We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 11

1…12491250125212541255…1499

Comments

  • Jakesmummy
    Jakesmummy Posts: 997 Forumite
    aw good luck caz and little charlie, xx
  • 3onitsway
    3onitsway Posts: 4,000 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Jam Hugs for your crappy news. :(
    redmel1621 wrote: »
    I gave it him all innocent like, and after he had opened it I enquired as to whether it all look right and as it should.....he just said yep, perfect. Still mentioned nothing about the little extra, so now I will have to be all surprised when we get there.....

    This probably seems trivial to some of you who have lovely romantic husbands/partners, but this is the first time he has done anything like this in the last (maybe) 9yrs+:(

    Aw Mel, bless him! My OH is totally unromantic, but he will suprise me now and again and its always nice. :)

    Will you be able to fake surprise? I'm rubbish. :rotfl:

    cazscoob wrote: »
    Still no improvement here :( Just stuck him in the kitchen sink to wash him and he wouldnt get out lol! he is desperate for a bottle to go to bed and i feel awful having to say no. Does the flat coke work? im willing to give anything a go!

    I believe in flat coke - but I think it needs to be proper coke, not diet. It seems to settle the tum, plus giving some sugar. (Hopefully not so much that he's bouncing off the walls!)

    In my old party animal days, I used to pour a pint of coke when I got home, to drink flat in the morning. An excellent hangover cure. :o


    V hasn't been sick today, :T had some beans & banana (not together) for tea, stole a couple of chips from Daddy, and has had half a bottle and gone to bed.

    I hope we're over it now, and hope all the other poorly ones are over it as quick as us.
    :beer:
  • MadDogWoman_2
    MadDogWoman_2 Posts: 2,376 Forumite
    Hugs Caz - it's the best thing for him.

    Hugs Sami and Ed.
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
    DD Katie born April 2007!
    3 years 9 months and proud of it
    dreams do come true (eventually!)

  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    I hope it goes well Caz.
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    Glamazon wrote: »
    Sami - is that Ed or Chris in your avvy?
    It's Christoph, you the only one that noticed/commented :kisses3:
    Hope the NN can help him sleep better xx
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • Big hugs for Charlie and Caz. Hopefully they can get some IV fluid into him sharpish and he will start to feel much better.

    Anyone watching Heston on Channel 4? I never knew he said his name Blumenthal- I thought it was pronounced Blumentarl until I just heard him say it!
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
  • redmel1621
    redmel1621 Posts: 6,010 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    Glad V is a bit better. K also had a couple of chips for dinner, half a digestive biccie and half a bottle.

    Yes - I will be able to fake surprise, I am a good actor;)

    Caz...I am sorry Charlie is soo bad, but I think you are doing the right thing taking him to hospital. I really hope he recovers quickly.

    Sami - Ow to poor Ed...Are you sorting his cot out tomorrow:) TBH I am surprised he has not dived out before now, by 7/8mths K was stood up at the bars of his cot shaking them frantically while shouting/crying to get out in the morning!!!!
    I noticed the Avvy, just kept forgetting to comment (sorry)
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.
  • kindofagilr
    kindofagilr Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Koag - you'll be fine taking E to be weighed on your own. It's daunting at first but you'll be so chuffed with yourself that you did it afterwards :) You can use the dummy pod in the microwave to sterilise them, I can check the instruction label for you in a bit if you want? Just feeding milk monster again at the minute so can't reach them!

    Thanks :) that would be great

    I didnt take him :o I'm a wuss, I will deffo take him next week though

    Thanks Som, I wonder if we should try E with them, we have a few

    Tia I was thinking that as well, I was sitting here thinking jeez is E really going to feed himself at 4 months lol

    Hey Gym no I didnt :( I managed ok with E today though, but he cried for two hours from half 6 :( its wrecked the three of us, Awwwwww G is lush

    (((HUGS))) CAZ

    I'm off to bed, we are wrecked, E screamed from about half 6 till half 8 :(
    Debt £30,823.48/£44,856.56 ~ 06/02/21 - 31.28% Paid Off
    Mortgage (01/04/09 - 01/07/39)
    £79,515.99/£104,409.00 (as of 05/02/21) ~ 23.84% Paid Off

    Lloyds (M) - £1196.93/£1296.93 ~ Next - £2653.79/£2700.46 ~ Mobile - £296.70/£323.78
    HSBC (H) -£5079.08/£5281.12 ~ HSBC (M) - £4512.19/£4714.23
    Barclays (H) - £4427.32/£4629.36 ~ Barclays (M) - £4013.78/£4215.82
    Halifax (H) - £4930.04/£5132.12 ~ Halifax (M) - £3708.65/£3911.20

    Asda Savings - £0

    POAMAYC 2021 #87 £1290.07 ~ 2020/£3669.48 ~ 2019/£10,615.18 ~ 2018/£13,912.57 ~ 2017/£10,380.18 ~ 2016/£7454.80

    ~ Emergency Savings: £0

    My Debt Free Diary (Link)
  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    jillie1974 wrote: »
    aww Glam- you're like me....hate to post when we are having the problems

    have no suggestions at all as we never really have had any problems with sleeping (touch wood)

    I was just getting fed up of posting the same thing every morning and figured everyone would probably get sick of hearing it :o

    I'm hoping the change of feeds and the extra sleeps will help but I won't hold my breath!
    Sami_Bee wrote: »
    It's Christoph, you the only one that noticed/commented :kisses3:
    Hope the NN can help him sleep better xx

    :D Of course I noticed! Monsieur Christopher has bootiful eyes! :)

    Caz - hope he's OK soon. Not really been reading is it Lewis or Charlie?

    3 - Glad V is feeling better :)

    Mel - that is a lovely surprise! Just don't act too surprised! :rotfl:
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

    Where does the time go? :think:
  • 3onitsway
    3onitsway Posts: 4,000 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Sami_Bee wrote: »
    It's Christoph, you the only one that noticed/commented :kisses3:
    Hope the NN can help him sleep better xx

    I noticed, and also somehow knew it was Christopher.
    :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.