One Call Insurance

Options

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Mark-dubya wrote: »
    I have contacted the insurance company and they state that as they only ask for max 9+ at the time of quotation then that is all they can provide at renewal 9+. this is common practice

If they told you "this is common practice", then that was a way to swat you away.

eg. Aviva (probably bigger than your previous insurer, and not a recommendation) will oblige with a separate letter confirming the total you have (if you took them a proof showing 15, then they'd give you a letter with 16 on, assuming no claim made!)
  • loulouabc
    Options
    A FEW WORDS OF ADVICE TO ANYONE LOOKING FOR CAR INSURANCE.... STEER CLEAR OF ONE CALL INSURANCE.

Google's insurance search will more than likely put these fraudsters at the top with the lowest prices, but be warned, you WILL incur additional charges one way or another.
    For any alteration on the policy you will be charged £55, including change of address, private number plate, any motoring convictions, things that a reputable company will not charge for.
    So my advice, choose cover with a "well known" company. If you do a review search online for this company, you will see the thousands of pi*s poor customer reviews.
    Perhaps we could forward any previous complaints, or current complaints, to BBC Watchdog, we could do with making as many people aware of this company as possible.
  • Mr_K
    Mr_K Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    There's getting to be trend with insurance companies with with snappy names like 'One Call' , 'One Quote', '1st Central' etc. Crap service, high admin fees and anything they can to come top in comparison sites and hide /create extra charges. Everything gets spent on marketing and capturing new mugs, and very little is paid out. Avoid anyone with a 'fancy' name.
  • martin1966_2
    Options
    I took a business policy with One Call, stating I was self employed, I listed my type of business, I put down the correct millage I would expect to do in the next year with 11000 business miles and 12000 personal miles.
    I was unfortunate to have a RTA and to be at fault.
    This cowboy company refused to pay out for my repairs and cancelled my policy as my business policy didn't cover me for my business that I correctly put on application form.
    That will affect my insurance premiums for next 5 years as I've had a policy that has been cancelled.
    I would warn anyone to be very careful about going to One Call...
    Cheap isn't always best as I've found out the hard way...
  • vaio
    vaio Posts: 12,287 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cancelled policies will be with you forever and affect pretty much every class of insurance you need.

A complaint with a view to getting the cancellation removed & claim paid would be my next move with FOS referral if they don't play ball
  • Cheap_tricks_2
    Options
    These guys are charlatans and don't deserve to continue to trade. But they will unless you and I and everybody else that makes the mistake of dealing wither does something about it. So 1. Make sure that when they try tochange e terms of your agreement - they typically send an illiterate letter saying they are applying a £50 or thereabouts administration fee but don't even have the sense to tell you what it's for. 2. Tell the that they are cancelling your insurance ( they will love it if you cancel because then they get to charge the admin fee contractually). 3. Write to the Association of British Insurers, write to the FCA - one call's registration number is 302961 and file a complaint that one call are attempting to charge fees without any explanation or justification and that you believe this to be a breach of contract and contrary to the (abi) principals or in contravention of the FCA regulatory framework. 4. Bring an action in the small claims court if necessary to recover improperly applied fees, costs and interest. These people will continue to ry it on asmlong as they get away with it. It's up to you and I to put a stop to this

hi, I recently joined with one call and its been the worst mistake of my life.....First of all they sent my first letter to my neighbour across the road, my name on the top of the letter but her address. It included direct debit details and asked for me to post my no claims bonus. After I sent this off (recorded delivery, and a note asking for them to change the address), I heard nothing, then my neighbour recieved a letter asking for a driving licence, this time tho the letter was sent addressed to her with her address. luckily my neighbour remembered the company and gave me my letter, I then spent half an hour ringing them asking them to ammend my policy details as i was unsure if i was covered since all the details where in my neighbours address ect.. They said the reasin for the mistake was because my neighbour had the same surname and did a search for insurance onine?????
    That afteroon I faxed my driving licence which they asked for and rang to confirm they had recieved it (which they did). I also asked them to send me my policy again by email with it ammened which he said he would.
    The next day i opened my policy, only for it to change from being in my name to my neighbours, then my name, then my neighbours??? |all in the same document?? ( i have no idea) I sent an email of complaint to the complaints department only to recieve and email saying ( i have copied and pasted)
    I write to you in reply to your email on 24.11.10, in respect of your above policy arranged through One Call Insurance Services Ltd. I have tried on several occasions previously to contact you to resolve this matter, unfortunately you have been unavailable.....seriously???

Now today my neighbour came with another document stating that I have been charged 49.50, because they have not received my licence copy. ( aarrrrrrggggghhhh!!!!)
    Please please someone help me before I go insane???:mad:[/QUOTE]
  • fedup2007
    fedup2007 Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    I made the biggest mistake ever by getting a policy with this unprofessional lot. I, like many others, opted for the cheapest quote but in fact, they are just (if not more) as expensive as many high street brands with their hidden charges and penalties.

They expect documentation within 7 days of you taking out the policy and if you dont send it on time, they will cancel your policy and take £75 odd quid from your card as a 'cancellation fee'. Never heard anything like it. God forbid you are on holiday or don't currently have the documents they need. Phoning and emailing them is futile.

I can understand policies that are put in place to combat fraud but me sending photocopied documentation is hardly confirming anything concrete is it?

Needless to say I've gone back to a high street bank - a tad more expensive but no doubt pretty hassle free (as has been my past 20 odd years of experience being insured).

If you are considering using them - don't bother.
  • Gemzlp
    Options
    Help my policy with one call is due for renewal 9th dec 2013 it is currently £38 per month I have just got another car same quote of payments for next year but they expect me to pay £187 for the remainder of policy to cover last two months on top of £38 dd is this normall ???? Only just seen all these bad reviews so will definatley not be renewing should i just except this then cancell when my renewal comes
  • Surrey2013
    Options
    Absolutely disgusting service from one call. Ongoing complaint with them and icing on the cake today is being told that my insurance is now void and the only company that will insure me is sabre for £2,352!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to cancel but can't because they have made it void, all due to being sold insurance incorrectly as I am not able to prove my no claims bonus, and advising them from day one, yet no e-mail reply, call waiting for 30 minutes! ! I have been driving 10 years and never ever had this happen, all because one call do not like to help there customers just take money and make up their policy terms and conditions as they go along. Absolutely taking this further and making sure they pay me back every penny . DO NOT USE - STAY WELL AWAY...
  • peterforster39
    Options
    without going into too much info and rant,
    I too insured my car with this company. they are proper rip off merchants and liars. I received a letter saying they were cancelling our car insurance. I rang them to be informed they need our no claims bonus. I downloaded it online to their downloaded documents but as it is online their is no way of proving it has been sent. ,.My insurance was cancelled and left me in a predicament. after two hours on the phone I was told that I should have rang them again to make sure they had received it, but they had taken my direct debit payment as my first months payment so thought I was insured. Have rang to complain and all I get is it is your responsibility to ring. they are a rip off company who will take your money and still cancel your insurance.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback