We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 11

1…648649651653654…1499

Comments

  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Well I'm going to check the times first and then let you know? After the meet I'll probably take Keira and meet up with my friend Paul who's at uni down there, so probably easier and cheaper buying a return but I'll see! If there is a train about half 7 we'd get there for 10....I think!


    OK, I've been busy having a RL!!!! and thought I maybe missed something lol
  • carlamagee
    carlamagee Posts: 1,789 Forumite
    csh wrote: »
    Hello! You're never here anymore :( lol

    Did I see you have a new job??

    hiya!
    i know, i do come and spy on you all now and again, and i do creep on everyones fb profile aswell. I became, literally, addicted to being on here, lol, sad i know, but i needed to put things in perspective, which is why i havent been on really. i hope you all understand!! :o

    Yes, i went for the interview yesterday and thought I did dreadful. I was "urming" and "erming" and "ahhing" at every oppurutnity and know that I didnt give my 100%, but my 95% was obviously good enough for them, as they phone today and pffered me the job! I was in shock! :)
    I'll be working part time in a Nursery; i am pleased to be doing something to say that my HND wasnt money !!!!!! down the drain! :o lol

    Whats the story on here, i havent been able to catch up for a few days....???
    Carla-Farla!! :)

    Mummy to Katie (27.11.07) and Christopher (05.08.09) ♥♥♥
  • Buttonmoons
    Buttonmoons Posts: 13,323 Forumite
    lol no, I've hardly been on this thread too. Really need to pick up the addiction again. When you miss a few days it's REALLY hard to catch up!

    You bunch of blabbermouths :p
  • BeenieCat
    BeenieCat Posts: 6,567 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    I want this!!! http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-Us/Nursery/Coordinated-Bedding-Ranges/I-Love-My-Bear-Pink-CotCotbed-Bedding-Set%280073189%29

    Where can i buy some bedding? I need sheets and stuff for the new cotbed, but all the bedding bales seem expensive to me. Or am i just being a cheapskate??
  • carlamagee
    carlamagee Posts: 1,789 Forumite
    beenie; i got some for christopher from asda i think. i think they can be overpriced aswell!!
    Carla-Farla!! :)

    Mummy to Katie (27.11.07) and Christopher (05.08.09) ♥♥♥
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    BeenieCat wrote: »
    I want this!!! http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-Us/Nursery/Coordinated-Bedding-Ranges/I-Love-My-Bear-Pink-CotCotbed-Bedding-Set%280073189%29

    Where can i buy some bedding? I need sheets and stuff for the new cotbed, but all the bedding bales seem expensive to me. Or am i just being a cheapskate??

    B and M's are good for stuff. Don't do what I do and buy a huge pile you won't need lol Just a couple of sheets and blankets. Is Amber in sleeping bags?
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    carlamagee wrote: »
    hiya!
    i know, i do come and spy on you all now and again, and i do creep on everyones fb profile aswell. I became, literally, addicted to being on here, lol, sad i know, but i needed to put things in perspective, which is why i havent been on really. i hope you all understand!! :o

    Yes, i went for the interview yesterday and thought I did dreadful. I was "urming" and "erming" and "ahhing" at every oppurutnity and know that I didnt give my 100%, but my 95% was obviously good enough for them, as they phone today and pffered me the job! I was in shock! :)
    I'll be working part time in a Nursery; i am pleased to be doing something to say that my HND wasnt money !!!!!! down the drain! :o lol

    Whats the story on here, i havent been able to catch up for a few days....???

    I think everyone goes through phases when they feel that way.

    Not sure what the goss is as I'm trying not to be here much! Trying to get myself sorted for back to work :(

    We have a fewnew babies and Weezl is now a mother of 2!
  • workinmummy
    workinmummy Posts: 1,479 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Beenie,

    I bought this bale of bedding for Alex's Cot bed http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-Us/Nursery/Essential-Bedding/Cot-Bedding-Bale-White%280022431%29
    Not bad value really.

    But to be truthful all a bit of a waste. The Cotbed is made up with the fitted sheet, flat sheet, cellular blanket and fleece, but apart from the fitted sheet, its all pushed down to the very bottom of the Cot, as Alex wears a cardigan and sleeping bag, I do sometimes put the sheet and cellular over him as well if i think its very cold, but he just kicks them off.

    Have you ordered the Wilko Cot bed then?
  • cazscoob
    cazscoob Posts: 4,990 Forumite
    Beenie i got a lot of bedding form matalan and TBH it has washed up better than the expensive stuff :D
    What's for you won't go past you
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Random Q Can I freeze Passata?
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.