We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 11

1…982983985987988…1499

Comments

  • boogellyboo
    boogellyboo Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    SugarSpun wrote: »
    Thanks Boo :)
    I'm looking for shantung and trying to decide between lilac, deep red, black and deep green for a 1950s style dress with elbow length sleeves and a giant skirt. I love the lilac colour but think it might be too much for a big dress IYSWIM? I'll look at your recommendations, but have found a super cheap ebay seller so we'll see ;)

    Ooh sounds lovely, I'm tempted by a 1950's style dress for my wedding if we ever set a date!
    Belly Monkey arrived 19.11.09 :j
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    I wanted that style dress Boo but was too pregnant for the tiny waist to work :(

    Have just bought deep lilac as a compromise ;)

    Ooooooooooooooooooooooooh a creepy creepy thing just happened. We used to have a Persian cat who died in October, anyway one night we were in the shower and he got angry at not being the centre of attention and hopped in with us, then panicked at the water and fled leaving a trail of little wet footprints up the hallway.

    I just got out of the bath and there was a little wet cat footprint on the floor in the hallway :eek:
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Creepy SS!

    I had a horrible nightmare last night about the kids room being haunted. Tried to wake myself up and couldn't. I was too scared to go check on them after it because in the dream I was possessed by the ghost and attacked Christopher!

    Now Amber needs a nap and I don't want to take her up...
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    ooh spooky stuff ss!
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • boogellyboo
    boogellyboo Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    SugarSpun wrote: »
    I just got out of the bath and there was a little wet cat footprint on the floor in the hallway :eek:

    Eep :eek:

    OH has just taken Isla out for a walk, he actually said 'I'll mind Isla for a bit for you so you can get some stuff done' Erm no matey, you can take your DD for a walk because you want to take her for a walk, your not minding her for me when she's your's too :mad: Sorry, I know we had this chat a few weeks back but it really riles me. Anyway, I'd better get some stuff done incase family call round tomorrow. If I'm not back on have a good evening all x x
    Belly Monkey arrived 19.11.09 :j
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    ss when i last dog died .. everynow and again i used to feel like he'd got on the sofa for cuddle like he used to but would only happen if i felt low as that the times he used to do it ..

    me and zoe spent the whole day together which was nice she was so well behaved it was like having her back to how she was :D she got her face painted for free in h&m and i got her a cone of chips for lunch :D .. her eye test went well only a slight change but no need for new glasses ... just had a HM takeaway NOMNOMNOMNOM ... oooooh bought my tickets for manc :D ..

    really good mood today .. this is like the forth day running .. i never get past 3 so i know something bad is gonna happen soon but til then :D ...

    ((hugs)), :D's and :coffee:'s where needed xxxxx
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    OH just came home with wall stickers in the shape of black cats. Not kidding.

    There is no way they are going up on the walls.
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • money_maker_3
    money_maker_3 Posts: 9,591 Forumite
    Stoptober Survivor
    Well I'm back
    We went for this one
    Toy should have saw Dylans face when she was able to sit forward and see everything !! He was so happy :D
    The two best things I have done with my life
    :TDD 5/11/02 :j DS 17/6/09 :T
    STOPTOBER CHALLANGE ... here we go !!
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    mm very nice ... cant wait til im doing the same with jayden ...

    ss hows the dieting going? im on a mission to get down to 9st now then i different will stop x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • BeenieCat
    BeenieCat Posts: 6,567 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Whyyyyy are my car insurance quotes more expensive than i'm already paying, even though i'll have an extra year NCB AND i'll have turned 25? I've tried with or without the ex and it's cheaper without him now, wasn't the case last year.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.