We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 11

1…12511252125412561257…1499

Comments

  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I noticed, and also somehow knew it was Christopher.
    ooh you're good!
    I took a photo of my eye so I could have a good look at the colour yest when we were talking about it and Chris insisted I took one of his too. He has been a right lil wotsit today , just needed a nap but will he go? no way jose! He was so tired he was slurring his words by bed time.
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • JAM1376
    JAM1376 Posts: 566 Forumite
    LOL Glam - it's called Sod's Law. We are gonna leave C in with us for at least another month and then see if things have improved as we too have to dismantle the cot. We are the other way round now - she is stuck in with us whereas J is stuck in his nursery lol.

    Fatty - I rarely post but when I do, it's usually a moan/asking for help. Regularly reading about you all (I sound a bit odd now) makes me realise C is very normal :-) so thanks to everyone who does post a lot, for whatever reasons, it all helps people who you don't even know are there (cue evil laff) xxx

    ETA I hope that came across right {shrug} - hope so xxx
    My baby girl :kisses3: September 09 :heartsmil
  • Evening all - *whispers* we had a mini breakthrough tonight with Benjamin going down and kind-of settling with me singing to him outside his bedroom door. He just doesn't want me to leave him but he won't go to sleep whilst I am in the room so this might be a way forward for us for a while. We still had tears but nothing like we normally have. Fingers crossed.


    Not sure if we have any veggies on here (or veggie babies come to that) but Hipp Organic Goodnight Milk is no longer suitable for vegetarians. They have been a bit sneaky and put a sticker on the lid saying 'important information, please read enclosed' and when you pull it off (which you wouldn't ordinarily pull off in store) and then underneath it only says 'no longer suitable for vegetarians' - they could have easily put it on the top!!


    Hope Charlie (and other poorly babies) get better soon.

    MFD xx
    r.mac wrote: »
    please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D
    Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14oz
    A new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 2012
  • I noticed you avvy, Sami, but I wondered if you'd had it for ages and I hadn't noticed so didn't say anything!

    Fattybooboo- yay for chunky November boys! I hadn't had H weighed for 6 weeks so thought I'd better go. He was exactly where I had expected him to be, which is good. How's Toby taken to weaning? H loves it, it is so sweet to watch him.
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
  • 3onitsway
    3onitsway Posts: 4,000 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Sami (And anyone else), when do they stop having naps? I can't remember. :o
    Glamazon wrote: »
    3 - I'm hoping it will work this way. He fell asleep after his 3pm bottle for over an hour and then at 6.50pm he was shattered so I popped him down for a nap. He woke up at 7.30pm but 20minutes later wanted his bed!

    V's never been one for day time naps though. She has one in the morning around half 10-11, for 30-45 minutes, and that's it. But she's been like that for months.

    After tea at 5, she's normally getting grumpy by 7.

    redmel1621 wrote: »
    I'm still not 100% decided where k is sleeping when the new one arrives??

    Can you get bunk-cots? :p

    Would the little ones be better sharing until Kai isn't so little, then put all the boys in together. *confused smiley*

    ok im completely stressing like ARGGHHHHH!!! .... sorry ..

    ((hugs)) to people with real problems and sickie babies xxxx

    Stop panicing. You know you'll be fine - you've done really well on the practice tests haven't you?
    :beer:
  • MadDogWoman_2
    MadDogWoman_2 Posts: 2,376 Forumite
    Katie has finally given in and gone to sleep. Fingers crossed the honey and lemon has done the trick.

    I'm having some too as my throat is really scratchy, not helped by spending 90% of my day on the phone.

    MFD - yay for Benjamin almost settling himself, I had to take it stages to get Katie to self settle at about the same age, it was also not without tears.
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
    DD Katie born April 2007!
    3 years 9 months and proud of it
    dreams do come true (eventually!)

  • MadDogWoman_2
    MadDogWoman_2 Posts: 2,376 Forumite
    3 - Katie has almost dropped her daytime nap, it depends on how busy she has been, if she's not done much no nap, but if she has been busy a nap is required. Also she won't have a nap if she has not had the opportunity like today it was swapped for feeding the ducks with Grandad.

    I reckon by the time she goes to playgroup is September she will have completely dropped it.
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
    DD Katie born April 2007!
    3 years 9 months and proud of it
    dreams do come true (eventually!)

  • MadDogWoman_2
    MadDogWoman_2 Posts: 2,376 Forumite
    ohhhh this time 3 years ago I was strapped to the CTG monitor for about the 4th time in one day!
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
    DD Katie born April 2007!
    3 years 9 months and proud of it
    dreams do come true (eventually!)

  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    yer 3 passing 6 out of 7 times ... i stress like this before any test .. should of seen me before my gcses i was a wreak and did really badly x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • JAM1376
    JAM1376 Posts: 566 Forumite
    Good luck tomoz SM, will be thinkin of ya.

    Off to bed soon I'm sure cos C will wake again.

    Night all if I have to dash off xxx
    My baby girl :kisses3: September 09 :heartsmil
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.