completely different price they rip people off big time. I will not advise anyone to go for right choice insurance. It shouldnt be named right choice insurance it should be called wrong choice insurance. Oh yeh to top it up the staff is absolutely rude and helpless.[/b]
  • paulina_3
    paulina_3 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Thank God for this website and thanks to all of you sharing your story. I have the exact same experience. Being quoted yesterday £1000, being called today and told it will actually be £1700. I felt soo under pressure as the guy didn't allow me to call back in 5 min, saying he will not be able to hold the price, I stupidly agreed. Then checked other webs and realized it is not right, wanted to cancel (literally 15min later) but was told will need to pay cancellation fee £45 plus 10% premiums. I actually posted somewhere else asking for advise before I came across these posts. I will be cancelling tomorrow (as cancellation team not in today), already texted the guy who called me as it was mobile number to make sure they understand I want full deposit back or will report them. How can this company exist??
  • I've been trying to get an insurance quote for my dad and RCIB came up very cheap. I was ready to purchase but decided to google if there was any cashback available. This forum came up. So glad, I didn't purchase. I hope all you guys managed to resolve the issues with them.
  • Same with me. They were the cheapest quote on GoCompare so I took them out but they added around £100 to the quote. I accepted but then they did everything in their power to try to make me cancel. they were very difficult about the documentation I sent over (license etc), I had just moved house so my addresses didn't match, saying that the pics were blurry, then they said they needed a picture of the back of my photocard license, then that wasnt right either. They were constantly sending me letters saying they were going to cancel my subscription if I didn't give them this or that. It got so bad that I took their number into the hospital with me when I gave birth to my daughter so I could sort it out if they threatened to to cancel while I was in there!! Whenever I phoned to sort it out they would be difficult to contact and would pass you around several phones, I was once redirected incorrectly 5 times in one call, after waiting 10 minutes for an answer

I sent them my named drivers license and they asked for something else, cant remember what now .I said I was going to call Aviva and complain. They dropped everything and sent my policy document immediately.

Basically this company want you to cancel so they can make a quick buck. now that my policy is nearly done I intend to complain to both Aviva and the FSA.
  • I wish i had read this thread before i purchased insurance with this company. I bought insurance online for £649. Someone phones me to go over the details and then tells me that the price is £798 because I did not write in my correct occupation.
  • As mentioned by few other members, i wish i read this thread before giving these thieves my money. My insurance finishes in 3 days, went through multiple comparison sites to find the cheapest quote. These guys weren't the cheapest but had quoted £20 more than the cheapest offer but these guys came with a few more extras. Quote was roughly £740, paid it off, received an email saying i wouldn't be insured until they rang me to verify my information. I got tired of waiting so i rang them, got put through to the sales department, even though i had paid for their insurance. The guy on the phone goes through my details and i confirm everything until it came to my occupation, what he tells me is correct, but he tells me he has to check something with his manager, puts me on hold, comes back a few minutes later and tells me due to my occupation, what i paid for was wrong and that my actual quote was for £1100, he tells me to disregard it as he has a cheaper quote from another company that will quote me £790, i tell him straight that my current insurance provider has quoted me a value of £744, which he tells me that he will go back to his manager and get another value, few minutes later comes back with £750, which at this point I'm still confused as to why i have to pay more even though i was quoted something else which i paid for already. So few minutes pass and i just get fed up and agree to pay the £20, he tells me due to me paying the amount fully, id have to pay the £20 the following month interest free, i tell him i want to get this over and done with and pay it right now, he agrees, now this is the point where i just got frustrated :mad:, the person wanted a photo of both sides of my credit card, i just couldn't understand why, no other company has ever asked me for a photo for my card. I tell him i can't provide it as i don't feel its secure to be handing a company a photo of my credit card, which at this point i said, give me a refund. Nothing happened for an hour, hour later ring them back up and get a confirmation email for a refund of the value. Will need to confirm this with my back but for now it seems its alright.

tl:dr; you pay what you get quoted, receive email you will need to confirm your details over the phone to be insured with them, on the phone they find excuses and reasons to bump the price up.

Never deal with this company, your life will be better if you just avoid them.
  • RCIB COMPLETE LIARS.NEVER DEAL WITH THEM.THEY ROBBED ME £250 For 2 weeks coverage.Trust me.2014 RCIB still rob people money!!Damn angry with them!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback