Car insurance - Avoid insuring with RCIB - Right Choice Insurance Brokers

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• louiswood8910
    Options
    so i have just fallen for this too!!!

Back in September i paid a deposit of £100 and the next day i was contacted to ask for my driving lis and no claims etc.

i sent this to the email given and i was them sent an email saying my insurance was cancelled 
    no one answers the phone!
    i ended up taking a new policy out with a well know company to be safe as i see the reviews.

i have today had a call from them saying i owe them cancelation fees and charges and will get passed onto a debt collection agency!     I refuse to give in on this.  has anyone taken this matter further with legal help or can point me in the right direction?

so angry !!
  • DeltaWhiskey
    Options
    so i have just fallen for this too!!!

Back in September i paid a deposit of £100 and the next day i was contacted to ask for my driving lis and no claims etc.

i sent this to the email given and i was them sent an email saying my insurance was cancelled 
    no one answers the phone!
    i ended up taking a new policy out with a well know company to be safe as i see the reviews.

i have today had a call from them saying i owe them cancelation fees and charges and will get passed onto a debt collection agency!     I refuse to give in on this.  has anyone taken this matter further with legal help or can point me in the right direction?

so angry !!
    Did you manage to get this ironed out? 
    I can't believe they've been getting away with this for ten years now. Clearly the regulatory authorities are just there for decoration
  • Fighter1986
    Options
    Holy Moly are these jokers still trading!?

I had a close run in with them a couple of years ago where they happily took payment in full for the year from my debit card, and in exchange provided me with no insurance whatsoever.

After a lot of chasing, excuses and delays they happily told me that as I "Lied" (more on that later) on my particulars I'd have to pay for a policy that was about 20% more expensive.

I explained that as they failed to provide the service I contracted them to provide I'm entitled to a full and immediate refund as per my rights under the distance selling act, thank you very much. This did arrive back in the bank a week later thankfully.

As for the so called "Lie" - they claim I shouldn't have put "Driveway" on my form because the tarmac in my front garden is "shared" with other houses; because there isn't a wall, hedge, grass, fence, or other party line (we have a terraced house) between my driveway and the one next to me I have "Residential Parking".

Funny, no other insurer I've ever been with prior or since has thought so.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Read the reviews and trustpilot and avoid like the plague, they make phone scammers look ethical. Don't think it wont happen to you. . .
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback